I got mine from the T-mobile shop (in Holland) with a iSmart 200 business plan.
    08-30-11 02:38 AM
    I got my 9930 last evening! Loving it. Cant wait until some of the "regular" apps get ported over to BBOS7!
    08-30-11 09:39 AM
    I just got my 9900 today, just an hour ago actually. It rocks, for the moment sitting pretty charging....will play all night with my new toy.
    08-30-11 12:32 PM
    Got my 9900 today... on a plan too good to turn down

08-30-11 12:42 PM

Man alive, that is a great tariff. I bought mine SIM free from the Voda store (�450). Weeping now. But I finally have it and I love it.
    08-30-11 01:09 PM
    Man alive, that is a great tariff. I bought mine SIM free from the Voda store (�450). Weeping now. But I finally have it and I love it.
    I cheated slightly... the manager is an old school friend, and I've been with them for 15 years

I'm pretty pleased with it though. I had to reduce the number of minutes from unlimited to 300 to get it that low, but I hardly ever use them anyway.
    08-30-11 01:20 PM

Nice plan! Was the phone free?
    08-30-11 01:41 PM
    Got mine on Friday after ordering on Verizon's website... Speechless. This phone is amazing.
    I have very similar sentiments.

I've been watching and waiting for this phone for about two years back when it was still just rumor (a Bold Touch with few if any details). Initially I didn't like the idea that it was going to use the (oversize, IMHO) Bold 9000 form factor and wished they would use something more along the lines of the 96xx/97xx series phones but over time using larger and larger Android devices the size began to grow on me.

When the reviews started to come in on the camera (no auto-focus, unable to take good pics of documents) I began to have serious second thoughts (especially considering this would likely be a full retail purchase for me).

Last week I went to two stores in search of a demo model to play with and after only a few minutes I was in love with the phone's size, weight, and form factor. The phone was super speedy (even the demo model which gets played with all day long), light weight, and after taking a few test pics with the camera (including a couple of the fact cards at the store) I was reassured about the camera. Unfortunately I didn't get any kind of corporate pricing on the phone full retail or upgrade, so I knew it was probably gonna be a full retail purchase sooner rather than wait for an upgrade later.

After himming and hawing it for a couple days, reading a few more reviews and watching a few more videos, I finally broke down and ordered it online late Thursday night. My device was shipped Friday "overnight shipping" but didn't actually come until yesterday (Monday) afternoon; talk about torture waiting. I know Fed Ex does not deliver Sundays but I was sure I had gotten stuff from them on Saturdays before.

As usual I was impressed with the device build quality and packaging, but disappointed with the included extras. They are getting cheap and not giving out SD cards and headphones anymore, also the battery that ships with the device is piddly, but I knew these things going in. I rarely use the headphones anyway and just removed the SD card from my old Bold 9650. Still at the premium price if these phones it irks me because these things cost them so little to include. This is supposed to be the premium device (at a premium price, and a stupid rebate required to boot!) and there should be NO compromises.

Anyway, it took me a few minutes to get things up and running on the new device but once I did it was amazing. There was some disappointment to see that a few apps are not BB7 compatible yet but as I have already posted elsewhere I know they will come soon enough. So far I am so impressed with this device, I don't know if I will ever be able to touch it's predecessors again.
    08-30-11 01:48 PM
    Nice plan! Was the phone free?
    Cheers... and yes, it was free
    08-30-11 01:54 PM
    Cheers... and yes, it was free
    Lucky you! It's definitely a sweet deal although I'm still pretty pleased with my �36 pm deal because I take a bit of comfort from the fact that I get a bit of a discount due to who I work for
    08-30-11 02:12 PM
    I am literally counting the days until my official upgrade date and then I can get off the �36 p/m tariff and onto something a bit cheaper
    08-30-11 02:38 PM
    Just got mine! This is the best BB ever!!!!!!!!!
    08-30-11 02:44 PM
    Just got mine! This is the best BB ever!!!!!!!!!
    The newest is (almost) always the best one to date LOL ;-)
    08-30-11 02:50 PM
    Got mine last week. This phone is the best, it even has a voice recorder built in. lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 03:26 PM
    Got mine last week. This phone is the best, it even has a voice recorder built in. lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    But this is a feature in many old BB devices.
    08-30-11 04:26 PM
    I left work early today in hope to find it had been delivered so I could pick it up from the depot, but no, nothing! It had better come tomorrow as I'm away for a couple of days after that and I can't stand this Nokia 3210 much longer! I could cry!!
    08-30-11 05:02 PM
    But this is a feature in many old BB devices.
    do not kill his joy...let him rejoice
    08-30-11 07:23 PM
    I got my 9930 last evening! Loving it. Cant wait until some of the "regular" apps get ported over to BBOS7!
    if you were using a BB with os6, you are lucky. what it means is that you can backup your 3rd party apps with BBSAk and restore them into your new phone.

good luck. (if you have an os6 device)
    08-30-11 07:25 PM
    Just had my 9900 delivered to my door. I came from IP4 to a BB Bold 9780. I'd never experienced the keyboard of the 9000, or even tried the 9900's in store. But oh my god! This keyboard is %$&*ing amazing!!!

This is so, so awesome!!
    QueenSakina likes this.
    08-30-11 10:21 PM
    if you were using a BB with os6, you are lucky. what it means is that you can backup your 3rd party apps with BBSAk and restore them into your new phone.
    Actually that's not a good idea, a number of BB6 capable apps have issues with BB7 including Amazon, Kindle, Dropbox, Google Sync, and eBay. It's best to download your apps fresh from AppWorld or wherever you got them to ensure the most recent version and compatibility with OS7
    08-31-11 12:58 AM
    My second Bold 9900 arrived! To avoid problems like I had with the first one... I put in my simcard and make a BBID?
    08-31-11 05:32 AM
    Got my 9900 2 days ago. I love it! Even my iAddict buddy was impressed. The keyboard is incredible, and I like the touch screen much more than I thought I would. Good job RIM!
    08-31-11 08:30 AM
    Got my 9900 yesterday. I actually forgot I had pre-ordered one for my company a couple of weeks ago (after my Playbook disappointment, I actually wanted to stop buying any new RIM product anymore), so I decided to give it a shot.
    I also had pre-ordered the Otter Defender Case.

My impressions as short points (keep in mind that I just started using the 9900 yesterday):

GOOD

1. 9900 is slightly bigger than expected (I have relatively small hands and it barely fits my hand, especially with the Otterbox Defender which makes it slightly bulkier) but the bigger size actually provides a rock solid grip feel.
    2. Keyboard is very nice, better than the one on my 9700
    3. Touch display works smoothly, very iPhone-like, better than on all Android phones I tried (many).
    4. Call quality seems to be great, no interference or noise(s)
    5. Display is very bright and readable in bright sunlight

NOT SO GOOD:

1. Horrible battery life (I'm using the latest OS7 beta, 353/544). I barely used my 9900 (maybe 10 minutes or so, two calls, one app installation) and in only four hours, the battery capacity went from 100% to 30%. Ouch.
    Charging rate is aprox. 1% per minute, so at least I don't have to wait hours for a full charge. Still...I wish charging would be faster, my iPhone 4 goes from 20% to 100% under one hour.
    2. Signal reception is surprisingly bad. There is that "intimate" place I go from time to time in the office... and I usually have to keep my iPhone 4 slightly higher to be able to have a 3G signal. The 9900 drops the signal completely and it takes a couple of seconds until it comes back, showing GPRS only. Even if I hold the 9900 a little bit higher (like I do with my iPhone 4), there is no 3G connection anymore in that location. Very disappointing, especially since my 9700 works just fine there and it is no secret that the iPhone 4 isn't necessarily the best regarding cell tower signal reception. Also my wife tried to reach me while I was sitting in this "place" but my phone didn't even ring, despite showing a weak signal and GPRS.
    3. WiFi signal reception also seems to be worse than on the iPhone 4 but this is no surprise, the iPhone 4 has a pretty good WiFi signal reception.
    4. Touch screen froze once but only for a couple of seconds, don't have a clue why.
    5. Otterbox Defender case protects the 9900 pretty well but it doesn't fit perfectly (the gummy always pops out and I have to "fix" it again, may take a while until it fits perfectly) and it makes the 9900 pretty bulky (I knew that before though).

Overall, I'm pleased with the build quality and the touch screen/touch operation of the 9900 but I'm highly disappointed with the battery life and signal reception.
    I'm not sure if this has something to do with the beta firmware I'm using but judging by the comments on the internet, there seem to be others with similar problems but different firmware versions.
    My carrier is Vodafone Germany.

RIM...you really are in trouble. Sorry to say that (again).
    Last edited by Rennteam; 08-31-11 at 09:28 AM.
    08-31-11 09:23 AM
    im jealous!! i want one sooooooo baaddd! if only verizon had released it before i paid tuition ((((((((((
    08-31-11 10:30 AM
    What a dilemma I had to do to get this blasted phone!!!

Woke up early at 8am, had to wait till 10am till the actual location opens up, tell the man I want my bold 9900. He smiles and says we only have two left, your upgrading? Now since I'm not on a contract with tmobile I still have my even more plan, $79.99 unlimited everything and uncapped data. After taxes its $90 monthly with the insurion insurances $100 every month. I like that! This rep in the store is going to tell me I HAVE to change my contract to get the device, if I buy it full price I wont get the 4G service among other things. Im like "you got to be kidding me!".
    After a quick phone call to customer service I find out he's bsing me, I relay what CS said and the manager comes out saying her computer doesnt allow full price sales I have to upgrade, have a nice day. I ask for the store location number, she refuses to give it to me and threatens to call the police. I take the store license # thats on every retail store on the wall and leave. Call CS again and fill a complaint, apparently it was an authorized retailer location without having that on the sign, the reps dont make any commission money off of just selling the price thats why they tried to force me to upgrade it. That situation handle I have to STILL FIND MY PHONE!
    The closest corporate location is 25 blocks away on 168st and jamaica ave, I take a bus rush right over. The sold out with device, everything nearby is authorized dealers I'll go through the same nonsense there as I did the previous location. The nearest corporate would be either forest hills or liberty ave on lefferts. I call the location they had 5 when they opened up and only have 1 left. I take a cab, VROOOOOM to the lefferts location with the quickness. I get there and the line is 7 people deep, various reasons not dealing with my phone. One person in front of me and SHE'S getting the phone last one left. Im in heartache, I stay there and hold out to see what happens. Come to find out she doesnt have enough money for the device and has to wait till her mom gets off of work, sales rep regrets to inform they can hold the bold for her and there I am to scoop it up for myself.
    Charging my brand new baby, silvia now and backing up all my information. Glad I got my device and the new pin:27FCA188 long day but i made it out alive, i'll just order it through tmobile and have em mail it next time.
    Last edited by CTthatdude; 08-31-11 at 01:15 PM. Reason: not finished
    xkalibur2k likes this.
    08-31-11 01:06 PM
730 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD