Please help-I have searched and haven't had much luck. I received my replacement 9930 today and I can't get the temperature icon on the homscreen. I have the paid version of Berryweather and I transferred the pin and all that, so I'm not sure what's going on. I also have that silly umbrella instead of an icon. I've tried everything I can think of. On my first 9930 it worked fine. I'm going crazy here!!!

The replacement still has the crazy scrolling and trackpad issue, so I'm not sure if I'm up to keeping this phone.

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-11 02:53 PM
    Please help-I have searched and haven't had much luck. I received my replacement 9930 today and I can't get the temperature icon on the homscreen. I have the paid version of Berryweather and I transferred the pin and all that, so I'm not sure what's going on. I also have that silly umbrella instead of an icon. I've tried everything I can think of. On my first 9930 it worked fine. I'm going crazy here!!!

The replacement still has the crazy scrolling and trackpad issue, so I'm not sure if I'm up to keeping this phone.

Thanks!

have you checked all the box in homescreen/notification icon on the berryweather options?
    08-26-11 03:28 PM
    ^^Everything is checked...don't know why it's doing this.
    08-26-11 04:19 PM
    Got my 9930 today. Wow. Absolutely love it. Perfect keyboard/touch screen combo for me.
    08-26-11 04:51 PM
    ^^Everything is checked...don't know why it's doing this.
    then maybe try battery pull? if it still not work, try to upgrade your OS to the newest leak, if it still brings nothing, then u probably have to exchange it (again...) with the new 9930... it seems most of 9930 got lots of probs comparing with the 9900 ones.
    08-26-11 05:00 PM
    So I got my 9930 from sprint yesterday. I was ironically off. And no this was not planned.

So I'm sitting around at home playing games and answering e-mails. Just trying to keep myself busy so the wait wasn't as horrid. Finally, I hear my dogs barking downstairs. Nothing seems to be able to sneak up to the house without them knowing. Not that this was a problem as I new this would be the UPS guy with my new phone.

So I get my new phone and happily open it up to hold my new device. But, once I picked up the phone I was rather shocked and almost scared. I couldn't believe how light the phone was. I remembered most phones were really light without the battery so I dug through the box to find the battery. I plugged in and once again I was shocked. It hardly added any weight. I was actually scared to hold the phone let alone use it. I was using an Iphone 4 before this and the weight difference was insanely different. I know alot of people like light phones but, I prefer them to have some heft to them so I know they're in my pocket and such. Still not used to how light this phone is.

I spend the next twenty minutes talking to sprint support to get my phone activated. It took probably about a good two hours before my phone was fully up and running. I used that time to play around with the phone and get it ready for use. I was pleased to see I could give custom ringtones to a contacts phone and text messages. This maybe a minor thing for many people but, this helps me know if I have to answer my phone right then and there or if it can wait until I'm free. Certain people whether they are friend, co-worker, or customer have higher priority for me so it's very useful for me. Setting up my e-mails and facebook were very straight forward. And so far they're working like clockwork. But, it's only been 24 hours since I've used the device.

Typing on the phone was very hard for me at first. I'm used to using a touchscreen phone as my last three devices were touchscreen. Blackberry Storm, Droid 1, and Iphone 4. But, the more I use the keyboard the better I get at it. I wish they had a more "clicky" feel to them as they somewhat between clicky and mushy. If that makes any sense. My speed is close to what it was on my Iphone 4 but, with far less mistakes. Which is why I wanted a full qwerty keyboard.

I've made only a few calls on the phone so far and I've been very happy I could hold the phone the way I want without worrying about signal drop or lose of voice quality. As of right now I'm pleased with the voice quality.

The touchscreen is responsive and works well for going the menus and selctions very well. Which seems to be a touchscreens strong point. The trackpad works well too but, I've found that scrolling through websites with it is not the best. Many have complained that the trackpad has a mind of it's own in the browser. I think they are wrong as I've noticed that the trackpad only seems to jump around when I hit the phones touchscreen. So the trackpad is too close to the touchscreen and causes problems with website navigation. This is a shame but, I've learned to be careful enough not to do it.

Overall, I'm happy with the phone so far. It has one heck of a learning curve but, the more I use it the more it feels natural. I'd like to do an actual review but, I'll wait a few weeks before I do so.
    08-26-11 06:20 PM
    I finally deleted the app and reloaded it. All is good now.
    08-26-11 07:39 PM
    After a week or so with my 9930 I'm still loving it. I took a picture of the 9930 running OS7 versus Ice Cream Sandwich.
    Last edited by kyopo; 08-26-11 at 09:36 PM.
    08-26-11 09:21 PM
    I picked mine up at the local Verizon store yesterday, to replace my 23-month old Tour 9630 (well, my 16-month old replacement for my 7-month old Tour when the trackball stopped working, a very straightforward and fast process to Verizon's credit). The Tour was my first smartphone, and with my needs (keyboard, access to work on my dime), the features and reviews for the Bold, it was worth it for me to stick with RIM, not have to learn how to use a brand new type of phone (and I appreciate the improvements of 7), avoid Apple and Google (two companies I admire but whose products I don't like nearly as much as others seem to, and not just phones), and risk the chance of any early bugs. I don't think they were selling many day one, but there was a sense of a little, slightly surprised appreciation for it from the salespeople, who stole many glances as the phone was set up.

So far, so good, though it takes me awhile to adjust and give a fair analysis. I should get a decent amount of time with the phone next week and when I travel over Labor Day. I'm also looking forward to visiting this forum and site a lot more than I have in the past, as i've learned with other equipment I own and for other interests fellow users are by far the best resource. Thanks for sharing.
    diffused likes this.
    08-26-11 11:01 PM
    This is by far the best BB ever released, in my opinion anyway.

Pros:
    Design and build (elegant and beautiful)
    speed (liquid fast and responsive)
    IMHO, the best qwerty ever created...
    phone call quality incl speakerphone (really good)
    battery life delivers a solid performance (all day with charge to spare)
    screen res is very sharp and bright (finally)
    video resolution is 720p (finally) and good quality

Cons:
    No hot swappable micro SD
    cam photos are OK, nothing special (video is much better)
    no front facing cam for video chat (hope QNX phones permit this)
    limited BB7 apps available....

Enjoy!
    08-27-11 12:15 AM
    The thinness is awesome
    08-27-11 12:17 AM
    congrats on your first post even though you registered since may.
    I had an 8130 a long time ago.... But I like to keep my digits on the pulse so to speak
    08-27-11 03:42 AM
    Got mine yesterday. I haven't stopped touching it yet. Fast, light, sleek, keyboard, nice camera and video. I love it.

The only downside is the app market is light. I think RIM should just partner with droid for app access and be done with it.
    08-27-11 10:22 AM
    So... I am considering between the 9930 and the Photon. Having come from the world of Palm/HP ... I am not too excited about going with either one of the above... but Sprint and the phone manufacturers aren't giving me a lot to choose from right now. I am considering a Windows phone... my old phone may hold together long enough to see the new Mango devices and then maybe that will win me over. So if you had to make a choice living with the 9930 and the Photon having experienced both now, What would you recommend to a new user? As a note: There is only three things I do with a phone: 1. Talk 2. Need phone to work with Yahoo mail, Gmail, and Hotmail. Email is highly important. 3. Need compatibility with Yahoo Chat, MSN Messenger, Facebook. My business requires heavily on email and social networking. I don't play games or watch movies on phones. Any help from anyone on my needs is greatly appreciated! (Sprint employees not helpful in this case... deer in headlights look.)
    08-27-11 01:50 PM
    Had it for a week now and I love it. I've always preferred T-Mobile Bold styling but this AT&T-style has grown on me. The screen is AMAZING. The touchscreen is iPhone quality. I've used almost every Blackberry since the 7290 across Verizon and T-Mobile and this is the best of the lot. Only downfall is already uncaught exception loops all the time.
    08-27-11 05:05 PM
    Just unboxing it now

I just noticed the bottom trim piece isn't on securely. Looks like I need to go back

Lol a day after I bought mine the shift key fell off thinkin bout swithin back to android if my next one has the same problems.

08-28-11 09:20 AM
    Mine is coming in on Tuesday. I got Verizon to replace my 9650 (which I've had 4 replacements of now) with it, can't wait! Verizon Customer Service is the best.
    08-28-11 01:04 PM
    Mine should be here this week, hopefully Thursday :-)

I was getting worried to order this product because of some of the bad reviews especially on the battery life, but I then realized that people come to forums to solve problems more than rave about their device.
    08-28-11 02:58 PM
  19. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I ve traveled to 10 countries with the bb9900 for business and so far its worked flawlessly everywhere!! ... absolutely loving it!!
    08-28-11 04:41 PM
    Mine is coming Tuesday, although there will be nobody here to take it so I'll pick it up Wednesday hopefully, really can't wait now.

Currently using a Nokia 3210 as I broke my 9700 screen last week. It's ****!
    08-28-11 05:35 PM
    Just picked mine up today...so far, so Great! Screen, keyboard, and overall feel of device make this a super device!
    08-28-11 06:16 PM
    Finally got mine. **** yeah
    08-28-11 07:30 PM
    Just got mine yesterday, couldn't wait for it to get here so had it shipped in from the UK and boy has it been worth d impatience......Love the keyboard considering i had the Bold 9000 before my 9780 and the fluidity of the screen just makes it all the more interesting. Just wish the keys were more silent when typing with less click sound.... Trying to get used to the touchscreen but i've still got a whole lots of time to play around......Good job RIM and thank Kevin for the review, most definitely helped make up my mind to leave my 9780 (which i loved so dearly)
    08-29-11 05:30 AM
    Got mine today yayyyyy 2 weeks after release lol.

Absolutely love it to bits, its so thin and light...really brings back the memories of my old but gold 9000 Bold.

Thank RIM for bringing back the daddy of the BB's but putting some beefed up hardware...what an awesome device.

Time to retire my 9780 to my missus and set up my 9900 for my use.
    08-29-11 10:20 AM
    Got mine on Friday after ordering on Verizon's website... Speechless. This phone is amazing.
    08-29-11 08:57 PM
730 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD