I am BACK... I was gone since March. I must admit I loved my iPhone4 with Verizon, but owning my own business with a big Insurance company I went without email, calendar and task for long enough. Sure there were some work arounds, but having one device with all my important data makes sense.

This is an amazing BB. My favorite since the AT&T Bold 9000.

I am BACK!
    Last edited by Bluehair62; 08-25-11 at 01:20 PM.
    orlandoroman likes this.
    08-25-11 01:14 PM
    I got mine yesterday! I love it!
    08-25-11 02:38 PM
    Hi Guys,

Got my 9900 from Vodafone UK this morning. Great service from them. Only ordered it the night before. Talk about service.

Came back to a blackberry after a not so great experience with the storm 1.
    All i can say is wow!!

The phone is amazing. Great build and very responsive. Synced my google account: email, contacts and calender without a hitch (i'd read a few stories and was a little afraid about that). Great call quality and very fast data download with the browser.

Easy to navigate and set up folders to clean up the homescreen and managed to install all the apps i need at present.

Have to say i am pretty impressed. Just waiting for wifi hotspot functionality if it ever comes through but apart from that no regrets so far.
    08-25-11 05:15 PM
    It came in today. It's having good times with my PlayBook right now. So far: awesome!

08-25-11 07:05 PM
    I've had mine for 1 week now and I love it!
    08-25-11 07:14 PM
    Where is my Best Buy Sprint Bold Touch???
    08-25-11 07:19 PM
    Question for everyone, what did you do first the device switch on blackberry desktop manager or activate it first on your provider's website?

I seem to always have this issue where my @sprint.blackberry.net email has an issue switching to the new device, lets say my login information from sprint.blackberry.com the rep i get on the phone sometimes can't just do a device switch
    08-25-11 07:56 PM
    Finally got mine in the mail today from Sprint. Holy mother of pearl, what a cool device! None of the reviews do the keyboard justice. It is simply magnificent. Bravo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-11 08:14 PM
    The Things I love about my 9930. The keyboard, the larger screen and its improved clarity along with touch. The major stuff the processor and build. The Pristine looks and contouring. The browser has checkerboarded on me a couple of times but nothing near what the 9780 I previously owned Used to. Especially in the maps (google or blackberry). I hate non autofocus cameras; since I lost that functionality I feel like I'm using my 8350i to take pictures again. Way too grainy!!!!!!!!! I have been getting pretty good battery life since the third charge or so. I guess the battery had to wind up to achieve peak performance. I cut bluetooth wifi(I have Sprint; no real need for wifi) nfc and location based functions off and stay on the web or UTube, yahoo I M and things like that. Right now its 10:11 and by 10:24 it will have officially been Ten hours since I removed this baby from its charger! I think that's pretty good considering I haven't been able to put it down for more than 5 minutes without ******* with it ! =)) I'm writing this from the 9930 right now! SUPER KEYBOARD!!!!!!!! I wish that they trimmed the battery door with that lil rubbery stuff to help with the slipperiness. I liked the lil leather or leatherette of the 9780. It was anti-slip; not bad looking either. I like this doors mechanics better. I also hate that the app developers like the Jared Co have fallen down on the job as far as crossing app credit from the lower Os to the higher. I don't feel I should have to buy my full flashlight app all over again if I want it. No Pandora or EBay either or DatPiff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was also Praying for VEVO but, no VEVO................. I love My 9930!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Need my old apps back plus some great new ones like Wikitude! Awesome!! I wish it had hspa+ on Sprint like it is said to have with AT&TMobile. Oh well 9/10!!!

Last edited by J_R_TheMotorMan; 08-25-11 at 10:27 PM.
    08-25-11 09:33 PM
    finally this monster arrived to my country Malaysia just get my 9900 last nite..this monster totally awesome..still exploring this device..keypad n touch screen awesome..smooth n nice..os 7 faster..only mobile hotspot not avaible for this time..
    hope rim can make this update fast! really need mobile hostpot function
    08-25-11 10:00 PM
    Mine's arrived Down Under. Beautiful device. Very much enjoying setting it up.
    08-25-11 10:58 PM
    Just got mine yesterday.... I have to return it though because there is an imperfection on the body and as much as this phone cost... It's getting replaced. But besides that I'm noticing some smoothness issues when opening and closing some apps. My notifications don't always work either. I will notice the LED flashing while the phone is in my shirt pocket and there was no audible sound. Either way the one I have now is getting replaced but even with those minor imperfections, should they remain post switch, it is still my new favorite device. I was previously on an android and I only went there because I wanted a touch screen and all the apps were very attractive but after a year on it I realized that, although it is a fun device, I needed my workhorse back. I missed all the communicating perks that come with a BB not to mention the keyboard (don't need to say it do I?) and if there is one thing that BB has over android, with all it fragmented phones that come out the day after you buy the "latest" device, is that it is an awesome phone! Last time I checked we don't call them PDAs or Palm what ever, we call them smart PHONES. I liked my android, or as I call it "the mind suck", but I need a phone that does what a phone is supposed to do, and then some, but communicating should be the main function of the device.

Sorry, got a little caught up.... Having some concernes about the battery but as I have said this one will be going back so most of this might be moot any way...
    It is good to be back though!
    08-25-11 11:14 PM
    Just got mine yesterday.... I have to return it though because there is an imperfection on the body and as much as this phone cost... It's getting replaced. But besides that I'm noticing some smoothness issues when opening and closing some apps. My notifications don't always work either. I will notice the LED flashing while the phone is in my shirt pocket and there was no audible sound. Either way the one I have now is getting replaced but even with those minor imperfections, should they remain post switch, it is still my new favorite device. I was previously on an android and I only went there because I wanted a touch screen and all the apps were very attractive but after a year on it I realized that, although it is a fun device, I needed my workhorse back. I missed all the communicating perks that come with a BB not to mention the keyboard (don't need to say it do I?) and if there is one thing that BB has over android, with all it fragmented phones that come out the day after you buy the "latest" device, is that it is an awesome phone! Last time I checked we don't call them PDAs or Palm what ever, we call them smart PHONES. I liked my android, or as I call it "the mind suck", but I need a phone that does what a phone is supposed to do, and then some, but communicating should be the main function of the device.

Sorry, got a little caught up.... Having some concernes about the battery but as I have said this one will be going back so most of this might be moot any way...
    It is good to be back though!
    congrats on your first post even though you registered since may.
    08-26-11 01:24 AM
    Tonight I got two of the T-Mobile 9900's. So far so good. Fast, snappy and feels so good to have the 9000 sized Bold back in hand again.

Touch is great, 4G is fast and the overall device speed is crisp and fast.

I got two. One for me and one for sale. PM if interested.
    08-26-11 02:52 AM
    The build and design is all quality with this device. I really like the aluminum that goes all around. This thing is "all business" and quite elegant don't you think? After 2 full days I would my experience is very good.
    The screen resolution has been improved significantly (finally)!
    Voice and call quality I believe is the best among any smartphone out there (if not the best). Finally a speakerphone that is just superb! (Android and iPhone really suck here).
    I just hope we see more and more apps dev for BB7. I notice some of my favs are missing.
    cheers,
    08-26-11 07:42 AM
    finally got mine from handtec uk this morning. its hungary 2 with .296, got no problems at all. i only move my mails and contact, so i didnt encounter any probs with the software. its my main phone now, gonna sell my iphone4 this weekend and use it to buy ipad3 later.
    08-26-11 09:04 AM
    Got mine last night - LOVE IT
    Time to update my signature
    08-26-11 09:41 AM
    I was gonna wait for the prices to go down when school starts since there's probably going to be a sale of some sort but my gf got it for me as a gift! i love my new phone! *bbm dancing face*
    08-26-11 10:28 AM
    Got my verizon 9930 last night, they were just released here in new york. I absolutely love it. The only problem I have with it is the trackpad seems a little buggy and unresponsive. My thumb also constantly hits the bottom of the touchscreen when I try to move with the trackpad but I'm sure I'll get over it. I can't believe how light and satisfying it feels in my hand!

And don't even get me started on the keyboard. This is ridiculously comfortable and easy.

08-26-11 11:10 AM
    I got mine yesterday when it was released at our local Verizon. So far so good.
    08-26-11 11:13 AM
    In the words of Diana Ross, I'm still waiting. Hopefully Tuesday, as Monday is a holiday here.
    08-26-11 11:41 AM
    Just made my switch from an iPhone 4 to the Bold 9900 yesterday ...and it's amazing ...so far so good I am loving it.
    Bluehair62 likes this.
    08-26-11 11:42 AM
    i ordered mine through sprint an it finally came yesterday. i went to activate it and certain keys did not work on the phone. pulled the battery a couple of times and the keys still didnt work. took it to the sprint store and they exchanged it for a brand new one. i get that one home and the screen starts coming loose. i was thinking youve got to be kidding me. when does this ever happen. so i took that one back today and they were shocked. i mean what are the odds. so i finally have one where the keys are working and the screen is intact. now that i can enjoy the device im satisfied with it. everything about it works for me. now just looking for a good case
    08-26-11 01:47 PM
    Just made my switch from an iPhone 4 to the Bold 9900 yesterday ...and it's amazing ...so far so good I am loving it.
    I made the same switch and I am mostly happy thus far. The upload limits and download limitations of email/MMS are still annoying though.
    08-26-11 02:35 PM
    i ordered mine through sprint an it finally came yesterday. i went to activate it and certain keys did not work on the phone. pulled the battery a couple of times and the keys still didnt work. took it to the sprint store and they exchanged it for a brand new one. i get that one home and the screen starts coming loose. i was thinking youve got to be kidding me. when does this ever happen. so i took that one back today and they were shocked. i mean what are the odds. so i finally have one where the keys are working and the screen is intact. now that i can enjoy the device im satisfied with it. everything about it works for me. now just looking for a good case
    the OEM soft shell case works superb.
    08-26-11 02:36 PM
730 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD