Another OH person waiting for their 9930...tomorrow is my date as well. I agree they let things sit around...come on.
    I'm in Ohio, and I just ordered mine today. Last week I upgraded from a BB Tour to the Samsung Charge. Hated it!! Too much crap on that phone that I don't need, and don't need 4G. I love my Blackberry, except for the trackball that doesn't work very well anymore... even with frequent cleaning.

Anyway, My BB 9930 will be a day behind yours. I was just looking on my receipt from the store, and they're no order #, and I can't track it. Hope to get it Wednesday!! Just hope I'm here to sign for it, and don't get called into work
    08-22-11 03:15 PM
    I got my 9930 yesterday from a Sprint store. Sure I paid $249 for it, but that's also because I'm not the most patient guy to wait for it in the mail. I'm loving it!! OS 7 runs so smooth on it and it feels really good typing on the keyboard. It's only been 27 hours since I walked out the store and I keep messing with it, wanting to learn more (coming from OS 5).

Bold 9930 & PlayBook - Perfect together!
    08-22-11 03:28 PM
    Wow. Finally, we got our Bold 9930s from Sprint. What a beauty. The camera, which much has been written about, is just fine. I love the pictures and what is more important, it takes the pictures very, very fast. My kids are 95% of my pictures and they are constantly moving so I love how fast it works.
    Love the feel, display, look and naturally the keyboard. Wow. We could not get any from corporate and we so we went to the first Sprint store and they were sold out, went to the second store and got the last four. Wheew!

People are entitled to their opinion and I've read some criticism of this device but I sure love it.
    The old goodies are there but also it is super fast! NFC, World Phone, back up to SD card, great UI. In my view this if my dream phone!
    08-22-11 03:50 PM
    I'm in Ohio, and I just ordered mine today. Last week I upgraded from a BB Tour to the Samsung Charge. Hated it!! Too much crap on that phone that I don't need, and don't need 4G. I love my Blackberry, except for the trackball that doesn't work very well anymore... even with frequent cleaning.

Anyway, My BB 9930 will be a day behind yours. I was just looking on my receipt from the store, and they're no order #, and I can't track it. Hope to get it Wednesday!! Just hope I'm here to sign for it, and don't get called into work
    Search for a FedEx release form and tape it to your door (if you feel safe leaving stuff at your door) and they will leave it.
    08-22-11 04:05 PM
    Just got a new 9930 this afternoon. So far, so good! I come from 3 years with a Storm2.

I was able to do a Data RESTORE to this device from my Storm2 backup via the DM with '0' problems. All went through quicklly and easily.
    BACK UP! Cannot say this enough...BACK UP...as often as you can.

Pros:
    Good screen quality
    Slim & Lightweight
    Fast processor
    Nice Touch Screen...very intuitive
    Easy to set-up
    Easy to type on
    NO SIDE KEY on the LEFT SIDE
    I'm a rightie and never liked the Left accessory key placement.
    Sorry, lefties. (my wife is a lefty)
    Holster is excellent. Slim & smart looking. TYpically don't wear one but when its needed, this one will do nicely.
    Boots faster than the Storm2
    I do not miss the clicking screen of the Storm2

CONS:
    -As a Rightie, this phone is wider than the Storm2 so I cannot one-hand dial. The numbers are on the left side. Here I definitely miss the screen-keyboard. I'll get over it.
    -All (3) of my email accounts have the same icon with NO DESIGNATIONS to tell them apart. My Storm2 showed the acct name with the Icon. If you know how to change this please let me know. I have not found it yet. This I will NOT get over. Must find a remedy to label those email icons. In the end, I may have to use a Sharpie and Draw the names on the screen.
    -I have NOT been able to turn my TELEPHONE KEYPAD SOUNDS OFF without muting the whole device. Very annoying. I know I'm dialing when I'm dialing. Key sound is not really necesary. Maybe if I were 6 years old, but now, at 10 years old, it's really annoying.
    -Web browser is about the same speed as the storm 2.
    -I didn't know that it does not come with a built in SD card. I took the card from my Storm and put it in the 9930 (remove battery and slip it into the slot at the top/center of the battery compartment). It is showing that there is no media card present. Not sure what to make of this yet. Support is ON. Reloaded card. May have to call TECH Support for this.

Overall...very pleased.
    sallenthornton likes this.
    08-22-11 04:13 PM
    I've found the battery life got much better after a couple of charge cycles. I now go the whole day of heavy use and have over 30% left at the end of the night.
    Can you tell us what you mean with heavy use? What's app currently running? Email? FB? Twitter? BBM? SMS? Phone Call?
    08-22-11 05:58 PM
    Bold 9900 is my First BlackBerry, and so far away I am satisfied with it.. That little notes about Bold 9900 or mostly on BlackBerry I still can't find how to configure alerts (Sound and Tacticle)

Example setting alert for SMS, setting alert for BBM, setting alert for FB, setting alert for Twitter and many more. Any guide about it?
    08-22-11 06:02 PM
    got my new BB 9930!!!!!! verrry excited, nice upgrade from my "cough" "cough" storm 2 but went to load up apps I bought and they are not supported!!!! does anyone know how long it will be till i can get them again?

i.e Be Buzz, urbanspoon, weatherbug
    Last edited by theterrell12; 08-22-11 at 06:17 PM.
    08-22-11 06:14 PM
    I just picked up my 9930 from Sprint earlier today! Awesome, awesome device, so far no bad things to say about it. NFC was active on my phone too, LOL. Way to stick it to Verizon!
    08-22-11 06:34 PM
    Bold 9900 is my First BlackBerry, and so far away I am satisfied with it.. That little notes about Bold 9900 or mostly on BlackBerry I still can't find how to configure alerts (Sound and Tacticle)

Example setting alert for SMS, setting alert for BBM, setting alert for FB, setting alert for Twitter and many more. Any guide about it?
    Click the sound icon and follow directions here:
    Change your ring tone, notifiers, or reminders - BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 Smartphones - User Guide - BlackBerry Bold Series - 7.0
    sirluke7 likes this.
    08-22-11 06:36 PM
    Search for a FedEx release form and tape it to your door (if you feel safe leaving stuff at your door) and they will leave it.
    Thanks for the tip! I'll have to do that... get it all filled out just in case, then I can stick it to the door if I have to leave.

I've already ordered a silicone case, and a shell/holster combo. So psyched... can't stand it!
    08-22-11 10:42 PM
    I had an upgrade from Bell waiting for a few months now. I was going to get the 9780 but I decided to wait for a new phone to come out. I've never had a "new" phone before, I've always bought phones right before a new model came out. Defiantly happy with my purchase!
    08-22-11 11:04 PM
    Just picked up my new 9900 on Telus over the weekend!

Couldn't be happier! It's like CrackBerry Kevin says... it's like they made this phone just for me. It's everything I ever wanted and more. I love it more than my own family.
    08-22-11 11:38 PM
    first time blackberry user migrating from iphone... well I was waiting for the 9900 before switching so what can I can say? well its different so trying to compare it to the iphone is IMHO not right. What i like about it is that over here its got the best roaming data package this my main reason for switching, as I travel a lot. Ease of use well at first takes a while but I'm getting there. Its thin and light good camera. My main wish if things like the Contacts / address book could be edited/ played with via the desktop software. Single most time consuming PITA is doing up the contacts the way I want. Other than that I like it.
    08-23-11 02:06 AM
    I just got my 990 at a bell store in Toronto. Apparently they were going to launch on the 14th but have done so early. They said they were selling the torch as well. Price was $169 for a 3 year contract - way better than rogers!
    Rogers is 149 on a three year term you dummass
    08-23-11 05:36 AM
    Got mine yesterday from Verizon. I am migrating from a Storm 2 and I must say that the new phone is a joy to hold and behold, especially in comparison to the Storm 2.
    08-23-11 06:57 AM
    Mine is on the FedEx truck for delivery today after sitting in the local facility for over 24hrs!!!
    08-23-11 08:48 AM
    Got my 9900 with Rogers about a week ago !! Works like a charm . Those who complain about the battery well get an iPhone 4 and compare , it's not any worse then an iPhone . My battery is not all that bad , with the lighter plug maybe around 3pm or so I have no problems.
    This phone is awesome !! Very fast and love the touch screen with keyboard to text !

I recommend this to every BB lover out there
    08-23-11 09:12 AM
    Mine is on the FedEx truck for delivery today after sitting in the local facility for over 24hrs!!!
    Congrats... finally!!! After 20 hours from ordering, mine is still sitting in Tennessee. They had better pick up the pace for delivery tomorrow!!
    08-23-11 09:26 AM
    Had to send mine back, sadly. All seemed fine after the initial boot, with the device prompting me to enter my BB ID. After I used the Device Switch tool in Desktop Manager, however, the ID or something got corrupted and App World would no longer work (got the "Please Wait..." when accessing My World or trying to download an app.)

Spent 4 hours on phone with VZW and RIM combined only to discover that there's no resolution for the issue yet and no one seems to have any means to allow me to re-load the OS due to its newness. The 9930 software is not yet on Verizon's site, there's no previous image to roll back to, and even the local store has no way to do it.

All that considered, Customer Care allowed me to return it and I've reactivated my Storm2. Considering I have all my apps back it's not too traumatic.

My summation of my 9930 experience: Fantastic keyboard, fast and responsive software, visually stunning, feels good in hand. I didn't take many pictures or video, but what I did take was fine.

Screen size coming from the 9550 was an adjustment, and some things were smaller than I'd prefer, but overall a fair trade off for the reliability and shortcuts of the kb.

The only thing I found less than pleasant about the device was the strip for the trackpad and buttons. On my device it was raised slightly higher than the glass of the screen, and I did not like the rough feeling of my thumb scraping across that strip on downward swipes. I would prefer it be one piece with the screen, or at least set lower to avoid scraping it.

While it was exciting to get this brand new device, I'm afraid it's a bit too new for me since the carrier can't fully support it yet. I look forward to coming back to this or the 9850 in the near future. Until then, my trusty Storm2 will continue to get the job done.
    08-23-11 09:34 AM
    It's here! Came about 20 min ago!! Got it fired up, email set up, BB ID issue fixed. This thing is awesome!
    08-23-11 10:16 AM
    Does anyone know of a Future Shop in Toronto selling the 9900 off contract?
    I have a gift card and really want to grab one but apparently they won't sell me one..
    They claim "the phone is too new" and the only way they can sell me one is if I sign a contract..
    08-23-11 10:59 AM
    Hello , new to crackberry

got my 9900 day 1. one of the first in Montreal - my first ever blackberry, love it..
    08-23-11 11:56 AM
    To Panther. Mayb you should have hold onto it for a day or 2. I received mine last Thursday. Activate, switch devices, no problem, was working like a charm that Thurs. Then morning of Fri it started to get this BB Id error. Very frustated day. CB forums had suggestions, but I did not had time to do it Fri afternoon or evening - waiting for Sat. Then Fri evening it disappeared - have no idea why. Since then, no issues what so ever. BB Id problem solved itself. (I will tell you I was in another city the Fri evening and I also did a battery pull - so maybe different cell tower fixed it???)
    Last edited by rcm1301; 08-23-11 at 12:04 PM.
    08-23-11 12:01 PM
    I got my 9930 this morning from vz because my order got messed up so I was told to go and get one from the store. They had about 50 in the store to choose from, and the best part was I got a discount! They gave me a 25% discount.
    08-23-11 12:07 PM
730 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD