i love it but i hate the battery life its very poor for its power #ifeelletdownbybb
    08-21-11 04:00 PM
    Went to the Sprint store in West Chester, PA and finally got my Bold 9930. Paid $249 plus tax . Really a nice device, love it!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-11 05:55 PM
    Just picked mine up from the verizon store, didn't have em on display and had to ask...went in hesitant cuz of the price tag but when I held the demo...holy ****!!! I had to have it and plopped down my credit card a few mins later. This is THE phone of my dreams. Stoked!!!
    08-21-11 05:58 PM
    Got my 9930 today at the local Sprint store. My poor Curve 8530 was on it's last breath. So far, I'm really liking this phone. Only thing I don't like so far is the browser. No improvements in several years is frustrating!!!

08-21-11 06:05 PM
    Just picked up my 9930 for Sprint. My Trusty Tour is finally in Retirement. Love the phone, couldn't have made a better choice.

08-21-11 07:53 PM
    Yay, I got mine from my VZ Store today, 250, but it was well worth it, they keyboard is super awesome! And I'm glad I'm back with Verizon.
    08-21-11 08:28 PM
    Guys, no one has answered the burning question in my mind. Battery. People have discussed discharge rates, etc., but I need hard facts. Can this thing last through a full working day - 8 hours - with moderate use, without needing to be charged? This is the decider for me; when I am in court I have absolutely no access to a power source. 2 weeks ago, my 9650 froze, and I switched to the Motorola Photon 4g - a Droid. Experience has been an eye-opener, but I will swap for the 9930 if the battery life is solid. Everyone, please chime in.
    Should be better than a Droid. I'm off the charger 7AM and I went till 11PM before I saw the orange bar for low battery. I am a heavy user in AM and PM (midday I'm on my laptop). My 9650 lasted about the same but this device has more horsepower. I also travel extensively - I was off the charger at 5AM in FL today and am still going strong in UT w/ 2 bars left at 8PM local. Obviously we all have differnt demands on juice. I was surprised it was at least equivalent to prior berries.
    08-21-11 08:49 PM
    I'm so late. I got my 9930 this afternoon and was too excited to post something in the forums. I luv kevin and the crew here at Crackberry, their review was an understatement! This device is awesome the thinnest, sleekness, and the speed is off the charts. RIM did a great job. Also, I'm writing and sending this post on the 9930; Crackberry addicts you have to grab one!!!!! Right Now!

08-21-11 08:50 PM
    I've had my 9930 for five days now. I've been so busy using it, I haven't had time to post until today. Just like so many other on this forum, I am very impressed with what RIM has done with this phone. Enough people have posted why this phone so great so I'll just say, I thoroughly recommend getting one if you are still on the fence!

08-21-11 09:18 PM
    I got mine yesterday and I've had to change my pants due to my excitement a few times. Also the battery was at about 40% when I got it and 3 hours later it was drained, so I was like "Wow the battery does suck". However, I left it charging for a solid night and now it's lasted me the whole day and it's at 55% so the battery life is more than satisfactory.
    08-21-11 10:38 PM
    Went to carphone warehouse uk to buy an android phone as im bored with bb, but they just happened to have 1 9900 in stock, and couldnt beleive how it looked, felt etc. Compared to the abismal torch ive use for the last year.
    So i came out of the store with a new phone and contract.
    I suspect the battery life will be a bit of an annoyance, but truth is that rarely am i away from a charging source.
    Other than that this may just be the best phone ive ever owned.
    08-22-11 03:55 AM
    Got mine on Friday!

Carphone Warehouse had let me down too many times so I went back to Vodafone to get this amazing phone free on contract. The store manager also then proceeded to transfer all the data from my Curve 8900 on to my new 9900 so have just spent the weekend customising it.

Made in Hungary 2. Hardware (build & non-carrier branded) and software (came with the latest update) both look flawless

Best phone I have ever owned!
    08-22-11 05:46 AM
    Just to keep things a little more organized. Post up your stories, first impressions, unboxing pics here!

Tell us what you like about the device and what you dont like....
    I have replaced my iphone 4 for the blackberry bold 9900.

I love the solid feel of the device, the much missed qwerty keypad and the very responsive (and accurate) touch screen.

But......of the apps I had on my iphone 4 many of them were unused but there were a few essential apps which cannot for some reason be downloaded onto my new BB 9900/os 7 device - ebay, linkedin, sky etc!!!

Someone tell me why I can't download these apps?!??

08-22-11 07:50 AM
    I have replaced my iphone 4 for the blackberry bold 9900.

I love the solid feel of the device, the much missed qwerty keypad and the very responsive (and accurate) touch screen.

But......of the apps I had on my iphone 4 many of them were unused but there were a few essential apps which cannot for some reason be downloaded onto my new BB 9900/os 7 device - ebay, linkedin, sky etc!!!

Someone tell me why I can't download these apps?!??

Since it is a new OS (OS7) you will have to be patient as developers make those app available.
    08-22-11 11:23 AM
    Picked my Sprint Bold 9930 up yesterday morning at the BlackBerry Store, got it activated and ran thru the device for no glitchs, bought a nice soft palstic skin for it, and have been happily playing with it all day yesterday and today...in the brother/sister hood of the BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930...yeah!
    08-22-11 12:04 PM
    I've found the battery life got much better after a couple of charge cycles. I now go the whole day of heavy use and have over 30% left at the end of the night.
    08-22-11 12:16 PM
    Mine is sitting at the local Fed Ex facility! Been there since early this am. Since it's not due to be delivered until tomorrow, it won't go out on the truck until then. Seems silly to let it sit in the warehouse for a day. If UPS were delivering, it would be here by now! They don't let things sit in their warehouse. Once it comes in, it goes right out to be delivered. Wish Fed Ex did that!
    08-22-11 12:16 PM
    Mine is sitting at the local Fed Ex facility! Been there since early this am. Since it's not due to be delivered until tomorrow, it won't go out on the truck until then. Seems silly to let it sit in the warehouse for a day. If UPS were delivering, it would be here by now! They don't let things sit in their warehouse. Once it comes in, it goes right out to be delivered. Wish Fed Ex did that!
    Another OH person waiting for their 9930...tomorrow is my date as well. I agree they let things sit around...come on.
    08-22-11 12:35 PM
    Just got my 9900 today from O2 (UK). Had to wait a bit though - ordered it on Friday and paid for guaranteed delivery before 12 on Saturday. 12 came and went, so I called O2 who told me that they hadn't dispatched it and that I would now get it on 'either Monday or Tuesday'! Anyway, it arrived today!!!

My first BlackBerry and, having moved from an iPhone via a bought (and returned) Samsung Galaxy S2, I have to say that I'm blown away by how good the BB is.
    08-22-11 12:47 PM
    Picked up my O2 (UK) 9900 today from the an O2 store, am upgrading from a 9780. Am really happy with it except every time I boot it up I get Uncaught exception:java.lang.NullPointerException come up on the screen. Doesn't seem to affect anything (that I have found yet) but quite annoying!
    08-22-11 12:54 PM
    Its good that you feel that way and you are very lucky that as a first time BB user, your first BB is the best BB ever.

08-22-11 01:02 PM
    got it today, and love it! best berry EVER!
    08-22-11 01:53 PM
    Posted this in the 9900/9930 device discussion so I'm reposting it here because I didn't see the sticky...anyway...

This is the first Blackberry I've bought that I feel totally satisfied about. The speed is outstanding...camera is beyond "ok"...yes my 9650 may have taken "better" photos but my 9650 was slow, didnt have HD video recording, and didnt have a touchscreen, so the trade off is ok with me. Just like everyone stated before, the keyboard is AMAZING and the phone itself feels great in the hand.

AND for my fellow Sprint subscribers, who's happy about Sprint finally ditching the "1XEV" for the "3G" in the corner of the screen!?!?! I hadn't previously read that Sprint had done this until I picked it up today, so that was a great surprise!!

Forgive me for the "lovefest" but I have read so much negative about the 9930/9900 that I really wanted to spread a little positivity about this device. It's an outstanding device, reliable blackberry email, speed, hd video, touchscreen, iconic comfortable blackberry keyboard...I'm in L O V E! That is all...lol...
    08-22-11 02:25 PM
    I gots my 9930~, I gots my 9930, Oh yeah, aw right <("<) (>")> (^"^) (v"v)

It took -forever- getting here. Stupid FEdex.
    08-22-11 02:40 PM
    I got my new bold 9930 today from a local Sprint store. I'm very happy with it so far(coming from an evo). I would also like to add that the Sprint store I went to was very helpful, I was able to get the online price in the store and walked out with a new bold.

08-22-11 02:45 PM
730 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD