From battery insert to Verizon splash screen in under a minute! \o/

I'm coming from the Storm2 so I haven't even had OS 6 to ease the transition. Just played with it a bit setting up Bold 9650s and Curves for other folks. This will also be my first real experience with the vaunted BB keyboard since I started with the Pearl 8130 and went from there to the Storm line.

Color me excited!

(and I may still give the 9850 a run when it's released... but if I get a PlayBook I figure that will be all the touch screen goodness I need)
    08-17-11 09:32 AM
    Got mine from Verizon yesterday around 2:00 had everything activated and transfered at 3:15. One word is awesome not three word awesome awesome awesome. Coming from 9650 (hour glass city) this phone is like something from outer space. the touch screen and speed is what sets this appart from anything from Rim period. I have the usual early adoption issues as my beloved ewallet is not compatible yet
    08-17-11 09:40 AM
    Got mine from Verizon yesterday around 2:00 had everything activated and transfered at 3:15. One word is awesome not three word awesome awesome awesome. Coming from 9650 (hour glass city) this phone is like something from outer space. the touch screen and speed is what sets this appart from anything from Rim period. I have the usual early adoption issues as my beloved ewallet is not compatible yet
    Looks like they have a pre release version that now works for the time being. they will release a final build later on.
    08-17-11 10:08 AM
    got mine from VZW as well...is anyone having battery drain issues?
    08-17-11 11:58 AM
    From battery insert to Verizon splash screen in under a minute! \o/

I'm coming from the Storm2 so I haven't even had OS 6 to ease the transition. Just played with it a bit setting up Bold 9650s and Curves for other folks. This will also be my first real experience with the vaunted BB keyboard since I started with the Pearl 8130 and went from there to the Storm line.

Color me excited!

(and I may still give the 9850 a run when it's released... but if I get a PlayBook I figure that will be all the touch screen goodness I need)
    Yeah i am also coming from the Storm2... same boat, I might try the 9850 if released too. I am VERY glad to hear you like the keyboard/touch screen on the 9930, that was one of my biggest worries is that coming from full touch screen to 50/50 would be a killer.
    08-17-11 11:58 AM
    i got mine delivered yesterday from Vodafone UK, very impressed, solidly built phone, keyboard is alot better than i expected. i find the battery is draining in comparison to my old 9700.
    08-17-11 12:01 PM
    just picked up my 9900 today and needless to say i'm more than happy with it so far ... was on the fence for either the Bold or the Torch .... happy i went with the Bold
    08-17-11 12:12 PM
    No, I don't have a 99XX (can't afford to upgrade right now) so I probably shouldn't be clogging up this thread, but I didn't want to start a new one. But I do have something on my mind. I did have my doubts that this launch, and the launch of all the OS7-running Torches would go smoothly. I had figured that there would be a weeks to months long delay and we wouldn't be seeing these devices until at least September. I figured chaos would ensue. So, this is my official "I stand corrected" statement. I was wrong. I was envisioning this being worse than the Torch launch, and it is surprising great. It appears the launch in the Canadian market is actually ahead of schedule and that carriers in the U.S and around the world are due to carry the OS & devices in quick succession. I'm very impressed. I really hope everyone who wants to can get these OS 7 devices in a reasonable amount of time from their carriers. Way to go RIM and the carriers! Good luck, CB!
    I really agree with You...

- Harga Blackberry -
    08-17-11 12:14 PM
    Got mine on 12th ..

a big upgrade from 8900 but not much different from os 6..

overall .. satisfied..
    08-17-11 12:32 PM
    Yeah i am also coming from the Storm2... same boat, I might try the 9850 if released too. I am VERY glad to hear you like the keyboard/touch screen on the 9930, that was one of my biggest worries is that coming from full touch screen to 50/50 would be a killer.
    Still really just getting started with it, but from just what I've done so far I can say that the keyboard is everything it has been made out to be. With just a little practice I expect to be able to fly on it. And the screen is so gorgeous that it makes it a little easier to take losing the real estate.

Plus, ordering online with upgrade eligibility and a NE2 discount I got it for $150.
    08-17-11 12:39 PM
    bestblackberryieverowned.
    08-17-11 12:45 PM
    Just un-boxed and charging. It feels so awesome. Wow. I can hardly believe how easy the keyboard is to type on.

[Edit] Got everything moved over. This thing is flipping sweet. Already feels like second nature when using it. It's funny when you combine the keyboard with being able to touch your thumb to the screen, you get the best navigation options ever.
    Last edited by southlander; 08-17-11 at 04:03 PM.
    08-17-11 12:49 PM
    A day late but I picked up my Bold yesterday! Had to search a bit around town as many places were sold out but so far so good

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-11 01:02 PM
    My Bold 9930 came yesterday. I didn't activate until this morning and I have not had a lot of time to play with it, but so far I am loving the keyboard. The touch screen seems great, but I have not had much time with it. I feel like I am back home again after leaving for Android and then the iPhone. Can't wait to start setting everything up tonight.
    08-17-11 01:32 PM
    i cant wait to lay my hands on the new 9900. mine is arriving on saturday and it already looks like forever....
    08-17-11 02:04 PM
    My VzW-BB BTxx30 arrived yesterday (Tue 8.16).
    As an aside, the packaging is a FDX box, not VzW, so it looks like they're boxed up at a regional FDX site and then distributed. I'm in SE PA, so my Ground shipping originated in West Chester PA and delivered to my home some 20 miles away, received a day after shipping.
    Anyway, I'm just getting around to activating, and since it already comes with 50% charge I decided to do a full-charge prior to putzing round with this feels-so-good device. B-I-G step up from my beloved 9630 Tour.
    O, by the way, my VZW packaging came with 0 (as in 'nada', none, not one) set of 'Getting Started' instructions, and the like; just the Packing Slips & a brochure for Asurion, though the phone does say it needs to be activated. "Doh!" is likely what I'm assuming the Apple-device user packer is saying. Good thing I'm a Berry-man from waaaaaaaay back.
    Have fun folks.
    Last edited by gortfulcanelli; 08-17-11 at 02:30 PM.
    08-17-11 02:25 PM
    Mine came in yesterday, the bottom part below the keys came popped out, popped it in, sorta chipped, so got new one via fedex earlier today. gotta set it up when i get home.. using defective one now, so far i love it. except the bat life wish it was better. can't wait to get home and set up the new one.
    08-17-11 03:40 PM
    Just ordered my 9930. Can't wait for friday!
    08-17-11 04:28 PM
    I have headphones in mine...it was in the higher box with the documentation.
    Thanks Found it.
    It's weird. This new/replacement one is packaged slightly different that the first one I picked up. The headphones were in the lower box with the charger on my first 9900.

Now I'm back to restoring and getting the new one up to speed. All I can say is once you experience the touch screen, you can never go back to just using the trackpad
    08-17-11 06:17 PM
    got mine today....I LOVE IT!
    08-17-11 06:18 PM
    Aug 17, 2011 1:29 PM On FedEx vehicle for delivery LIHUE, HI

A day ahead of schedule...yesss!!!! Will have it in my hands in a couple of hours!!
    08-17-11 06:47 PM
    Just got mine from Verizon earlier today. Used Blackberry Protect to set up all the stuff like I had it before. I really like the keyboard and the touchscreen works like I expected it to. The fact that it's wider than my 9650 is going to take some getting used to. Now, the waiting for all the apps to get updated for os 7.
    08-17-11 07:33 PM
    should I use blackberry desktop for my 9930? im not sure of the best way to maintain the phone
    08-17-11 08:45 PM
    Got my 9930 in the mail today - after a bit of a contacts transferring snafu (lesson learned, don't go to the Verizon store for anything you can do yourself, even if they DO really badly want to see your shiny new "yet to be released in stores" device) everything is going well.

All of my previous apps ported over fine, minus a PNC Bank app that has been rendered useless by the much more functional web browsing experience of OS7.

A bit bummed on the seemingly quick battery drain, but really compared to my old Tour this thing is amazing. Other than battery life, no complaints so far!
    08-17-11 11:22 PM
    Hello, got my beloved bold 9900. My husband is having a b--ch fit. He has a iphone and Antroid.
    I went on Ebay, got my bold from USA seller unlocked, Rogers.
    Had it shipped in 2 days. At&t carrier. I love this phone. The best, everything I ever need.
    I have been blessed. I paid $800.00 for it. And yes, I do work and save up my money. Giggle!
    I plan to have this phone for a very long time. The form factory is just excellent!
    She

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by slpayton01; 08-18-11 at 03:37 AM.
    experiment 626 likes this.
    08-18-11 03:29 AM
730 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD