The photos of this device and the description of its keyboard don't do it justice. In hand, this thing is absolutely amazing!
    Really? Try us. Let's see some pics. Show off your new toys.
    08-16-11 04:01 PM
    That's disappointing, especially for a world phone. Will a 9650 charger work with the 9930?
    No reason it shouldn't, the standards haven't changed.
    08-16-11 04:01 PM
    Got mine at about 1 pm today. Backed up swapped over. Imported OS 5 ringtones, got bebuzz swapped. Only issue is i can't connect to work BES express server. IT guys says he may have to restart server so he will do that this evening and we will see. Other than that i love it so far, super fast super quick. Can't decide if i like the touch or the track pad more. Also my bold 9650 and tour had the privacy screen protector. Hope they come out with one for this.

I thought it was announced last week that BB7 had issues with BES Express. Check the Crackberry archive, it was on the front page.

Edit *

Here's the link.

BlackBerry Enterprise Express Activation app not supported on BB7 devices | CrackBerry.com
    08-16-11 04:14 PM
    Best BB to date, IMHO
    08-16-11 05:43 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay. So I ordered the 9930 Sunday night at 10pm. (I'm in Hawaii.) The fedex tracking website says that it spent 8 hours in the fedex facility in Ontario, CA, and then took 12 hours to travel to Oakland, CA where after two hours it boarded what I am assuming is a slow boat to China stopping in Hawaii. So my phone that I ordered Sunday night and had shipped by 2day Fedex is scheduled (by Fedex) to arrive THURSDAY by 5pm. Come on Fedex! That is ridiculous! Can I get an AMEN out there?
    08-16-11 05:51 PM
    I thought it was announced last week that BB7 had issues with BES Express. Check the Crackberry archive, it was on the front page.

Edit *

Here's the link.

BlackBerry Enterprise Express Activation app not supported on BB7 devices | CrackBerry.com
    Did you miss this?

"*Note: The article doesn't imply that BES isn't supported by BB7, just that the BlackBerry Enterprise Express Activation app in AppWorld isn't supported.* "

Meaning the app, but now theres a note at the top saying they fixed it in the new app. My IT guy had to delete my old account on BES and when he recreated it it gave him an error saying one was in que for deletion. He thinks he needs to restart. I'll keep an update.
    08-16-11 05:56 PM
    I'm also having issues on DM for Mac trying to get a full list of all my applications so I can uninstall all of the other languages. When I click applications, I'm only getting my most recently downloaded (Skype and Wikitude)

I've tried force quitting, ejecting and relaunching. Nothing seems to change the app list.
    Had the same problem, you have to go to the �setup� app and go to languages and only click the checkbox for english... then at the bottom hit �update� you�ll be good to go after that.
    08-16-11 06:04 PM
    I have just ordered mine! a 9930
    08-16-11 06:08 PM
    I picked up my replacement 9900 today. The trim pieces were all secure, and my browser worked
    08-16-11 06:24 PM
    I got my 9930 today at 1 pm but didn't get a chance to set it up until tonight. Just a fantastic phone and worth every penny to me.
    08-16-11 07:44 PM
    After a server reboot i was able to activate just fine. Still on a BES but will be trying the BIS. Thanks.
    08-16-11 08:00 PM
    Sometime you just have to give a call back. Got a tech who then contacted Blackberry tech and BBT told vzwtech that i could go to a BIS plan and still get BESx emails. So just saved 15$ a month.
    08-16-11 08:43 PM
    thinking of getting rid of an evo 3d for one. Any suggestions or thoughts?
    08-16-11 09:02 PM
    Wow. I mean, just wow. Device is amazing. What a difference from the 9650.
    08-16-11 09:10 PM
    Since im accessing my BESx through BIS, does my BESx policy still take control?
    08-16-11 09:31 PM
    i just upgraded to the 9900 like 3 days ago and yesterday somehow my media card snapped in half while still in my phone when i was taking the battery out nd non one can get it out. so the people at telus says if i dont like that i cant put in anohter media card then i have to buy a whole new phone..but besidesthat i love it ahah
    08-16-11 10:57 PM
    Absolutely love this phone. The keyboard is big and the keys are big typing is soft, my only dislike is the convenience key, I hit it all the time since where the key is located is where I usually hold the phone.
    08-16-11 11:14 PM
    I'm seriously loving this 9930 but I hear a lot of complaints from people who haven't even tried the 9900/9930. Kyopo, they say, RIM should have released this phone a year ago. Everyone is going to dual core 4G LTE, they say conveniently ignoring the fact that the number one selling smartphone, the iPhone 4 is 3G single core. I have taken it upon myself to answer the critics and help Jim and Mike out in one fell swoop. Here I present my home made 4G LTE 9930. Not only does it have the one core in the MSM8655, it also has a completely separate core in the Qualcomm MDM9600 that does noting but handle 3G and 4G. As you can see it's only a rough prototype. The finished product will come with your choice of color for the rubber band including matte black.

As a bonus I've also thrown in some shots of my home made 4G Playbook. The final product will have not one but two rubber bands.

And my final shot is of the two best RIM products with my Samsung 4G LTE hotspot. This is what I will be carrying on my commute every day.
    08-16-11 11:44 PM
    hi,

just did a device change from torch 9800 to 9900. everything went fine except that now, homescreen show only 4 icons in a row instead of 6 icons. can any of you tell what could be the problem??
    08-17-11 03:50 AM
    Perfect companion for my Galaxy S2! When the 9790 bellagio i will upgrade tho! This bb feels a little 'big'!! =D
    08-17-11 04:26 AM
    I just realized that the headphones aren't included in the box as indicated.
    GRRR...this is making me wonder if I should just return this thing :lol:
    08-17-11 04:32 AM
    I have headphones in mine...it was in the higher box with the documentation.
    08-17-11 04:46 AM
    My 9900 has arrived this morning, shame I can't touch it untill I finish work in 8 hours, looks amazing though and I haven't even switched it on

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-11 05:43 AM
    Got mine yesterday and finally got it all setup to how I like it at midnight. Jury still out in terms of a final answer on how I like it but I can say this, the phone/speakerphone and mic are way way better than my storm. Having never used OS6 this is a huge learning curve and I am simply loving it. The combination of full keyboard and touchscreen are brilliant.
    08-17-11 07:31 AM
    I never used an original Bold, but typing on this thing is a dream...lol
    I still havent let go of my bold 9000. I will be upgrading to the 9900 as soon as the get released in Japan, which will probably not be until February. They are so slow to release blackberry phones here, but I have waited this long, what's a few more months. I love the keyboard on the 9000, so add a touch screen, make it thinner and add a real browser, I know I will be a kid in the candy store. I can't wait.
    08-17-11 07:56 AM
730 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD