All I can say is WOW! Amazing device.

typing on this device is AMAZING its so smooth! I am glad I went with this rather than waiting for the 9850!
    08-16-11 10:14 AM
    Battery life with and without wifi seems to vary quite a bit with this device. If I'm at home and on wifi, my discharge rate is usually pretty low between 2-3%. When out and about at work without wi-fi, it's in the 6-7% range... sometimes higher... quite the difference. Don't recall that big of a difference with my 9700.

Anyone else observe the same?
    08-16-11 10:18 AM
    just got mine about an hour ago
    08-16-11 11:13 AM
    FedEx says... by 3pm today!!! Looks like they're waiting until 3pm!!!! I'm DYING here!!!
    08-16-11 11:42 AM
    Is the charger global-ready (i.e., different prong adapters as in the past)?
    08-16-11 11:49 AM
    Is the charger global-ready (i.e., different prong adapters as in the past)?

Nope, regular USA charger.
    08-16-11 12:23 PM
    Nope, regular USA charger.
    That's disappointing, especially for a world phone. Will a 9650 charger work with the 9930?
    08-16-11 12:29 PM
    just got mine today right side of the keyboard not working really disappointed going back to verizon guess I will have to stick to my iphone don't trust trying to exchange it for another one.
    08-16-11 12:35 PM
    In the 9900 brwoser, when on a web page, why can I not click on a phone number and have it dial with one click? It's as is the phone number is not highlighted or recognized as with my other BB's.
    Any suggestions??????
    08-16-11 12:40 PM
    It's official I am up and running on the 9930!
    08-16-11 12:56 PM
    OK>>>>>>>Fedex just left......opening box.....pulse climbing......and yes there it, the Verizon Blackberry 9930 in all its wordly goodness....charging it and backing up the 9650 now(soon to be..C-Ya!!). First time I have had this in my hands and it is....Wow!!! Can't wait to use....be back soon.....
    08-16-11 01:05 PM
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-11 01:14 PM
    In the 9900 brwoser, when on a web page, why can I not click on a phone number and have it dial with one click? It's as is the phone number is not highlighted or recognized as with my other BB's.
    Any suggestions??????
    08-16-11 01:19 PM
    Any suggestions??????
    Don't have one so don't know if this works, but did you try long-pressing on the number on the screen itself instead of clicking via trackpad?
    08-16-11 01:37 PM
    tried that, nothing is working
    08-16-11 01:42 PM
    The photos of this device and the description of its keyboard don't do it justice. In hand, this thing is absolutely amazing!
    08-16-11 02:00 PM
    Just a tip to all my fellow Verizon 9930 recipients today.

Dont forget to uninstall all the extra languages! It frees up 20mb! And while on the topic, after uninstalling all the garbage and loading what I want I'm sitting at about 220mb free

More than what I will ever use.
    auntrosie likes this.
    08-16-11 02:04 PM
    I've had this phone since 10:00 am this morning. I love the keyboard, and the camera is fine for my use. I am so glad that I got this phone! It is incredibly fast and easy to use. The only issues I am having is that the curser is a little sensitive which causes it to move much faster than I anticipated. I'm using the the scroll up and down of the touch screen to get around that issue. I am also having a little trouble with the magnifying glass. It increases the print size nicely but it isn't re-sizing the text so some sites that I used to have problems seeing (Crackberry) are too small agin unless I scroll back and forth from side to side. Hopefully that will be addressed soon. All in all though, I am really impressed with this phone. Many good things, a couple of small issues, and a lot to look forward to. Enjoy!
    08-16-11 02:05 PM
    My package arrived this morning at 1030 CST. I am stoked that I got it. I literally held up my iPhone 4 next to the Bold & saw the size comparison. It's extremely light too compared to the iP4. Anyway, the switch has been made & I'm setting everything up as I type. So far so good.
    08-16-11 02:10 PM
    This thing is another beast completely from my Tour. Love this thing, so worth jumping the gun.

Just a question - is Google Maps incompatible or is it just unavailable? I know AIM is incompatible on OS7 but I couldn't find Google Maps (I prefer Google Maps to Blackberry Maps) in Blackberry App World.

Any help would be appreciated. I searched the forum and couldn't find anything.
    08-16-11 02:23 PM
    after a 4 month delay of not having a blackberry... its nice to own 1 again.
    i promised my 1st blackberry that once i go black i can never go back.
    cfar89 likes this.
    08-16-11 02:30 PM
    I'm also having issues on DM for Mac trying to get a full list of all my applications so I can uninstall all of the other languages. When I click applications, I'm only getting my most recently downloaded (Skype and Wikitude)

I've tried force quitting, ejecting and relaunching. Nothing seems to change the app list.
    08-16-11 02:31 PM
    NOT a good day for me!! My 9930 finally came from Verizon and after activating it, I called customer care to have the enterprise plan added so that I can use my company's BES and they informed me that it would take 3-7 days to add it to my account. I was like WTF??? I called back and spoke with tech support who informed me of the same thing. It's because I am grandfathered into the unlimited and the unlimited plans no longer show up on the system. Apparently somebody has to manually add it to my account which take minimum of 3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLSTER:
    Then I went to put my phone into the provided holster and it popped the zero key off!!!! Somehow the key got hung on the holster and popped right out and won't go back in. I called Verizon CS and they told me to take it by the store.. went to the store and they said call CS because they didn't even have them in stock yet. Finally got someone from telesales on the line and they're shipping me another unit overnight.

Now I am trying to setup my personal email (exchange) using the outlook personal email setup (BIS) and it won't take it... says my credentials are not correct. Did the same setup on my wife's BB Style and it took it and is working.
    08-16-11 03:37 PM
    Recieved mine this morning, and have begun the testing process. I already knew it was a nice device as I had hands on at Blackberry World. It has pretty much lived up to those expectations. The screen is beautiful, and the touch is fluid.

The big disappointments have been no NFC out of the box, and no HotSpot functionality out of the box. There are several apps that don't have a BB7 version yet. Most notably Citrix Reciever and Lotus Sametime. I'm personally disappointed there is no compatible version of Stitcher or Amazon MP3 yet.

So far all of our corporate apps are working. I'm about to start testing the web browser.

Just discovered the best thing so far. I'm a Sprint customer in personal life, but Verizon at work. Downloaded and installed Google Voice on the 9930 (the Verizon phone) and with the great integration Google Voice has with Sprint configured it to forward calls and TEXT messages. Now when I'm on call, I only need to carry one phone as I can get my personal calls and texts on the Blackberry.
    Last edited by robpasell; 08-16-11 at 04:52 PM.
    08-16-11 03:52 PM
    Got mine at about 1 pm today. Backed up swapped over. Imported OS 5 ringtones, got bebuzz swapped. Only issue is i can't connect to work BES express server. IT guys says he may have to restart server so he will do that this evening and we will see. Other than that i love it so far, super fast super quick. Can't decide if i like the touch or the track pad more. Also my bold 9650 and tour had the privacy screen protector. Hope they come out with one for this.
    08-16-11 03:59 PM
730 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD