After 2 days with the 9900, I'm still in awe.

The speed, the keyboard, the screen... it's a modern BlackBerry and it feels so good!

Anyone planning to get this device will NOT be disappointed.
    08-12-11 06:41 PM
    I've waited for what seems like ever for this update, but alas the beloved old 9000 can become desk art! Loving the 9900 so far, still transfering data. Keyboard - great! Screen - great! Speed - great!
    But then again, it is the 9000 that I'm moving from!!!
    08-12-11 07:23 PM
    just got it today
    love it

something thats kind of annoying... i installed the 3d roller coaster game, and all the game sound effects are appearing in the music player :s
    08-12-11 07:56 PM
    No shazam? Didn't the old bb have this?
    08-12-11 09:05 PM
    Just got my 9900 today at noon, this is by far the best BB ever the keyboard and touch screen combo is fantastic.
    Got mine at Telus in Calgary paid my contract to get this phone, I've had the iPhone 4,all BB and I can't stop saying this phone is fantasic.
    08-12-11 09:24 PM
    Just got mine finally!!! Waited a long time. Came from the 9800 and loved that too but I can already tell this is a keeper!!! Sweet phone, very excited!
    08-13-11 12:02 AM
    "the new" iPhone 4? ummm - it's actually old and I doubt she will be saying that once the iPhone 5 comes out. lol
    Will ipohne 5 have a hardware keyboard?
    08-13-11 07:06 AM
    I picked mine up yesterday, as of last night BBprotect wasn't working, went on apps to download it, said it wasn't available for this device. This morning it is on the device and works fine.

I think we will find stuff coming on line and starting to work over the next few weeks with the 9900.

Just thought I would mention it.
    08-13-11 08:34 AM
    something thats kind of annoying... i installed the 3d roller coaster game, and all the game sound effects are appearing in the music player :s
    This is actually a good thing, it's a sign that apps can use the media card for storing their assets (sound and graphic files, among other things), this was mentioned at the fan night, but having confirmation is nice! This means the system memory doesn't have to get as filled up.

Although they should be tagged as not visible in the media player.
    08-13-11 08:34 AM
    Just made the switch back, I missed my blackberry!

I picked my blackberry up yesterday from the Sunridge Best Buy location in Calgary.

I love touchscreens but still want a physical keyboard so the 9900 is perfect .

I am loving it, it is so much faster than my Torch 9800. Looks and feels premium.

Only thing that sucks is due to my absence I have to start growing my bbm list back up and had to purchase it outright. But well worth it to have a blackberry in my hand once again.

08-13-11 10:31 AM
    Got mine yesterday. Absolutely 100 percent happy with it. The keyboard is great for typing and the touch screen makes browsing actually doable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-11 10:50 AM
    I tried to search for this answer but I couldn't find it. I apologize if the answer is somewhere else. Do the new phones have column views for those of us who are near vision challenged, or will we still have the magnifying glass? If I can see the screen easily, I will be ordering the new Bold on Monday from Verizon (off contract!) Thanks for your help.
    Never mind......I can pinch and zoom. Went right over my head. I'm too excited about this phone!

Last edited by elphie28; 08-13-11 at 12:46 PM.
    Dlanod likes this.
    08-13-11 12:21 PM
    I picked mine up yesterday, as of last night BBprotect wasn't working, went on apps to download it, said it wasn't available for this device. This morning it is on the device and works fine.

I think we will find stuff coming on line and starting to work over the next few weeks with the 9900.

Just thought I would mention it.
    The same thing happened to me with BBprotect!
    08-13-11 01:50 PM
    Picked up my 9900 yesterday from the Telus Connect Store on Georgia & Thurlow.

Positives:
    -Keyboard is so perfect. The clickety clack of the keys are perfect
    -Screen
    -Touchscreen
    -The awe/jealousy factor from other bb users that don't have it

Negatives:
    -Been said numerous times, but the camera just f*cking sucks. As a camera ***** that uploads everything to fb & twitter, I'm too embarrassed to post a pic b/c it's just horrible
    -having to redownload my OS5 ringtones
    -browser isn't as fast I had hoped
    -battery life is weak
    -randomly going into bedside mode even if i'm just leaving my bb on a table, desk, etc.

I'm not a fan of the torch, but may have to switch over to this if it has autofocus on the camera
    08-13-11 02:59 PM
    So who do I have to call to get one of these? Lol. They're not even listen on the Verizon site.
    JamesCorbeil likes this.
    08-13-11 03:15 PM
    So who do I have to call to get one of these? Lol. They're not even listen on the Verizon site.
    They should be there on Monday.
    08-13-11 05:14 PM
    Question

When you guys send a pitcure, can you simply "attach" the file from inside of the conversation or does it still require to send a seperate mms message.

Like, when you are scrolling through a convo does it show everything including pictures that were sent? Kind of like iphones and android phones?
    08-13-11 09:28 PM
    I went into FutureShop in London, ON little over a week ago to inquire when new phones be in, guy told me they be in the next week, so I left my number to call me when came in. I wasn't really expecting them to be in that soon, or if would get a call, but sure enough past Thursday he called me soon as they came in, and within 2 hrs phone was mine! I am signed up on Blackberry website to recieve email with info when phone available, still haven't received anything yet..

I was expecting and willing to may $500 for my 9900, so was surprised it was only $299 with a $50 MIR, but I actually got it for $50 less and didn't have to pay $35 to switch, which I assuming cause I due for an upgrade.

My first BB was 900, then got a 9700, and now 9900. I'm glad they went back to the larger size, and how thin it is, and furthermore how much faster it all is, and a lot more memory! Only negative is battery life, but hopefully that get better in OS updates. Also have to wait bit for apps I had to be updated for OS 7.

With my 9700 I had Otterbox Defender case, and came in handy and saved my phone number of times, so soon as I got new phone I went on site and ordered Otter for my 9900!
    Last edited by BoldMik; 08-13-11 at 11:36 PM. Reason: adding..
    08-13-11 11:32 PM
    Question

When you guys send a pitcure, can you simply "attach" the file from inside of the conversation or does it still require to send a seperate mms message.

Like, when you are scrolling through a convo does it show everything including pictures that were sent? Kind of like iphones and android phones?
    Yes. No separate mms required
    08-14-11 05:19 AM
    I got mine today. 2 hours East of Toronto. Bell Mobility.

- The speed is incredible. It won't disappoint people. Feels on par with other devices.

- The keyboard is amazing. Coming from 9780 it feels soooo roomy.

- The screen is great and while the clarity is slightly better, the smoothness (from the processor) is really noticeable.

- The camera is good. I was worried... but it's fine. For those that shoot up close you've got 6" - that's it.

- The phone is light and thin. I think I prefer the leather door, however.

- Love the stainless band. It makes the device look really sharp and it makes the device hold well in the hand.

- I haven't used the touch screen much... it's something I've found myself forgetting about. But it's a very good touch display and responsive.

- There is an app on board called "social feeds"... that's a nice app for bringing twitter, facebook, and rss feeds into one organized app. I think I like it.

- When swiping through your pictures... it's like bang, bang, bang. There is no delay rendering them. Really benefiting from the processor!

- I haven't really tested the browser yet.

- When setting this device beside by 9780, the visible screen on the 9900 is pretty much exactly the same height as the plastic screen panel on the 9780 if that helps people gauge the size. It's nice.

- I shot some video, and so far it looks pretty good.

If I had any complaints;

- My trackpad squeaks. I've lubed it with a little WD40 from a cotton swap. Seems fine now... but a little bummed that BB continues to have these sort of pesky issues.

- Don't like only having one convenience key. Not a killer, however.

- As I said the camera is good. But losing autofocus is potentially a bummer in some situations.

- No mobile hot spot. WTH?

- The slick back door is fine. Probably prefer the leather grip.
    Very, very encouraging... awesome. Squeaky track pad?? LOL. Agree on leather door. Can't wait till VZW drops these.
    08-14-11 12:05 PM
    The BlackBerry Bold 9900 is an awesome phone. Just showed it to some colleagues, friends, and executives here at work and looks like we'll be tossing out our Curves for many Bold 9900s.

I have HUGE gripes coming off from the BB 9000, 9700, 9800;
    -There is absolutely NO keyboard hotkeys in the browser.
    -I thought there was a way to change the theme so that it would be similar to BB OS5-6? (Read it in a CrackBerry post) I have no use for the panels as I have everything organized so that I do not have to scroll up or down along my home menu, but even when I get rid of the ones that I don't want, "All" remains. I KNOW that is ALL of my home menu!!
    -As well, the panel / touch sensitivity is not the same as the torch where you could touch anywhere to swipe up the panel. It's very specific as it doesn't understand the finger gestures as well as even the first Torch. So if you pull up from the panel's tab, and then press the back button to minimize, it will only minimize half way because as you had swiped up earlier, it has re-set it's default position to show the top two rows, and I would have to re-re-set it so that it minimizes to only show the single top row.
    -The Music app does not return to where you were before; ie if you search for an artist or song name, and you choose a song to play, pressing the back button, or in my case the convenience button to get back from anywhere, even from within the Music app, to the Music app, it would take you back to where you'd normally start! It doesn't bring you back to the search results!!
    -On the Loud profile, any alerts or ringtones are played loudly both on the phone and the inserted IN EAR headphones at loud volume, despite the media volume being less than half way down!

If someone could lead me to a post where it'll show me how to use the Bold properly, or if there are work arounds, that would be greatly appreciated. Maybe something like that dark, minimalistic Reverie D theme that was available when OS5-6 came out?

Edit; sometimes the touchscreen gets in the way from scrolling up or down with the trackpad, and swiping up or down to go through a page of text sometimes really bogs/slows down.
    Last edited by SleepiTyme; 08-14-11 at 05:28 PM.
    08-14-11 05:25 PM
    I FINALLY got my 9900 just this past Friday, from Rogers in London, ON, after I went in on the Wednesday they were announced and was told they had none. Manager took my name and number and I was the first call she made when they arrived! Wanted to hug her.
    Anyways, been waiting for this phone since losing my 9000 due to it crashing and having to settle for a 9700 for a year or so.
    I LOVE the 9900 and everything about it! The keyboard is a dream come true, screen is huge and bright and crisp. Graphics and fluidity of scrolling is flawless. I love the option of managing the Panels, as I was always scrolling to the next screen if an icon was on far left or right.
    Love that you can swipe the screen in certain apps (bbm) to switch chats.
    I have nothing bad to say about this phone at the time of this post, except that it took too damn long to be released!!! I'm sure no one would argue with me on that though!
    Thank you RIM!!
    08-14-11 08:46 PM
    Ordered mine on the VZW website tonight through upgrade (Had the Storm2 since August 10 2009, and then about 4 months ago bought a used Bold 9650 (with overnight, so I assume it should be here tuesday). Even as an upgrade, with all the taxes (I live in Cali) the phone was really EXPENSIVE... but definitely worth it since I really haven't gotten a 'new' phone in a couple of years and I'm going off to college in a week.

Can't wait for the device to come in and go to my local VZW store with a phone they don't even have in stores yet and get it activated!!

Thanks to Crackberry.com for all the information they've shared about this device as well!!
    jugghead62 likes this.
    08-15-11 01:13 AM
    Just ordered mine at 2:30 am. Looking forward to playing with it tomorrow when it shows up.

Thanks to the CB nation!
    Glad I am back
    08-15-11 03:21 AM
    I have a question.....for those of you who did a device switch using BDM, what happens to your BBM contacts once they're restored? Does it automatically change your PIN number with them?

08-15-11 05:20 AM
730 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD