Picked up mine yesterday evening in Laval. Coming from a 9000, i'm loving the keyboard even more & the touch screen is just awesome! Can't wait for the WiFi hotspot update to come via future updates.
    08-11-11 09:10 AM
    Picked up my bold yesterday in montreal. Just wow I'm loving it!
    Outright or Contract?

Thanks
    08-11-11 09:33 AM
    Wife picked up hers yesterday morning in Toronto.. I am in love with this phone, currently have the 9800 wasn't sure if I wanted the 9810 or the 9900..
    Decision has been made! 9900 + playbook = awesome!
    Dear KES could you advise to me address of shop where you bought 9900 at Toronto, is it unlock device or contract device?
    08-11-11 09:35 AM
    I dislike all of you : ( #disgruntledamerican
    08-11-11 09:49 AM
    Picked it up yesterday at a rogers plus store. Very pleased with my purchase! i thought i was gonna pay 400 buccks with all these fee but they just let me pay 250.00 but it took over an hour doing the whole fixing my new plan and everything -_-
    08-11-11 10:15 AM
    lovely, the best blackberry unit ever made so far
    thin and light yet very powerful!
    9700 / 9780 was never slow when using it but after having this unit for 1day
    I can never go back to those turtles
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    08-11-11 11:19 AM
    I believe there's a new Berryweather version available now...Say it has os7 support...I got an email tonight from them to upgrade.
    Yep, I got that last night but every time I get an update with Berryweather it tells me I only have the trial version (bought & paid for though) I've had great luck by contacting Nikkisoft - I get an immediate response and the issue gets resolved. So I've once again sent Nikkisoft my latest problem.
    I did notice that the app doesn't quite fit the larger screen now.
    08-11-11 12:25 PM
    My daughter has the new Iphone4, in her books nothing can compare to it. That is until yesterday when I came home with my 9900 .... she started playing with it and said, " uh Mom this is so awesome, do you think when it comes out in White ...." lol
    imcurved, suself and mozzamay like this.
    08-11-11 12:31 PM
    Just adding my name to the list of cool cats!
    08-11-11 12:34 PM
    Got mine noticed scuffs around each of the 4 corners of the bezel though.

I have to say, this is definitely BlackBerry on roids, its an unreal phone. I played with one a couple months ago, but its so nice to finally have one of my own!
    suself likes this.
    08-11-11 01:09 PM
    My daughter has the new Iphone4, in her books nothing can compare to it. That is until yesterday when I came home with my 9900 .... she started playing with it and said, " uh Mom this is so awesome, do you think when it comes out in White ...." lol
    "the new" iPhone 4? ummm - it's actually old and I doubt she will be saying that once the iPhone 5 comes out. lol
    imcurved likes this.
    08-11-11 01:26 PM
    I got mine yesterday Virgin Mobile/ Mississauga/Square One
    Love the keyboard, perfectly spaced
    Love the quickness of the device
    Also of course, I love the feel of it and everything it has to offer
    08-11-11 01:34 PM
    Got mine yesturday @ rogers plus store in winnipeg @ 10am. Phoned roughly around 6-7 rogers stores at the time in which they all either told me they were sold out or didn't have them in yet. Eventually after my 8th try I phoned a rogers store located 45 minutes away from where I live. They told me that there were only 2 in stock. I grabbed my car keys and made an immediate b-line to the rogers location, in which I must have been over the speed limit by a good 20-25km. Once I arrived at the store the rep told me that I was in luck because she just sold 1 of the 2 9900's she had and that she received 6 calls all regarding the phones availablity. Signed a 3 - year term and off I was with my new 9900 . This is my first ever blackberry and I must say wow this phone is absolutely amazing in every single aspect. I love my new BB

This was sent using the 9900's outstanding keyboard :P
    Last edited by Kesler-17; 08-11-11 at 02:00 PM.
    08-11-11 01:57 PM
    Got mine yesterday from Virgin after Rogers couldn't get their heads out of their asses. Seriously with 13 days left on my contract you would think they wouldn't just send me a new device. Instead I had to call 4 times and visit a store... Some said it was available but I have to get it in-store others said that it was not available on upgrade. Virgin had the device for $80 less anyway. So I just switched.

Love the device but I've already had a fatal OS error. Yep, it's a blackberry lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-11 02:32 PM
    time to join the party, just upgraded from my 9700
    08-11-11 02:42 PM
    Just got mine today, love it! The keyboard feels so good I feel physically happy when typing on it for some reason...they must put drugs in those key frets!

Only complaint so far is I find the trackpad to be less accurate for some reason, it's easier to use the touch screen, which I am quickly switching over for most tasks. Camera and videos are great, except for close ups which has been mentioned, no biggie for me. Most of my apps work (except for the game Copter - it was time to find a new game anyway) , the transfer process was easy from my 9700 using DM.

For what I use a phone for - email, text, Facebook, Twitter, Web surfing, music, pictues, video - it is nirvana. Not for everyone I know, but it's perfect for me.
    08-11-11 03:29 PM
    Picked up mine today, off contract. Can't wait to play with it tonight. Yahoo!!!
    08-11-11 05:14 PM
    Just picked mine up at bell at the core in downtown calgary. 99 bucks and change with tax!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-11 05:24 PM
    One thing I'm noticing is that QNX/TAT is slipping into OS7 ever so slightly, if you're in a text or mail conversation and swipe left or right it takes you to the next one, and the transitions in the photos app are the exact same as on the Playbook.

Lots of neat little things I'm finding out...and while this was already in OS6 if you turn on bass boost and audio boost in the music player this thing can really crank out the tunes, and it improves on the default sound which is a bit lacking in bass, no complaints with those settings changes. It also sounds way better when laying down flat as opposed to holding it when playing music, guess that was the position they optimized the sound for (which is logical).
    08-11-11 05:41 PM
    After one day;

- The speed and keyboard both make this device a worthy upgrade. Both are 2x better than my 9780.

- The screen is gorgeous. Probably my 3rd favorite change... and I'm using the touch more day 2. It's a nice touch interface.

- The video quality is very nice. The camera is not as big of a letdown as I feared.

- The battery life is not as good as my 9780. With moderate usage, my battery is hurting right now. On my 9780... I'd probably be on 50% with equal usage.

- OS7 feels more like a polished OS6. For those that are expecting it to be much different, it's not. Still... mine has been uber stable, smooth, and responsive. No complaints.

- It's a thin device. If you set it on your desk, it's a little hard to pick up... but I can see why they contoured the back - it helps with picking it up.

Overall - Its every bit the upgrade I hoped. It feels like a leap from my 9780, compared to incremental changes typical of RIM upgrades.
    brewkelyn likes this.
    08-11-11 06:30 PM
    Can't wait to join this upgrade train! I'm waiting for T-Mobile USA to release this SEXXXY device!....

Come on CB, where are the unboxing pics!?
    08-11-11 06:31 PM
    Picked mine up on Bell a few hours ago. I have to say, this thing is pretty sweet! I switched over from iphone and I love it so far. The keyboard is going to take a day or two to get used to but other then that it is amazing. It doesnt support some of the apps it should tho- Shazam being one of them and im sure there are a few more.
    08-11-11 07:15 PM
    I switch from a 9780 (before iPhone 4 and 9800) to the 9900 and i truly love the phone. The keypad its super fast and the screen is gourgous. Only issue the the poor battery life i have seen so far...
    08-11-11 07:22 PM
    after a few hours on this device i have to say, it's exceeded my expectations.

I had the 9700/9780 and i was very disappointed with it. It didnt have the feel of the top quality device feel that the orignial 9900 had, and I must say, this phone has that feel.

this is what i wanted in a blackberry when i got my torch, a touchscreen device with a full keyboard. I dont need a massive screen, i dont use my device for media, and i never used the virtual keyboard.

The keyboard is AMAZING! it reminds me of the original bold, but softer. And the speed of this device... don't even talk to me about other devices. I've used every device that sells telus products and nothing comes close to matching the speed of this device.

I have the same feeling that i did when i upgraded from my pearl to my bold several years ago. This device, so far, its stellar
    08-11-11 08:46 PM
    Got mine yesterday and LOVING IT! Already have hybriders after me for testing heheh. Can honestly say much improvement over my 9700. I use it now and it seems tiny and fragile haha.
    08-12-11 12:16 AM
730 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD