Just to keep things a little more organized. Post up your stories, first impressions, unboxing pics here!

Tell us what you like about the device and what you dont like....
    AbuYazeedUK and phuphat like this.
    08-10-11 11:51 AM
    I got mine this morning at 10am from a Rogers Plus store in Whitby, ON. Came home, unboxed, washed my shorts, did a device switch, did my enterprise activation and bamn, device was ready!

It's so nice and thin and light, love it.

I love that BBM worked no problem after the device switch, the keyboard is awesome!!!!

Not used to the touch screen yet so I'm sure the more I use it the more I will like it.

It's REALLY fast which I like, all in all, VERY excited to have this as my new device!
    08-10-11 12:25 PM
    I got mine today from Rogers in Newmarket
    This feels like a Blackberry
    The touchscreen is cool and when I did the switch
    I did not have to re add all my BBM contacts
    The device feels good in my hands and the keyboard
    Is very responsive

Wayne
    DCGREE, celeste9000 and phuphat like this.
    08-10-11 02:02 PM
    I just got my 990 at a bell store in Toronto. Apparently they were going to launch on the 14th but have done so early. They said they were selling the torch as well. Price was $169 for a 3 year contract - way better than rogers!
    08-10-11 03:56 PM
    Got mine today from Bell in RichmondHill!! Friggen sexy! Bye bye iPhone 4, your games were fun but ultimately... I need a phone, not a glorified iPod touch.
    08-10-11 05:01 PM
    Got mine today from Bell in RichmondHill!! Friggen sexy! Bye bye iPhone 4, your games were fun but ultimately... I need a phone, not a glorified iPod touch.
    Welcome back to crackberry nation !
    Alia likes this.
    08-10-11 05:14 PM
    Picked mine up at lunchtime at the Mississauga location at Tomken and Eglinton. Drove like a maniac to get my hands on it.

I just simply love typing on this thing. Best blackberry keyboard I have tried. Camera so far seems fine to me. Haven't tried it in all settings yet but the pics I have taken are crystal clear.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-11 05:19 PM
    Got mine today at high noon Pacific Time in Coquitlam BC (Vancouver)
    To say I'm stoked is an understatement!!!! I took off work to go get it...HAHA!
    Misheck likes this.
    08-10-11 05:29 PM
    Can't wait to get mine.
    08-10-11 05:31 PM
    Best keyboard ever!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    soap8 likes this.
    08-10-11 06:02 PM
    No, I don't have a 99XX (can't afford to upgrade right now) so I probably shouldn't be clogging up this thread, but I didn't want to start a new one. But I do have something on my mind. I did have my doubts that this launch, and the launch of all the OS7-running Torches would go smoothly. I had figured that there would be a weeks to months long delay and we wouldn't be seeing these devices until at least September. I figured chaos would ensue. So, this is my official "I stand corrected" statement. I was wrong. I was envisioning this being worse than the Torch launch, and it is surprising great. It appears the launch in the Canadian market is actually ahead of schedule and that carriers in the U.S and around the world are due to carry the OS & devices in quick succession. I'm very impressed. I really hope everyone who wants to can get these OS 7 devices in a reasonable amount of time from their carriers. Way to go RIM and the carriers! Good luck, CB!
    08-10-11 06:59 PM
    I never used an original Bold, but typing on this thing is a dream...lol
    08-10-11 07:16 PM
    I got mine today. 2 hours East of Toronto. Bell Mobility.

- The speed is incredible. It won't disappoint people. Feels on par with other devices.

- The keyboard is amazing. Coming from 9780 it feels soooo roomy.

- The screen is great and while the clarity is slightly better, the smoothness (from the processor) is really noticeable.

- The camera is good. I was worried... but it's fine. For those that shoot up close you've got 6" - that's it.

- The phone is light and thin. I think I prefer the leather door, however.

- Love the stainless band. It makes the device look really sharp and it makes the device hold well in the hand.

- I haven't used the touch screen much... it's something I've found myself forgetting about. But it's a very good touch display and responsive.

- There is an app on board called "social feeds"... that's a nice app for bringing twitter, facebook, and rss feeds into one organized app. I think I like it.

- When swiping through your pictures... it's like bang, bang, bang. There is no delay rendering them. Really benefiting from the processor!

- I haven't really tested the browser yet.

- When setting this device beside by 9780, the visible screen on the 9900 is pretty much exactly the same height as the plastic screen panel on the 9780 if that helps people gauge the size. It's nice.

- I shot some video, and so far it looks pretty good.

If I had any complaints;

- My trackpad squeaks. I've lubed it with a little WD40 from a cotton swap. Seems fine now... but a little bummed that BB continues to have these sort of pesky issues.

- Don't like only having one convenience key. Not a killer, however.

- As I said the camera is good. But losing autofocus is potentially a bummer in some situations.

- No mobile hot spot. WTH?

- The slick back door is fine. Probably prefer the leather grip.
    08-10-11 07:21 PM
    hotspot will come in a carrier update
    08-10-11 07:26 PM
    Just unboxing it now

I just noticed the bottom trim piece isn't on securely. Looks like I need to go back
    08-10-11 07:31 PM
    I'm happy with some stuff to be sure, but I've got his feeling that I wish there was more 'wow'. Anybody else feel like that? Maybe my expectations were just too high or I'm wanting something different.

What I like:
    - feels great in the hand, build quality seems great (minus some sharpness feel above and below the trackpad).
    - touchscreen is great, easy to move around, and I like that you get the touchscreen version of certain apps like Google maps or Opera Mini (much prefer this Opera Mini over the version you get with the 9780).
    - screen is a nice size.
    - keyboard is soo nice to type on. Really, really fast and easy (even though I find the noise sounds plastic-y when you type).
    - some new feature tweaks to the OS (did you notice you get a download history now?)
    - no real opinion on wikitude yet.

I'm sure there are other things, but that is it so far.

But...
    - not crazy about the camera (sorry, not as good as the 9780 as others are realizing). Don't know how much this will bother me in the long run.
    - oddly enough, browsing with the BB browser seems a little buggy for me. Moving around seems to be better using the touchscreen but it seems like clicking links is better using the trackpad. When I try to click on links on the touchscreen, it doesn't always work. When I try moving around using the trackpad, sometimes links activate that I didn't ask. As a result, I'm using Opera Mini more.
    - it looks like some web page or apps need some updating to take advantage of the 9900 screen ration size. Some web pages the text seems too big and I can't get it any smaller (Google Reader just looks blown up and pixelized).

Maybe it is just that there isn't that much that is 'new'... you can go through the whole phone and try everything out in pretty much no time at all. That isn't such a bad thing, but I like to tinker, explore and play around and it didn't take long before everything was tried out.

Still, in day to day usage it will operate more efficiently and effectively than the 9780, but it is still the same experience (with a lot less frustration not getting the hourglass :-) ). Also, I still want to try the 9850 before deciding on which phone I will settle with for the next year so I'll just see how it goes over the next 14 days before I return it and try the 9850.
    PaulGreenough likes this.
    08-10-11 07:32 PM
    Ok so, after hours of playing around, I have to say my Bold II Touch "as I like to call it" is friggen amazing, this is exactly if not even better than my old trusty 9000 was. And my most recent berry was a Torch 9800, this thing is killer! I also sport a 9780 provided by my work on BES which I also dig...but no comparison at all. It's just as Kevin and Blayze's reviews are to a T.

I did a quick device swap in BB Desktop manager from my Torch to the Bold II and blam! and may i say reboot time is unbelievable!?? Even after loading up all my apps. Some don't work which is to be expected because of OS7 etc no biggie.

Typing is even easier with my beefy hands...man oh man....I feel like a kid. Just too unreal....oh yes....the browser......the freakin browser!!! WOW!!!

So to recap I picked mine up in Coquitlam Center BELL store today in Vancouver BC and for all you guys out here in Van, all the BELL stores received their shipment today and will sell to you instead of waiting until the 15th! Go get yours!! can you tell I'm just amazed?? Long time berry user man...and just wow.
    What a device guys.
    08-10-11 10:24 PM
    Got my 9900 this morning in Ottawa - had to drive across town to town to get it but it was definitely worth it!
    The keyboard is a dream to type on, I find it much roomier than the 9000 that I'm used to.
    The processer upgrade makes the phone noticeably snappier, loading websites, pictures etc. is no longer a tedious task.
    The touchscreen is responsive. I find I only use it to scroll down long lists or to click a small link: it's a timesaver!
    Overall, the device has a higher quality feel than the 97xx did, it's slim and sturdy and lacks the plastic look and feel.
    Cases were not yet available in store, but I will be picking one up as soon as they are! I don't know how scratch-resistant the carbon fiber battery door is.
    RIM should be proud, and hopefully the device will sell well and improve their stocks!
    08-10-11 10:34 PM
    hey, I picked my Bold 9900 up at noon today! Bought it outright at Future Shop. Easy switching from 9700 to 9900 via DM. Typing on this keyboard is so darn easy now. Missing some apps that wouldn't port over like Berryweather but I'll figure that out later. One odd thing is when I wanted to use the DM to get rid of some applications and it only shows 3 of the apps I have on my device. So not sure what to do about that.
    Still learning and playing - gotta remember I have a touch screen now too.
    PaulGreenough and doraem0n like this.
    08-11-11 01:43 AM
    hey, I picked my Bold 9900 up at noon today! Bought it outright at Future Shop. Easy switching from 9700 to 9900 via DM. Typing on this keyboard is so darn easy now. Missing some apps that wouldn't port over like Berryweather but I'll figure that out later. One odd thing is when I wanted to use the DM to get rid of some applications and it only shows 3 of the apps I have on my device. So not sure what to do about that.
    Still learning and playing - gotta remember I have a touch screen now too.
    I believe there's a new Berryweather version available now...Say it has os7 support...I got an email tonight from them to upgrade.
    PaulGreenough and DCAce like this.
    08-11-11 02:41 AM
    I believe there's a new Berryweather version available now...Say it has os7 support...I got an email tonight from them to upgrade.
    Got the same e-mail. Nice to see devs are already hopping on the OS7 train. Great to hear.
    08-11-11 02:48 AM
    I just got mine picked up from the store. My guy got it back for me and its here on my table in the OFFICE Will go home and set it up
    08-11-11 05:06 AM
    got it late yesterday...

never had the pleasure of using the original 9000, but what a huge difference from my 9780!

lovin' the bold 9900!!!
    08-11-11 06:10 AM
    Wife picked up hers yesterday morning in Toronto.. I am in love with this phone, currently have the 9800 wasn't sure if I wanted the 9810 or the 9900..
    Decision has been made! 9900 + playbook = awesome!
    08-11-11 08:04 AM
    Picked up my bold yesterday in montreal. Just wow I'm loving it!
    08-11-11 08:17 AM
730 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD