I don't understand all these battery problems. I've been through all leaked and not leaked firmwares and they are all about the same.

Been running my Bold 9900 for the day (just over 12 hours since disconnect) and I'm at 85% battery. With WIFI off, BT On, 4G on all day.
    I'm not a heavy user, but all of these people complaining about it not lasting a day, I have to say there must be an App draining the battery....
    Exactly, you're a light user battery issues come in when you're sending tons of emails, bbm & talk a lot my friend

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-11 02:02 PM
    Exactly, you're a light user battery issues come in when you're sending tons of emails, bbm & talk a lot my friend

Agreed! Sunday I was emailing, bbming, and browsing the web on wi-fi and by 1pm it was on the red. By 2 it was dead, luckily I was home so i didnt mind but its starting to get unacceptable.
    11-15-11 03:36 PM
    Agreed! Sunday I was emailing, bbming, and browsing the web on wi-fi and by 1pm it was on the red. By 2 it was dead, luckily I was home so i didnt mind but its starting to get unacceptable.

Try doing the same thing on a samsung galaxy s2. It won't last 6 hours without screaming for a recharge.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-15-11 03:39 PM
    Try doing the same thing on a samsung galaxy s2. It won't last 6 hours without screaming for a recharge.

Never owned a galaxy here so I cant comment. But I owned the 9700 and 9780 so that is why this is becoming unacceptable to me. I took it off the charger at 7 so yea im getting about the same as the galaxy s2
    Last edited by anubis20; 11-15-11 at 04:03 PM.
    11-15-11 03:56 PM
    Never owned a galaxy here so I cant comment. But I owned the 9700 and 9780 so that is why this is becoming unacceptable to me. I took it off the charger at 7 so yea im getting about the same as the galaxy s2

What apps are you running? I have about 300 emails a day from a mailing list, another 100 or so on 7 various email accounts. Over 800 messenger contacts and 10 out of the 14 groups active.

I do FB, twitter too.

11-15-11 04:10 PM
    Is this version for the 9930 as well?
    11-15-11 08:02 PM
    Is this version for the 9930 as well?
    NO, don't try it
    joeylee likes this.
    11-15-11 08:31 PM
    Thank You*!
    I just upgraded to the 9930, I LOVE it! I'm now just waiting on compatible themes and apps.

Thanks Again!
    -JoeyLee*
    11-15-11 08:37 PM
    I downloaded and installed today. Working great so far.
    11-15-11 09:42 PM
    Good to read all the positive feedback. Any chance of this upgrade bricking the phone when coming from 261?

11-15-11 10:15 PM
    How is the battery life of this .503 version compared to the .540?

Im using mine for like 3hrs normal usage and im on 65% battery life now.

Battery seems to be draining fast with .540 build.

11-16-11 12:31 AM
    Updated to 503. Discharge seems to be faster than 261 if not the same.

11-16-11 03:03 AM
    Still meh??

Loaded 503 ... my reaction is "meh"

Battery suck down remains at about 5% per hour.

I think I'll hold on this OS for a while ... this is my 3rd OS update in the last 6 days!
    11-16-11 04:46 AM
    Ok, here's a question. I'm from the UK and I have a Bold 9900 on Vodafone, is this OS completely compatible with my phone??
    Don't know if it helps but here's some info I just copied from the 'about device versions' within the options
    BlackBerry� 9900
    smartphone (3G, Wi-Fi)
    7.0 Bundle 1465 (v7.0.0.296, Platform 5.0.0.496)
    3G Bands 1,4,8
    Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.7.0
    Branding Version: 1.0.91.715O
    Micro Edition Configuration: CLDC-1.1
    Micro Edition Profile: MIDP-2.1
    Micro Edition JTWI Version: 1.0
    Micro Edition Media Version: 1.1
    Micro Edition PIM Version: 1.0
    Micro Edition File Version: 1.0
    Micro Edition Bluetooth Version: 1.1
    Micro Edition Location Version: 1.0.1
    Micro Edition Security and Trust Services (APDU) Version: 1.0
    WLAN Version: 4.4.0.165
    Can anyone help, thanks.
    11-16-11 04:48 AM
    So I just updated to this OS yesterday and to my dismay, I can't type Chinese anymore on my phone
    Is there anyway to install Chinese in it? This update's doing fine, but I may consider downgrading to my original OS because I've been stuck without Chinese in my Curve for 2 years, and I definitely don't want the cycle to repeat itself again. Anyway, how do I downgrade back to original OS?

Thanks!

11-16-11 06:28 AM
    Ok, here's a question. I'm from the UK and I have a Bold 9900 on Vodafone, is this OS completely compatible with my phone??
    Don't know if it helps but here's some info I just copied from the 'about device versions' within the options
    BlackBerry� 9900
    smartphone (3G, Wi-Fi)
    3G Bands 1,4,8
    Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.7.0
    Branding Version: 1.0.91.715O
    Micro Edition Configuration: CLDC-1.1
    Micro Edition Profile: MIDP-2.1
    Micro Edition JTWI Version: 1.0
    Micro Edition Media Version: 1.1
    Micro Edition PIM Version: 1.0
    Micro Edition File Version: 1.0
    Micro Edition Bluetooth Version: 1.1
    Micro Edition Location Version: 1.0.1
    Micro Edition Security and Trust Services (APDU) Version: 1.0
    WLAN Version: 4.4.0.165
    Can anyone help, thanks.
    Shouldn't be an issue, I just loaded it on a Vodafone 9900 in India, just make sure you delete vendor.xml and do a clean install.

R-TECH likes this.
    11-16-11 07:00 AM
    Shouldn't be an issue, I just loaded it on a Vodafone 9900 in India, just make sure you delete vendor.xml and do a clean install.

Ok, thanks. But how do you delete the 'vendor.xml' ?
    11-16-11 09:33 AM
    Should be under c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader

Or just search for vendor.xml and delete the file.

11-16-11 10:47 AM
    Still meh??
    No. My initial reaction was "meh" - but now I'm very happy!

11-16-11 10:47 AM
    What apps are you running? I have about 300 emails a day from a mailing list, another 100 or so on 7 various email accounts. Over 800 messenger contacts and 10 out of the 14 groups active.

I do FB, twitter too.

I was just web browsing and bbming on wifi. No calls. Took it of the charger at 7 am today and im at 66%
    11-16-11 11:00 AM
    This OS works so smoothly on my 9900 Rogers, my blackberry don't get hot when I use Browser for hours. But there is not no suport for East Asian Font. HazzZ, it will be FABULOUS if this OS supports East Asian Imput.

11-16-11 11:53 AM
    BlackBerry� 9900
    smartphone (3G, Wi-Fi)

Can anyone help, thanks.
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    As soon as you have the chance, please update your profile to include your device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to assist you.

So long as an OS is for the same device, it's compatible. You have a 9900 and this is a 9900 OS, so same goes here. All OS's are made by RIM.

Here's my guide I've previously posted elsewhere. Someone else just contacted me asking for it too, so here you guys go�

Here's my short-version OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, the browser is irrelevant though.)
      *If 100% certain you've previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, navigate to
      �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
      �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss v2.2 or Shrink-A-OS/BBH+ Tool.
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After OS install is complete, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is installed.

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    11-16-11 12:26 PM
    I'm discharging at an average of 11%. Is that horrible or wat?

11-16-11 01:54 PM
    Thank You*!
    I just upgraded to the 9930, I LOVE it! I'm now just waiting on compatible themes and apps.

Thanks Again!
    -JoeyLee*
    There won't be any themes until the RIM release the software to build it. My guess is it will be a loooong time before we will have any themes.
    11-16-11 06:32 PM
    Looks like I lost Vietnamese input capabilities on this file (42k), is there any way I can import this into the current .503 version?

found my answer:
    http://www.tinhte.vn/f495/bo-go-tele...-telex-935870/

Looks like I'll try to install the cod via BBSAK. [Worked, had both Telex and Multi-Tap]
    Last edited by BaconMunch; 11-17-11 at 02:40 AM.
    11-17-11 12:46 AM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD