Doest it have wifi calling or mobile hotspot?
    That would be the forthcoming 7.1.x OS. Hopefully!
    11-14-11 07:27 PM
    Here is my review from the leaked OS thread.

---------

Installed this on my BB Bold 9900 from Bell Mobility here in Canada.

Upgraded from .261 to .353 to .439 and now to .503.

1: The installation was a little bad for me, I got the dreaded 507 error and had to do a device wipe. But the desktop software sorted me out and it's all good now.

2: All my apps like telenav, meterberry, tgrape lock, bebuzz, beweather, MemoryUp, deprocman, poynt, shazam, filescout, opera mini, google maps, angry farm, zombie attack, aces 3d pool, aces traffic pack etc etc. All work 100% fine.

3: After a battery calibration. My battery drain on .261 was 19% on average. On .353 was 11.5% on average. On .439 was 6.3% on average. And on .503 is between 1.2-3.0% on average in meterberry. With all the same apps and configs.

4: The track pad light has got it's fade effect back.

5: On .261 boot time was roughly 90 seconds. On .353 boot time was roughly 65 seconds. On .439 boot time was roughly 50 seconds. On .503 boot time is roughly 45 seconds.

6: Apps and browser loads noticeably faster than .439.

7: GPS locks in solid and quicker than under .439.

8: Appworld seems more stable and smooth.

9: Overall the phone seems smoother and faster in general.

10: Haven't noticed any obvious bugs or had any problems.

Overall it's a quality OS. It's worth installing for anybody still running their stock OS.

-------------------

Ok, just did a full test of my battery life on this OS.

- 2 hours and 45 minutes of total talk time.
    - 11 out going phone calls, 14 incoming phone calls.
    - 15 emails in, 10 emails out.
    - 42 bbm messages in, 40 bbm messages out.
    - 15 txt messages in, 5 txt messages out.
    - 3 pictures.
    - 45 minutes of web surfing on crackberry and other sites.
    - two 5 minute youtube videos.
    - 40 minutes of aces traffic pack.
    - 15 minutes of aces 3d pool.
    - 22 minutes of zombie attack.
    - Bluetooth, gps, wifi and H+ all on. Screen brightness set to 70 with a 30 second time out. Ringer volume on max using an mp3 as ring tone and vibrate on for all notifications.
    - Misc time browsing through menus, checking meterberry and running memory recovery.
    - I've been in a rural area the whole time with an average of 2 to 3 bars of signal strength.

Exactly 15 hours after I took it off the charger, I now have 22% battery life left. Not bad.
    d-tech007, errine, q649 and 4 others like this.
    11-14-11 08:13 PM
    That would be the forthcoming 7.1.x OS. Hopefully!
    I was going to wait for that since my carrier has been saying it would come this month but there is no sign thus far. This one will have to do.
    11-14-11 08:14 PM

---------

1: The installation was a little bad for me, I got the dreaded 507 error and had to do a device wipe. But the desktop software sorted me out and it's all good now.

2: All my apps like telenav, meterberry, tgrape lock, bebuzz, beweather, MemoryUp, deprocman, poynt, shazam, filescout, opera mini, google maps, angry farm, zombie attack, aces 3d pool, aces traffic pack etc etc. All work 100% fine.

3: After a battery calibration. My battery drain on .261 was 19% on average. On .353 was 11.5% on average. On .439 was 6.3% on average. And on .503 is between 1.2-3.0% on average in meterberry. With all the same apps and configs.

5: On .261 boot time was roughly 90 seconds. On .353 boot time was roughly 65 seconds. On .439 boot time was roughly 50 seconds. On .503 boot time is roughly 45 seconds.

Overall it's a quality OS. It's worth installing for anybody still running their stock OS.

-------------------

- 3 pictures.
    - Bluetooth, gps, wifi and H+ all on. Screen brightness set to 70 with a 30 second time out. Ringer volume on max using an mp3 as ring tone and vibrate on for all notifications.
    - Misc time browsing through menus, checking meterberry and running memory recovery.
    - I've been in a rural area the whole time with an average of 2 to 3 bars of signal strength.

Exactly 15 hours after I took it off the charger, I now have 22% battery life left. Not bad.
    This was a great executive summary - thanks for the time to type all these information was a great recommendation.

Thanks a lot team!

Installed and very very happy
    11-14-11 09:10 PM
    Anyone having problems adding logs to Meterberry on this OS? I can't seem to change my Log 2 and 3 from anything other than 'Disabled'
    11-14-11 09:34 PM
    How can I install East Asian font and input (Thai, Vienamese) into this ROM? Tkz

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Install .440, get the cods from there. then inject them via bbsak. I was asking the same question, and someone said he's gonna put up an offline installer(forgot his name), but that didn't happen. So I was looking into the os java folder myself, and able to install East asian fonts and inputs
    11-14-11 10:04 PM
    Guys!!

Been using this on my 9900 from last few days. Ofcoz, downloaded from the leaked thread.

My battery life has amazingly improved.
    It is slick.
    Less lags and no bugs yet.

A must upgrade.

11-14-11 11:03 PM
    already installed this OS but im still in the process of restoring my data.. SMS Restore is taking sooooooo long! i think i have like 12k SMS.. and it has been an hour already.. at least it's progressing <whew>..

can't wait to try this OS!!!
    11-14-11 11:12 PM
    For all you update junkies, .540 has just dropped for the 9900

http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...-fixes-670115/
    11-14-11 11:14 PM
    does it matter if I format my phone before updating? I usual just install the new update
    11-14-11 11:42 PM
    I just uploaded the official release from A1 to my Microsoft Azure CDN account. My download from A1 was painfully slow, so to help my fellow CrackBerry fans, here is the alternate download site.

I will leave it up for the next 2 hours.

http://cdn.agilecdn.com/down/9900_7.0.0.503.exe
    Thank you for that gesture! Downloaded it in no time at all.

After .474's very poor battery performance on my 9900, I hope this one does it for me.
    jchanaga likes this.
    11-15-11 06:58 AM
    bro r u fully wipe with bbsak before update to .503
    or just update via bdm?

---------

-------------------

- 3 pictures.

11-15-11 07:14 AM
    The battery life on this OS is amazing....never thought I could love the phone even more but hey......
    11-15-11 08:41 AM
    bro r u fully wipe with bbsak before update to .503
    or just update via bdm?
    I was just using apploader to install the OS, but then I had a 507 error. So I loaded up BDM and it did a full wipe and install of the OS and away I went.

As an update: I just ran through a full 12 hour shift at work. I used my device for dozens and dozens of emails and txt and bbm plus dozens of short 1 or 2 minute calls. Maybe about 45 minutes of off and on web surfing. Watched 35 minutes of a movie (tower heist) on my lunch break. Played maybe 30 minutes total of aces traffic pack on breaks. Basically just used it full out.

After 12 hours at work plus an additional 2 hours before work off the charger, my battery is currently sitting at 65%.

Gonna have to say, this is the best OS for battery life so far. I am very pleased. I have buddies here with iPhones and Androids and they all are charging their phones off and on all day. My buddy with the new Samsung Galaxy only gets like 4 or 5 hours of heavy usage before it dies. The iPhone guys all get between 5 and 7 hours in this environment.

The bold 9900 now completely blows away both Androids and iPhones when it comes to battery life. No doubt about it. I used to laugh at them when I was using my old curve. I can now once again laugh at them.

I'm not even going to charge it now. Just gonna go to bed and see if I can get through another full 12 hour shift before it dies. I think I can, my idle hourly discharge rate is like 0.8%.

I'll let you guys know how it goes.
    11-15-11 09:20 AM
  15. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I was just using apploader to install the OS, but then I had a 507 error. So I loaded up BDM and it did a full wipe and install of the OS and away I went.

As an update: I just ran through a full 12 hour shift at work. I used my device for dozens and dozens of emails and txt and bbm plus dozens of short 1 or 2 minute calls. Maybe about 45 minutes of off and on web surfing. Watched 35 minutes of a movie (tower heist) on my lunch break. Played maybe 30 minutes total of aces traffic pack on breaks. Basically just used it full out.

Bold 9900 with the new software just rocks!!! ... I agree !!!!!

After 12 hours at work plus an additional 2 hours before work off the charger, my battery is currently sitting at 65%.

Gonna have to say, this is the best OS for battery life so far. I am very pleased. I have buddies here with iPhones and Androids and they all are charging their phones off and on all day. My buddy with the new Samsung Galaxy only gets like 4 or 5 hours of heavy usage before it dies. The iPhone guys all get between 5 and 7 hours in this environment.

The bold 9900 now completely blows away both Androids and iPhones when it comes to battery life. No doubt about it. I used to laugh at them when I was using my old curve. I can now once again laugh at them.

I'm not even going to charge it now. Just gonna go to bed and see if I can get through another full 12 hour shift before it dies. I think I can, my idle hourly discharge rate is like 0.8%.

I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Bold 9900 with the software upgrade just ROCKS!!!! .... amazing battery life!!

11-15-11 09:40 AM
    I just updated the o/s and noticed one difference between this o/s and the previous o/s i had (.474). In the .474 version, my emails were also grouped as one chat (similar to my txt msges) if it was from the same recipient, however, I noticed that in this new o/s, all my emails shows up as separate chats.

anyone else noticed this and know if it's an o/s or settings thing?

This is very minor, but I was just curious.

Thanks!
    11-15-11 10:11 AM
    I just updated the o/s and noticed one difference between this o/s and the previous o/s i had (.474). In the .474 version, my emails were also grouped as one chat (similar to my txt msges) if it was from the same recipient, however, I noticed that in this new o/s, all my emails shows up as separate chats.
    Pretty sure that just the Display Style (in Messages -> Options -> Message Display). Default is "Single Messages" and you can change that to "Group by Subject". Many of these settings reset themselves whenever you do an OS upgrade.
    t-dot likes this.
    11-15-11 10:27 AM
    Loaded 503 ... my reaction is "meh"

Battery suck down remains at about 5% per hour.

I think I'll hold on this OS for a while ... this is my 3rd OS update in the last 6 days!
    11-15-11 10:30 AM
    everyone is going on about how good the battery life is on this one. My battery is draining at 20-25%/hr with this build
    11-15-11 11:31 AM
    Pretty sure that just the Display Style (in Messages -> Options -> Message Display). Default is "Single Messages" and you can change that to "Group by Subject". Many of these settings reset themselves whenever you do an OS upgrade.
    Thanks! that did the trick!
    11-15-11 11:38 AM
    Loaded 503 ... my reaction is "meh"

Battery suck down remains at about 5% per hour.

I think I'll hold on this OS for a while ... this is my 3rd OS update in the last 6 days!
    Did you loaded de OS with a full battery? - if not that is why..

11-15-11 12:38 PM
    Hopefully this one helps with my battery life, phone is dead by 1-2pm i was running that last update from WIND and it sucked big time.
    11-15-11 01:26 PM
    I'm on 261, the phones just a few days old, I get a full day from the phone, should I upgrade? I'm in India if that matters?

11-15-11 01:50 PM
    I don't understand all these battery problems. I've been through all leaked and not leaked firmwares and they are all about the same.

Been running my Bold 9900 for the day (just over 12 hours since disconnect) and I'm at 85% battery. With WIFI off, BT On, 4G on all day.
    I'm not a heavy user, but all of these people complaining about it not lasting a day, I have to say there must be an App draining the battery....
    11-15-11 01:51 PM
    Leaked .540 is out
    Time to move from this forum
    11-15-11 02:01 PM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD