You need to re set this after every battery pull/reboot.

You can also access via Advance OS and LED using Instant Launch with the setting saved on re boot.

Setting is net_rim_bb_device_analyze
    Thank Eagle, that worked for me.
    07-23-12 01:45 PM
    I am going to ask a stupid question on this update, but I seem to be having a problem since the last two updates. The short of it is that the phone/software does not recognize the update. Not sure why. So you know I have done these updates many times. I do the update through the Loader after deleting the old OS and upload the new OS. I also delete the vendor file. But when the loader runs it does not recognize that I have a new OS available. I am currently running 7.1.0.428.

Any help will be appreciated.
    Quite often there can be 2 vendor.xml files

Do a search of your hard drive making sure to check the "search for hidden files" box or run something like Vendelete.

Chances are that this is your problem.
    Willard814 and Hairbear1954 like this.
    07-23-12 01:46 PM
    I am an AT&T customer in one of "those areas" that has the mic issue on the newer 7.1 builds.

I can confirm that NOPE, no mic, which sucks. It kind of explains why AT&T hasn't released it yet, I suppose.

So far, the best version for a 9900 user on AT&T is 7.1.0.437.
    mnhockeycoach99 and Chaddface like this.
    07-23-12 01:48 PM
    is the policy lock on by default on this OS? or has it come off without factory reset?

IT policy is Disabled by default for me on this OS !
    zocster likes this.
    07-23-12 01:57 PM
    IT policy is Disabled by default for me on this OS !
    Mind gone blank, remind me how to check please.
    07-23-12 01:59 PM
    Mind gone blank, remind me how to check please.

Go under status type "buyr"
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    07-23-12 02:01 PM
    Go under status type "buyr"
    Thanks, was having a "senior moment"

Same here, the dreaded IT Policy is no more.
    07-23-12 02:05 PM
    I am going to ask a stupid question on this update, but I seem to be having a problem since the last two updates. The short of it is that the phone/software does not recognize the update. Not sure why. So you know I have done these updates many times. I do the update through the Loader after deleting the old OS and upload the new OS. I also delete the vendor file. But when the loader runs it does not recognize that I have a new OS available. I am currently running 7.1.0.428.

Any help will be appreciated.
    I was having the same problem recently.

Go into programs and delete all installed OS on your system ( assuming windows). Install .569 on your system, when this is complete run Vendelete to remove all vendor files.......usually 2 of them. At this point you want to disconnect from the internet. Once disconnect from the internet us the Loader or Blackberry Desktop Software which should detect the new software immediately. (I used the later this time and all worked flawlessly.)

Hope this helps
    Willard814 and Hairbear1954 like this.
    07-23-12 02:06 PM
    Does NFC work for tmo?
    NFC working on TMO
    ambarmetta likes this.
    07-23-12 02:08 PM
    Quite often there can be 2 vendor.xml files

Do a search of your hard drive making sure to check the "search for hidden files" box or run something like Vendelete.

Chances are that this is your problem.
    Thanks! That did the trick! I never had to do that before, but after finding that second file, deleting it, everything is working fine.

Thanks again for the advice!
    07-23-12 02:11 PM
    Thanks, was having a "senior moment"

Same here, the dreaded IT Policy is no more.
    I wish I could say the same...........IT Policy is enabled for myself!
    07-23-12 02:12 PM
    I was having the same problem recently.

Go into programs and delete all installed OS on your system ( assuming windows). Install .569 on your system, when this is complete run Vendelete to remove all vendor files.......usually 2 of them. At this point you want to disconnect from the internet. Once disconnect from the internet us the Loader or Blackberry Desktop Software which should detect the new software immediately. (I used the later this time and all worked flawlessly.)

Hope this helps
    Another stupid questions, but what is Vendelete? I'll run a search here on CB and imagine I'll find it, but if you can point me in the right direction. I would appreciate it!
    07-23-12 02:13 PM
    I've created a torrent of the original file on The Pirate Bay. I'll keep it active as long as I can. Many thanks to the CB community.

BlackBerry Bold 9900 Official OS 7.1.0.569 (download torrent) - TPB
    Willard814 likes this.
    07-23-12 02:15 PM
    Another stupid questions, but what is Vendelete? I'll run a search here on CB and imagine I'll find it, but if you can point me in the right direction. I would appreciate it!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/
    Hairbear1954 and LuisCast like this.
    07-23-12 02:16 PM
    Vendelete is a program which finds all vendor files for you. Once they are found, you are prompted as to whether or not you would like to delete them. It has been working great for my self. I imagine you probably already found a link to it. If not just google it and you will find a free download for it. Vendelete+ actually.

You were able to load the new OS without disconnecting from the internet?
    07-23-12 02:19 PM
    I wish I could say the same...........IT Policy is enabled for myself!
    Are you a BIS or BES user ?

If you are BES it will always be there as default whereas it should not be on BIS.

From .402 to .528 it appeared for BIS users for some unknown reason.
    07-23-12 02:19 PM
    Are you a BIS or BES user ?

If you are BES it will always be there as default whereas it should not be on BIS.

From .402 to .528 it appeared for BIS users for some unknown reason.
    Duh........it was my turn for a senior moment!
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    07-23-12 02:20 PM
    Thanks! I found it.
    I know, I should have looked before asking!
    07-23-12 02:22 PM
    I don't think I'm jumping on this one. 523 gave me many spinning clocks. Still haven't found an os for me that's better than the tmobile 284 for my att. No mic issues. No browser lag, no memory leak.
    07-23-12 02:24 PM
    I don't think I'm jumping on this one. 523 gave me many spinning clocks. Still haven't found an os for me that's better than the tmobile 284 for my att. No mic issues. No browser lag, no memory leak.

This OS would really grant your wishes, it's very snappy im pretty sure it's night and day compared to the old .284
    07-23-12 02:29 PM
    But it's OK to let someone else do it for you !!!

Great community spirit.
    Umm, I don't control what anyone else does on this site. If nobody wants to download it, fine by me... I guess I'll have to weigh my options then and figure out whether or not it is worth it or not.

On a side note, why the snarky comment? Seriously, I was just asking a question of those that do happen to take the time to download it. I answer questions in the forums on a regular basis so I didn't think asking for feedback from my fellow CrackBerry members on their experience with the new OS was a crime..
    deezy87 likes this.
    07-23-12 02:29 PM

On a side note, why the snarky comment?
    He's a pom, nuf said...

peace bro... hehehehe.
    07-23-12 02:53 PM
    sorry what does .046 mean?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    do the math (smile)
    07-23-12 02:54 PM
    do the math (smile)

love the comedians on this thread tonight!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    rroyy likes this.
    07-23-12 02:58 PM
    Just found out this exists.

Do I stay on .523 which is solid for me or do I upgrade

Decisions, decisions, decisions. ????.
    07-23-12 03:00 PM
518 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD