Great to all Crackberry member
    My boss having trouble with his dakota after instaling this version....the handset keep restarting and the mic didn't work ,so he have to plug his handsfree if he want to make a phone call.....anybody has the same issued..?
    If it's related to this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-mode-393780/, then you'll need to try the tips within it. If that doesn't work, then take advantage of the warranty.
    12-30-11 05:56 AM
    mine also does this, from 99+ it drops to 92, then fast until 70 when it drains very slow and extends the battery... is this normal?
    I installed .590 last Thursday, and I'm still using it. Apart from the battery reading bug (not just MeterBerry), I'm getting good battery performance. Of course, when you know that there is a bug in how the device measures the battery level, it's hard to know exactly what's going on, but I've been getting long days of moderate use on a single charge.

The pattern I seem to observe is this. I take it off the charger in the morning. It stays at 100% for about an hour (I don't use my phone much during that time period), then drops to 92%. For the next two or three hours, it declines pretty rapidly, and then much more slowly. When I put it on the charger at night, after 16-18 hours, it usually shows 30-40% left. Of course, I don't know what that really means, but the important thing is that I'm getting enough time to be able to use the phone as I normally used my 9780, without consciously "rationing" myself, without having to charge it during the day.

In the normal course of things, if I have an opportunity to top up the battery during the day, I do it. But sometimes I don't have an opportunity, and it's important to me that I don't have to worry about that.

I hope there will be an update that fixes the battery reading bug, but I can live with that for now.
    I notice the exact same thing with my BB on this release.

It drops very fast from 100 to like 70-60% within a few hours even if BB is hardly used, then slows down a lot. Could that be the OS still not fully settled in?

Aside that I am getting what I can call a fairy good battery life out it. Jumping from my BB9k, I had to force it in 2G to last that long with the same use.

So for me it is lasting about 1.5-1.7 day so far with 1 full charge so about 36-40h.

Note BB is new so is the battery and was never used on anything else.
    OS was installed after a full wipe of the device.

My average use during a day is like :
    - constant 4G unless underground.
    - constant text (30-35 sms / day)
    - email reading & answering (10-15 days)
    - a 1-2 hour of calls day using bluetooth headset.
    - some browsing with Opera.
    - some social network (facebook/twitter: both set on no updates)
    - weather network (updates every 1h)
    - wifi always off.
    - bluetooth on and off.
    - connections off while sleeping (6-7h)

I mainly use my device for texting/emailing, giving calls (always with bluetooth headset), update my social networks when not around a computer, read a few things on the web.

1 week I am running this OS, 3 charges so far and no major issues I can remember of.

Dunno if that feedback can help anyone but here it is.

Regards.

--
    TWH
    12-30-11 10:52 AM
    Alright guys I'm noticing the same thing in terms of the battery now that its been a few days. I had my phone on yestderday and today not even an hour.. I just check my bank info, emails and txts, and I'm down to 90%. I've had my phone on 5hrs now with mild texting and very limited internet and a few emails, and I'm at 70%. It got to 70% damn quick, and I still got a lot of day left so I'm a bit worried. My extended battery can't come quick enough!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-11 11:37 AM
    i tried logging out of IM (gtalk and ym) and the battery seems to last longer. either one of these apps might be leaking battery life.
    12-30-11 10:50 PM
    i tried logging out of IM (gtalk and ym) and the battery seems to last longer. either one of these apps might be leaking battery life.
    Facebook seems to be one of them too. Logged out and so far so good, battery life is excellent now.
    12-30-11 11:02 PM
    Interesting piece of info I learned guys!

The reason my battery might be draining faster than I think is this.

Yesterday I had VERY high usage of my phone... lots of calls, txts, emails, and internet. By the end of the day I had about 30-35% battery life left (and all of my friends with iphones were complaining that their phone was gonna die any minute...).

I went home, hung out for a while, then charged my phone on my car charger for the 15mins it took to drive to my friends house. That charge lasted me until 2am, where I still had 30-35% battery life left, whereas my other friend with an iPhone4s, phone had died.

I put the phone on the charger. I saw by morning it had fully charged. I unplugged it. I started it up several hours later. I checked and wrote back to 2 txts. I look at the battery, and it's not full. WTF? I go into the device properties, and it's only at 85% battery charge! So for some reason, my phone didn't fully charge last night, but the green led lit up telling me that it did charge last night. Odd. I put the phone on the charger for another 15mins or so, and now I have 100% battery. I made 2 calls... one around 5mins and one around 1min, and I'm still sitting at 90% battery, with being off the charger for prolly an hour or so.

But I think my problem with reading so low is, my phone is telling me it's fully charged, but in actuality it's not.
    12-31-11 11:19 AM
    Ok, I had to exchange mine because it was freezing up and was taking too long to reboot...anyway, I immediately installed .590 and Wow battery Did drop to 92% in a second after going from 99+%.
    12-31-11 03:37 PM
    Battery ain't that good...

Hotfile Mirror
    12-31-11 05:58 PM
    Alright. Been a couple weeks since I've been on pure .590. The first week or so was extremely awesome battery life with discharge rate going to a maximum of 5-7% per hour and around 0.50% - 2% per hour during idle periods. This kept the phone going for about 10-15 hours depending on usage every day between charges. Never had such an amazing battery life in a long time!!

Fast forward to now. A few resets later - the rapid discharge happens. Meaning, before, when I took the phone off charge - about 30 minutes later when Meterberry did a battery check, the discharge rate would be between the rates I mentioned above based on how much I used the phone after taking it off charger.

But now, right when I take the phone off charge, whether I use the phone or not.. discharge rate goes to upto 45%!! And then gradually decreases.. but by the time it "settles" to an acceptable discharge rate on idle of a max of 7% - I've lost about 40% battery.

I'm going to try the .540 and .590 radio swap thingie now.
    01-01-12 10:28 PM
    I'm going to try the .540 and .590 radio swap thingie now.
    You can't radio swap with .590
    01-01-12 10:35 PM
    Ok, I downgraded to .503 and I will stick with this one until that battery drop of 99 to 92 bug is completely gone.
    01-01-12 10:44 PM
    Thanks! While following the post once again, I noticed .585 .. and did it with .585. Just returned to normal. Going to do a few spot resets to see what's up.
    01-02-12 02:20 AM
    But you can with .585 !!
    01-02-12 04:21 AM
    guys,
    at the end, which is the most stable version?
    i want to upgrade from a very old version.
    01-03-12 06:53 AM
    guys,
    at the end, which is the most stable version?
    i want to upgrade from a very old version.
    I have had and am still having excellent results with the .585/.503 or .540 Hybrid.

Best OS I have used to date.
    01-03-12 06:55 AM
    I have had and am still having excellent results with the .585/.503 or .540 Hybrid.

Best OS I have used to date.
    Thank you.
    I had previously the 585/540. It worked great.
    Can you point me to the post where i can find how to mix the two builds?
    I forgot where it was!

I found it! It was in the thread for 585, second page!
    Last edited by azie; 01-03-12 at 07:04 AM. Reason: DONE
    01-03-12 06:58 AM
    Having ran all of there versions I still found .590 or .579 the best for battery. Although
    .585 was very smooth.

I am running an OS 7.1 hybrid at the moment that is a lot better on battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-12 07:51 AM
    Can someone do me a huge favor and post up the default theme cod? Thanks.
    01-03-12 03:13 PM
    Too many posts to read....but I'm still rocking the .585/.503 radio. My battery life withstands a heavy day's usage; email, text, heavy web browsing, social networks (none set to update intervals). And that's on my off days, if I'm working which impedes about 6-8 hours of usage, by the time I head to bed I still have 40-50% remaining and I don't know what to do.........charge it or not. But I tend to charge it on the pod either way. My Japan/Mexico battery has been performing quite well. No more 92% issues which I believe was only with the defective .5xx builds. Figured I'd let give you guys an update since I haven't been on here in a couple of weeks. Bottom line, .585 with .503 radio hybrid gives me about 16 hours of usage......but with 20%~30% remaining.
    01-04-12 07:36 PM
    @gordon, just wondering whether your hybrid has the capability to tether without additional charges. With seemingly all the big carriers, at least in the US, clamping down on the mobile hotspot capability of the 7.1 without the tethering plan, I discovered that .590 enables me to tether to my laptop via desktop software. .540 did not give me this capability, but i never tried this with .250 though.

While i am happy with the battery life of .590, (it can give me 24 hours with light use, and it can easily give me 12 hours with moderate usage with some to spare despite the rapid drop from 100% to 92% drop in battery charge within 1 hour), it gives me an additonal capability, that is to tether to my laptop in case bridge is too slow with the PB.
    01-04-12 11:45 PM
    -edit nevermind
    Last edited by zaimbat; 01-06-12 at 10:29 AM.
    01-06-12 04:41 AM
    Before this thread gets forgotten and lost, I wanted to update you one last time of my recent findings with this OS.

Get a sit because I know some of you will have a hard time believe this as I was as surprised myself.

I made it to 3 days without a charge + 2 nights (radio turned off)!

I will just relate you things how they happened so you can make your conclusions by yourself.

Last week I received my brand new leather back battery cover from truesupplier.

Obviously first thing I did was to put in on! I so love it!

When I arrived at work, it was time to get my device on charge it was 3-5% and i plugged it in on usb cable connected on my computer at 2pm to remove it at 100% charge around 6pm.

Usually after a 100% charge I was pulling off the battery, since I read somewhere it was helping the OS to settling in. Since I was at work I did not have any appropriate tool remove the battery cover and since it was new did not want to screw it up already, so I only did a ALT+SHIFT+DEL, then once again right after it started loading (I read somewhere 2x ALT+SHIFT+DEL was the same as a battery pull).

Back on the OS my first surprise was to see I still had 100% charge.
    It stayed there for some time then dropped to 90% (it never drops to 92% for me, it always go to 90%, 85%, 80%...). I was expecting this number to drop the usual way I was getting before, meaning real fast to 70% and getting a longer time between the drops like explained in my previous posts.

But it did not happen.

When i went to bed around 2am I was still at 85% charge .
    I went back to the menu a few times, no mistakes in the readings.
    I was like ok, that is a mistake with the reading it will drop heavily during the night.
    Put the phone in sleep mode and when i turned it back on at 8am or so was still at 80%, when I was usually at 60% after the same usage before.

I started to think, maybe that's what others call having OS settling in?

So I continued using the bold like i usually do, mainly for texting/reading-answering emails.

After a full day of moderate use (i think i had no calls), was left at 55% when i went to bed around 2am. Once again put the device in sleep mode to wake up on a 45% battery.

After one other day I ended up at 25% when I went to sleep a bit earlier around 1am.

Was left with 20% when I woke up.

And when I plugged it back on around 4pm it was in the red zone (bellow 10%) around 7% just after I gave a call if I remember correctly which could have lasted at least 2-3h.

My bold 9k was not even able to last this long idling and forced on EDGE.

Bottom line, I can easily make it to full 48h with 4G without trying to save for battery to last longer.

For the moment I am happy with this OS, it fits my needs it seems.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Hope this helps.
    royeight likes this.
    01-09-12 10:04 AM
    02-17-12 11:30 AM
323 ... 111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD