Help please! First time trying to load an OS to my Blackberry 9900 using Apploader. Followed Elite's instructions...Stuck at add/delete part of wizard after launching loader. If I try to add the new OS manually to the list from my temp directory, it won't let me. Does it matter where the 590 OS is folder wise? Do I even add it here or hot next to another screen. Thanks! I'm a little nervous after previous JVM issues on rogers stock os.
    12-22-11 02:22 PM
    Ok if you did the .exe install then deleted the vendor.xml files.

Then go to the loader directory and run loader.exe from the apploader dir.

This should then find the phones PIN number and start the install.

Select the required pieces of software you need and install away.
    12-22-11 02:35 PM
    Anybody notice a glitch with the led notification? Last couple of hours I've noticed it flashed once or twice then stops? Other then that a pretty decent OS I think......
    12-22-11 02:35 PM
    Ok if you did the .exe install then deleted the vendor.xml files.

Then go to the loader directory and run loader.exe from the apploader dir.

This should then find the phones PIN number and start the install.

Select the required pieces of software you need and install away.
    Stupid question...did all above (and used all req steps in Elite's manual). In Apploader, I see "apps" listed to add which are standard ones including bebuzz...but shows no mention on the OS anywhere. Should I see the new OS referenced in that list?

Thanks
    12-22-11 03:49 PM
    Pure .590 running for over 5 hours now, pretty happy with it.
    And now i dont need to use EDGE. 3G has pretty good battery life
    12-22-11 05:19 PM
    Finally got it to load. Thanks for help. Way more stable then stock crap that Rogers provided it with...
    12-22-11 06:02 PM
    ...Hoping signal strength improves and less dropped calls!
    12-22-11 06:05 PM
    Updating...
    0000 - full charge
    0330 - 90% just Gmail 3rd party app running in the background on top of whatever the usual stuff is running. Will report back later.
    2200 - 65% still same Gmail app running, used Google maps for 10 min or so, took 3-4 calls, 20 or so text messages, 20 min of browsing on internet
    -- second day --
    0440 - 60% since 2200, wasn't really used at all since I was sleeping... interesting that my battery percentages only go by 5% though... not sure if you guys are reporting using 3rd party apps to get more accurate numbers?
    2000 - 50% ... was at work so didn't use it much, and then maybe one phone call, a few texts, and browsing...

I think battery life is good enough for me, but keep in mind I have not tried other OS before. I just got my 9900 a couple days ago and immediately updated to this one since it came out as well.

Anyone having trouble with bebuzz working correctly? I have 5.0.16, just the free version and I'm testing out the coverage indicator... normally if you turn it on it's green by default right? But, I tried changing it to some other color in bebuzz and then it just doesn't flash any LED colors after I do that.
    12-22-11 07:04 PM
    Updating...
    0000 - full charge
    0330 - 90% just Gmail 3rd party app running in the background on top of whatever the usual stuff is running. Will report back later.
    2200 - 65% still same Gmail app running, used Google maps for 10 min or so, took 3-4 calls, 20 or so text messages, 20 min of browsing on internet
    -- second day --
    0440 - 60% since 2200, wasn't really used at all since I was sleeping... interesting that my battery percentages only go by 5% though... not sure if you guys are reporting using 3rd party apps to get more accurate numbers?
    2000 - 50% ... was at work so didn't use it much, and then maybe one phone call, a few texts, and browsing...

I think battery life is good enough for me, but keep in mind I have not tried other OS before. I just got my 9900 a couple days ago and immediately updated to this one since it came out as well.

Anyone having trouble with bebuzz working correctly? I have 5.0.16, just the free version and I'm testing out the coverage indicator... normally if you turn it on it's green by default right? But, I tried changing it to some other color in bebuzz and then it just doesn't flash any LED colors after I do that.
    wow. Really a good OS for you. Even mine cant get par with your's.
    12-22-11 08:47 PM
    any other feedback regarding this OS, esp about battery life?
    12-22-11 10:36 PM
    I've seen a lot in this forum over the years, but pretty shocked to see this kind of antisemitism.

Perhaps you're both afraid that should the Jews get their OS on too many phones they will be able to take over the worlds governments?
    +1 If i had power here first thing i will do is boot those clowns out from this forum. Im sure mods saw their posts but...anyway just ignore those clowns
    12-22-11 10:39 PM
    any other feedback regarding this OS, esp about battery life?
    the only problem i found was 100% battery life and drops to 95-90%. hoping the next full charge i give it (tonight) might fix it....maybe the os just needs time to settle in.

been looking for answers everywhere but cant find any!
    12-22-11 10:43 PM
    it does not look like a lot are excited over this OS...but i have just installed this on my phone....I hope that this performs better than .540
    12-23-11 12:10 AM
    the only problem i found was 100% battery life and drops to 95-90%.
    I have also verified this for myself. I updated to this OS past midnight and just after a couple of minutes of checking it out when I tried to check the batt life throguh device options, and there it was..90%.

I went to bed @past 1am and rose at 7am. Battery is @ 80%.

BTW, I am on 2G and location services set to off.

My BeBuzz settings were completely erased. I need to set the LED notifications one by one again.
    Last edited by sbx9900; 12-23-11 at 06:56 AM.
    12-23-11 06:51 AM
    Same probleM as with .585 battery drop from 100 to 92, overall battery performance is not bad
    I noticed one thing in all os that the rate( irrespect of usage) at wich battery drop from 100 to 50 is different from 50 to 0, in simple words battery from 50 to 0 drop way faster than 100 to 50(irrespect of usage) . Have anyone noticed that ?
    12-23-11 09:22 AM
    @ how many charges did you notice it?
    Take in note if you charged it up once, you can't really tell.
    It takes some time before the battery settles in with the OS.
    So it can be funky at Times.

@i have noticed this almost everytime
    12-23-11 10:20 AM
    Been running .590 since yesterday. Because of the battery meter glitch, I really can't tell how fast the battery is draining. I'll just have to see how long it lasts. I've been using the device quite a lot today, but no more than I've used it before, running .585/.540, so if it doesn't last as long, I'll have a good indication that it's the OS. I've done a number of battery pulls (not resets) too.

A couple of bugs:

1. If I'm in the Text Message folder/app and use the backup key to exit, I go to the message list, which is what should happen. The next press of the backup key should take me back to the Home Screen, but it doesn't. Instead, the message list just "shimmers" a bit, and I need to press the backup key again to get to the Home Screen.

2. I was playing a podcast, and stopped in the middle to go do something, as I often do. When I used Application Switcher to get back to the podcast, and pressed Play, there was no sound. The elapsed time indicator showed the podcast as playing, but there was nothing audible. I hadn't seen this on any previous version of the OS (or on any previous OS on earlier BB models).

I'll give .590 another day or two to settle in, but so far I haven't seen anything to make me want to keep it longer than that.
    12-23-11 11:30 AM
    I can confirm ... the sudden drop of battery from 100 to 92 is here. 590 and 540.
    back to 503 for the moment
    12-23-11 01:19 PM
    how do you guys see the 100 to 92 drop? i don't have it at all and battery life seems really good for me.

one thing about the 9900, even if the battery life isn't as good it charges 3 times faster then the 9700. it's amazing how fast the OS7 devices charge!
    12-23-11 01:43 PM
    The install when well for me. However, my battery level only showed 85% after over night charge. So, I unplugged it and plugged it in again and it said 100% after 2 minutes of charging

I down graded to .585 last and had the same issue this morning with my battery level @ 85% after an over night charge. I'm wondering if this is a battery issue or a software issue?
    12-23-11 02:06 PM
    mostly people see the 99+ to 92% battery drop with a battery application,
    or in options > device > device and status informations and scroll a lil bit down.
    yeah the 9900 is charged up pretty fast, i would sacrifice the fast charge with a slow,
    charge if my battery lasts longer lol. wouldn't mind that lol
    Just fully charged my phone, took it off, and checked. Says 100%, hasn't happened to me on any OS. Starting to think it's an app or similar apps that everybody has downloaded that is causing the problem.

I do wish the battery lasted longer, but I'll take the performance gains and fast charging over a 9700. Still use a 9700 for a work phone and it's just not worth the performance loss for better battery life in my opinion.
    12-23-11 03:03 PM
    I D/L the .590 using IE7 saved it in a folder removed the vendor.xml file, ran the Loader file. Nope, nothing. No where it shows the .590 and no where it tells me an update is available. Never been able to figure out what am I doing wrong. Read every bit of advise in posts explaining how to update but does not work. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I am running v7.0.0.353/5.0.0.544 at the moment. IS it even worth it to update to .590?
    12-23-11 04:18 PM
    I D/L the .590 using IE7 saved it in a folder removed the vendor.xml file, ran the Loader file. Nope, nothing. No where it shows the .590 and no where it tells me an update is available. Never been able to figure out what am I doing wrong. Read every bit of advise in posts explaining how to update but does not work. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I am running v7.0.0.353/5.0.0.544 at the moment. IS it even worth it to update to .590?
    There are 2 vendor.xml files u need to delete.
    hukerikar likes this.
    12-23-11 04:44 PM
    Where can I find the second vendor.xml file.
    12-23-11 04:59 PM
    I could find only one vendor.xml file. Please tell me the location of the second file. Thanks.
    12-23-11 05:02 PM
323 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD