Okay something happened... How do i understand if .150 cods have been installed?
    Thanks.
    12-21-11 10:48 AM
    Few pages back i've attach cods from .150. Inject or install it along OS.
    What are benefits of those cod files when compared to .590 cod files ??
    12-21-11 11:00 AM
    The compass keeps asking to recalibrate every 5 seconds.

Anyone else notice that the 9900 compass is junk? (doesn't seem to matter what OS, I've had to recalibrate the thing a billion times, both on my dead one and its replacement)
    12-21-11 11:00 AM
    The compass keeps asking to recalibrate every 5 seconds.

Anyone else notice that the 9900 compass is junk? (doesn't seem to matter what OS, I've had to recalibrate the thing a billion times, both on my dead one and its replacement)
    what is practical use of this compass app other than pointing north...
    12-21-11 11:07 AM
    you can try .579 SFI, i just installed .590 + 170 cods of .150/.579 Radio, so far so good( I did a couple of reboot and no problem)...the speed is very fast (for browser and third apps like FB, appworld), smooth and it feels lighter than .585/.503, hopefully the battery life is also as good as .503 Radio....let's see for the next few days.
    Does the .579 radio file cure the battery meter dropping from 100% to 92% like .540 and .503 did with .585 build ?

I just have a suspicion that any radio file newer than .540 will create this problem.
    12-21-11 11:09 AM
    I have downloaded and made sure all vendor files have been deleted, but the apploader or DM will not recognize that there is a new update.. I have tried uninstall/reinstall, multiple times.. I give up.. Truley begining to hate BB
    12-21-11 11:11 AM
    I have downloaded and made sure all vendor files have been deleted, but the apploader or DM will not recognize that there is a new update.. I have tried uninstall/reinstall, multiple times.. I give up.. Truley begining to hate BB
    Try downloading it again, delete the vendor files again, restart your computer, check to make sure vebdor files aren't back and should work.

When I installed this I had to delete the vendor file twice in the app loader file. It showed back up after installing dm.
    12-21-11 11:22 AM
    What are benefits of those cod files when compared to .590 cod files ??
    It make the OS much snappier.
    12-21-11 11:24 AM
    Does the .579 radio file cure the battery meter dropping from 100% to 92% like .540 and .503 did with .585 build ?

I just have a suspicion that any radio file newer than .540 will create this problem.
    The battery drop is not the OS problem but the meterberry. I'm metering my battery by using E-screen and there are no 100 - 92% .

Meterberry is not playing well in newer build.
    12-21-11 11:34 AM
    The battery drop is not the OS problem but the meterberry. I'm metering my battery by using E-screen and there are no 100 - 92% .

Meterberry is not playing well in newer build.
    That was the initial conclusion, but some posters have deleted MeterBerry and found that the problem is still there.

I think that after some research Phill_UK who is pretty clued up on OS matters concluded that it is not a MeterBerry issue.
    12-21-11 11:38 AM
    getting excellent battery life, better than .585 for sure

phone has been on wifi and network for about 13 hours in my house, very little use, and have 60% remaining

also, have not noticed the 100-92 drop, even in .585. no meterberry installed here
    12-21-11 11:41 AM
    hi can anyone please give input whether this OS have simplified chinese input or not ?
    cause i'm confused
    all language doesn't have'm
    i know jasia have them
    but does multi language have it ?
    12-21-11 12:16 PM
    Is this drop only being seen when the battery level is checked with an app, such as Meterberry? Or does Options>Device>Device ans Status Information show the same drop?

Just checked with system one says 93 not 92 ?!
    12-21-11 12:22 PM
    yeah, i just wanted to try it out, but it didn't worked out lol, for a brief moment i thought i was stuck there and forever fail.
    anyways i have searched the problem up and already solved it for FFF sake.
    i guess the .590 is on a newer platform / OS then the .-540, and wouldn't work together at all?
    but something like .590/.579 could work out, maybe i'm going to try it out later, but not for now.
    atm i'm back at .585/.540 because i need my phone for work, i can't risk it for testing since i don't have a second phone.
    Same here, the Bold is my work lifeline so can't risk killing it for the sake of experimenting when it is currently working great.

If anyone does try any new Hybrid combinations that work please share.
    12-21-11 12:35 PM
    I'd like to use it for the Wikitude browser... but if it keeps recalibrating all the time it will be more of a nuisance than anything.
    12-21-11 12:35 PM
    This is way off topic, but in some areas it is illegal to go walking in the woods without a compass. I don't know if they ever enforce it as a law, but I hear it mentioned every now and then when they need to bring out search and rescue to find somebody lost in the woods. If you have your Blackberry 9900, you not only have a compass but a GPS to find the way out.
    12-21-11 12:53 PM
    Holy fack, used my phone for 15 minutes and batt went down to 85 percent from being on the charger all night lol. Not a good sign. Where my 7.1 at?!!!!
    12-21-11 01:14 PM
    I recently installed the 7.0.0.590 & so far it has not had a glitch or bottle neck..... i mean i'm yet to see that annoying clock on my screen & sleep/wake is a snap. i don't know about the battery life/performance so far but sincerely i'm loving thing...
    12-21-11 01:37 PM
    Would someone comment on adding (replacing) .cod files from 7.1.0.150 to this build? Any benefit or comment?
    12-21-11 02:28 PM
    Try downloading it again, delete the vendor files again, restart your computer, check to make sure vebdor files aren't back and should work.

When I installed this I had to delete the vendor file twice in the app loader file. It showed back up after installing dm.
    hi ! first im french so sory for my bad english ... i have the same prob ! is not my first time i instal more then 25 time ! but this one i cant install it ! i try whit 3 pc i delete the vendor files ! restart lot of time i realy dont understand whats going on whit this one !
    12-21-11 02:34 PM
    hi ! first im french so sory for my bad english ... i have the same prob ! is not my first time i instal more then 25 time ! but this one i cant install it ! i try whit 3 pc i delete the vendor files ! restart lot of time i realy dont understand whats going on whit this one !
    Elite1 posted his full guide earlier in the thread. If you are having issues I think the relevant bit is the following:

If Vendor isn't found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS

Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
    �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    Restart PC.
    Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).

Bon chance!
    12-21-11 02:45 PM
    downloading......hope to see the differences....
    you will definably but the batt drain seems viscous. hope that will improve but the os comes close to the speed of the 7.1 leak.
    12-21-11 03:13 PM
    hi can anyone please give input whether this OS have simplified chinese input or not ?
    cause i'm confused
    all language doesn't have'm
    i know jasia have them
    but does multi language have it ?
    This OS does not have chinese input. You can easily add it in from the .540 all language OS. All I did was select all from the .540 Java folder, and paste all into the new .590 Java folder, and did not choose to replace, only copy over files that didn't existed (i.e. the language files from .540).
    10-Dee-Q likes this.
    12-21-11 03:19 PM
    Elite1 posted his full guide earlier in the thread. If you are having issues I think the relevant bit is the following:

If Vendor isn't found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS

Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
    �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    Restart PC.
    Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).

Bon chance!

thx a lot for yor help ! but i follow all yor instruction and it dont work again ....! i realy dont understand why ! im not happy right now lol! so... i try instale a older os but dont work too ...
    12-21-11 03:25 PM
    thx a lot for yor help ! but i follow all yor instruction and it dont work again ....! i realy dont understand why ! im not happy right now lol! so... i try instale a older os but dont work too ...
    Sorry it didn't work for you. I was having issues but followed this about an hour ago and now I have .590 on my BB. Hopefully someone who knows a lot more than me will come to your help. Elite1 has always helped me.
    12-21-11 04:17 PM
323 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD