For those of you that are using the OEM Holster that came with the 9900/9930, are you putting the phone screen in or screen out? Also, I have read that some are really tight, but that doesn't seem to be the case with mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-11 10:39 AM
    Screen out. Its supposed to be that way for the notification light to peep on the top. Although when i go to the beach, or any other place with dust, i place the phone head in so that dust doesnt come in the earpiece (experienced that with my old torch)

10-05-11 11:07 AM
    Screen out. Its supposed to be that way for the notification light to peep on the top. Although when i go to the beach, or any other place with dust, i place the phone head in so that dust doesnt come in the earpiece (experienced that with my old torch)

So either way is OK as far as not damaging the phone or scratching the screen?
    10-05-11 11:20 AM
    I swear there were some posts on the forum where ppl were advising that the oem holster SCRATCHED the phone...i'm too lazy to post the link...but I know i saw it.
    10-05-11 11:27 AM
    I always put mine face down in the holster , I never thought about having it face up to be able to see the notification light.
    10-05-11 11:31 AM
    It seems to fit a little too snug when I put it in face out. Seems like a perfect fit when face in. I guess this thing should have come with instructions........
    10-05-11 11:39 AM
    Be sure to rip out the little tag inside the pouch out completely.. that way there's no chance of scratching the screen.

10-05-11 12:23 PM
    Be sure to rip out the little tag inside the pouch out completely.. that way there's no chance of scratching the screen.

how did u do that i can barely fit my hand inside the case
    10-05-11 01:52 PM
    screen out. look at all the pictures of all the websites that sell the holster. as people have mentioned, it is designed for the phone to face out so you can see the notification LED.

FYI: the holster does not scratch your phone. it's impossible for cloth/leather to scratch glass--basic science.

For more info, see here:
    Mineral Hardness Testing from Rockman
    Mikey112 likes this.
    10-05-11 04:52 PM
    I also like the fact that when the BB is facing in, when you take it out of the holster, you are looking at the screen and you don't have to flip it around. If that makes sense.
    10-05-11 05:47 PM
    I usually put mine screen In in case I bump the holster. My case was tight at first but has loosened up a bit.

10-05-11 06:19 PM
    how did u do that i can barely fit my hand inside the case
    You can always use a needle nose plier.

10-05-11 08:52 PM
    Looks like the stitching can damage the screen... at least that is what some have claimed. I keep mine screen in when using the OEM as it doesnt make a difference and why risk it.
    10-05-11 11:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD