I've had the oem hardshell on for 2weeks or so and took it off today and noticed lots of tiny scratches around the whole bezel of the phone! Seems like dirt etc will get stuck in the case and damage the phone insted of protecting it which is a shame as I like the feel of the phone with the case on! But don't think ill be usein it again just wondered if anyone else has this issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-11 12:00 PM
    I just took it off to see when I saw your post. I don't see any scratches. For a second there, you made me kinda nervous xD
    09-17-11 01:34 PM
    I tried a case in a store and I didn't like it. I like the feel of the bold naked. It felt different typing with the case on it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-17-11 01:38 PM
    with any kind of case that is relatively easy to get the case on and off there is the potential of junk gettin into the sides of the case, especially if you pocket the phone. i use both the commuter and hard shell case and switch between the 2 and have no scratches here. maybe the pants you wear are defective since too much debris is caught in your pocket. i would google for the forum specific to the pants you wear and see if others are having the same issue.

in all seriousness, if u want the phone looking that clean, take off the case every few days and give the case and the phone a quick wipe down. both cases have already protected them from moderate drops from my hip. they both do what they are supposed to.
    rexrim likes this.
    09-17-11 02:33 PM
    i see this happen a lot with cases, another reason to rock it naked
    09-18-11 02:08 AM
    with any kind of case that is relatively easy to get the case on and off there is the potential of junk gettin into the sides of the case, especially if you pocket the phone. i use both the commuter and hard shell case and switch between the 2 and have no scratches here. maybe the pants you wear are defective since too much debris is caught in your pocket. i would google for the forum specific to the pants you wear and see if others are having the same issue.

in all seriousness, if u want the phone looking that clean, take off the case every few days and give the case and the phone a quick wipe down. both cases have already protected them from moderate drops from my hip. they both do what they are supposed to.
    nice info bro..thanks ~!
    <3 HardShell Case+9900
    09-18-11 03:02 AM
    I'm using the oem soft shell and I think its scratching my bezel as well. Pretty disappointing cuz I love the feel of it but I guess there isn't anything you can do now. I would just keep it on. It scratches the top of the bezel...not the sides for me.
    09-18-11 03:21 AM
    I've had the hard case on the phone ever since I started using the phone (2-3 weeks) and regularly take the case off the phone to quickly wipe them both down. Also take it off at night so the Bold can charge in the pod

I just carefully checked my bezel and found no scratches at all.

09-18-11 08:59 AM
    It happened to me too. Its around the chrome piece not the brushed part. But its bound to happen because of how the case let's the chrome piece peek through, so eventually it will get dirt in there and scratch it. No biggie to me though.

09-18-11 10:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD