What do you mean by does the job?

What was the problem?

Were you using a BB 700mah charger?

Via Blackberry Bold� 9930 using Tapatalk�
    My Bold would take forever to charge from 95% (it would still be charging the next AM) Now, a good charge takes practically no time.

Besides, the difference between 750ma and 800ma is minimal, the plug charger is sorry.
    Last edited by mike Steele; 11-16-11 at 01:19 PM.
    11-16-11 01:16 PM
    My Bold would take forever to charge from 95% (it would still be charging the next AM) Now, a good charge takes practically no time.

Besides, the difference between 750ma and 800ma is minimal, the plug charger is sorry.

True. The 700mah bb folding charger is working great for me.

It would be nice to find something at 500mah and see what it does for a longer charge.

Via Blackberry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk®
    11-16-11 01:37 PM
    from reading the comments here i think people would feel much more comfortable charging their phones using lemons or potatoes.... just make sure you go to costco.. o ya the charge will definitely be overnight.
    mike Steele and Nashstruck like this.
    11-16-11 03:04 PM
    from reading the comments here i think people would feel much more comfortable charging their phones using lemons or potatoes.... just make sure you go to costco.. o ya the charge will definitely be overnight.

What?

Via Blackberry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk®
    11-16-11 03:39 PM
    I used a 550 MA Motorola charger for the first few cycles till my pod showed up. My battery is great. There might be something to the low current theory. Most batteries, in my experience, like a slow charge. But most of my experience is with 19th century lead acid tech. I suspect the phone itself is capable of regulating the current, and that anything north of sufficient is just fine. I'd be interested to hear what someone who actually has clue one what they are talking about has to say. I'll consult a few sources.
    11-16-11 03:41 PM
    I used a 550 MA Motorola charger for the first few cycles till my pod showed up. My battery is great. There might be something to the low current theory. Most batteries, in my experience, like a slow charge. But most of my experience is with 19th century lead acid tech. I suspect the phone itself is capable of regulating the current, and that anything north of sufficient is just fine. I'd be interested to hear what someone who actually has clue one what they are talking about has to say. I'll consult a few sources.
    Well supposedly the little case charger that comes with the Y cable has circuitry that prevents OC. I cant imagine that the BB does not. As far a life goes, a loss of 6 months over 2-3 years isn't enough to get all panty bunched over. You'll get a new phone before then(unless the 9930 is the next Storm )
    11-16-11 04:24 PM
    Hank, for someone who claims to know what he is talking about you can't even get the units right. Battery capacity is measured in (m)Ah, and current (the output from the charger) is measured in (m)A

As it happens there is a charging dock package on the official blackberry accessory store that comes with the "premium" charger (yellow USB tip) for use with the 9900, so it must be ok to use. Personally I haven't used the plugtop adapter with the USB lead as it isn't really long enough to use where I charge, so I still use old chargers I have from previous phones. Never thought to compare the output ratings.

My knowledge of charge/discharge rates is limited to LeadAcid batteries, since I work with them. On those a fast discharge can allow a fast re-charge, however a partial fast charge can give an illusion of the battery being at a higher state of chare than it is due to uneven charge distribution through the plate.

I know lithium batteries are a real PITA to charge correctly, which is partly why they are expensive, they need fairly complex battery management systems (BMS)
    11-16-11 04:32 PM
    I love when we talk about charging batteries.

SO many different opinions, no wonder many new people have no idea what to do!
    bowledbybold likes this.
    11-16-11 04:46 PM
    I've been watching this thread since it started and watching all the chit chat back and forth. I have no advanced knowledge of batteries and chargers... but I will say there is a difference with the little cube charger provided with my 9930 and the fold out prong chargers. When ever I charge via the cube it hangs at 95% for awhile... ok maybe a long time.
    11-16-11 05:51 PM
    Today I touch the usb charger and it was too hot, is this normal?
    11-16-11 06:07 PM
    Only inappropriate touching is abnormal.
    wolfee48 and bowledbybold like this.
    11-16-11 06:21 PM
    Today I touch the usb charger and it was too hot, is this normal?
    I think so. A lot to people here noticed this too. Also there is a low frequency sound emitted from the charger. Some people can hear it but I can't. My dog can hear it well because he doesn't go near the charger. I think this is part of the package... No this is not an issue.
    11-16-11 06:24 PM
    What?

Via Blackberry Bold� 9930 using Tapatalk�
    Guess you missed your science class:
    Lemon-Powered iPod - Fruit batteries - Naked Scientists Kitchen Science 2008
    How to Make a Potato Battery - MonkeySee
    11-16-11 07:17 PM
    Just forget it.

Delete this thread already.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-16-11 09:54 PM
    Someone wants to take their toys and leave, it seems.
    11-17-11 05:53 AM
    Just forget it.

Delete this thread already.

LOL! Why?
    11-17-11 09:44 AM
    LOL! Why?

Why not.....

11-17-11 12:11 PM
    Low and slow is the best way to charge a LI-ION battery.

Charging Lithium-Ion Batteries

The cube charger is the best way to charge your 99xx's battery. Argue about it until you're blue in the face..lol
    11-17-11 12:38 PM
    Low and slow is the best way to charge a LI-ION battery.

Charging Lithium-Ion Batteries

The cube charger is the best way to charge your 99xx's battery. Argue about it until you're blue in the face..lol

Thank you!

This is exactly why I prefer the 8530 charger over the cube. I know the difference is only 50ma, but I can tell a difference in battery performance.

11-17-11 02:02 PM
    The charging rate does effect battery life.

If you would research it you would know this as well and then you would stop insulting me.

Too many flamers not checking their facts before posting.

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk 1.4.5.1
    11-28-11 01:21 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD