I recently got a 9900 off eBay that had an issue with the trackpad not working. "Not a problem at all" I thought, thanks to the touch screen. But I still like using the trackpad, so I purchased a replacement keyboard/trackpad combo. I received it yesterday and installed, and immediately it worked fine. I pressed the keyboard in, put in the screws, and...nothing. It's dead.

Since then I've been experimenting and I have found that while the keyboard is out of the body of the phone, the trackpad works fine. It even works fine for a minute or two after I press it into the body and install the screws. But after installation, it always stops working after a minute or two. Almost as if some joint somewhere comes to a rest and disconnects. I've left it out for over an hour at this point and I check it every few minutes to find that it's still functioning properly while out of the body, but I know that it will take a dump the moment I install it.

It installs flat and nothing is being twisted as far as I can tell. Just to be safe, I even removed the thin foam pad that holds the connector down for the ribbon cable in case it was causing uneven pressure: no dice, same thing. I tried a search but I'm finding nothing specific to this behavior, so does anybody have any experience with this?
    06-24-15 12:08 AM
    Sounds like the connector or the ribbon cable is damaged, so it's not sending enough voltage to the motherboard for proper operation
    06-24-15 08:55 AM
    It's as if there's some amount of stress placed specifically in the ribbon cable on the joint where the trackpad connects to the keyboard. Because it works fine until it's fully installed. Then it goes out after a minute or two predictably.
    06-24-15 11:18 PM