I have just wiped and reloaded the OS in order to cater for the 'not loading app world' issue and now have a new issue - less annoying, but just as irritating.

My Google Talk icon, on the homescreen, won't move and I can't delete it. When I push it in and hold it, nothing happens - no menu of any kind. Although when I tap it, it opens as normal. Done a battery bull and various things, but no joy. Any idea? Ta...
    08-15-11 09:28 AM
    what about just hiding it?
    08-15-11 10:05 AM
    what about just hiding it?
    I don't get any option menu at all when I press it, so I don't know how I can hide it?
    08-15-11 10:12 AM
    sounds like it may be corrupt

I would re-download it vi app world then try to hide/uninstall it
    08-15-11 10:14 AM
    Good suggestion. Unfortunately, it doesn't show up for some reason on App World, either on the phone or the desktop. This is strange, I know. Is there any way I can delete it from the phone without doing it from the actual programme?
    08-15-11 10:27 AM
    You can go to mobile.blackberry.com and follow the steps for apps/instant messaging and download it right from there:

http://www.bbh-plus.net/downloads.ph...tionhash=guest

this is a leaked one for OS7
    bigbamboo likes this.
    08-15-11 10:30 AM
    That's most likely a service book. It's the installer that gets pushed down. You need to delete it from Options->Device->Advanced->Service Book.

I delete that one along with the Yahoo and AIM installers. I don't use any of those. I'm a Trillian user.

I also delete all the [CICAL] service books because I prefer to have one calendar and not 6. Yes, I have a lot of email addresses.
    08-15-11 10:36 AM
    Well, I loaded it over the top but it seems to have made no difference. I'm guessing that I somehow need to delete the programme?
    08-15-11 10:40 AM
    I would do a wipe with BBSAK and reload the OS.

I find with OS7, one little thing is actually one larger thing somewhere else...
    08-15-11 10:42 AM
    Well, I've actually spent much of the morning doing that with regard to the Blackberry ID problem and I can't face starting all over again! *Kills self*

Is there, perhaps, a programme which I can download which allows me to delete apps from the phone?

Many thanks...
    08-15-11 10:49 AM
    I'm telling ya it's a Service Book.
    08-15-11 10:50 AM
    That's most likely a service book. It's the installer that gets pushed down. You need to delete it from Options->Device->Advanced->Service Book.

I delete that one along with the Yahoo and AIM installers. I don't use any of those. I'm a Trillian user.

I also delete all the [CICAL] service books because I prefer to have one calendar and not 6. Yes, I have a lot of email addresses.
    That seems like a good idea, but there doesn't seem to be an applicable service book for GTalk. How does one go about resending them?
    08-15-11 10:52 AM
    That seems like a good idea, but there doesn't seem to be an applicable service book for GTalk. How does one go about resending them?
    If it's not in your service books, then it's probably hard coded. I just did an OS update to a leaked one and I deselected it there. In other words, if you can't delete it, and there's no Service Book for it, then it's in the OS. BB Boss is what I use for those little annoying things.

If you do plan on shrinking your OS, make sure you understand EXACTLY what it is that you're doing.
    08-15-11 11:40 AM
    The icon is NOT always means that you have installed the app. Sometimes the icons are pushed by your service provider. For example, Telus even pushed their online radio service... the icon appears, but the program is not installed because the icon will take you to a download site. You should have hide option on the menu.
    08-15-11 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD