I am on my third blackberry in two months. Both times my phone went into a constant reboot and was unusable. Both times verizon sent me a reconditioned device. I am afraid that a) my phone will randomly stop working b) I don't download any apps out of fear they will require a reboot c) Im afraid to let my battery run too low. Its causing me stress in my already stressful life.

I NEVER had these problems with my older Curve or Bold models.

It is not my job to reload an operating system. It is the responsibility of RIM to provide me with a working phone or find a solution to the problem. IF my blackberry does this again, I will be demanding an iphone from the store or switching carriers.

The whole reason to have a smartphone is to use the features. Right now, I can't and if I do, I won't even have a phone that makes basic calls.
    Chrisy and cbreze like this.
    11-15-11 01:04 PM
    I've only had mine brick once and a battery pull after the JVM error brought it back. Being scared to use the features and then complaining about switching to another platform because of it isn't the way of going about it. Just update to the latest OS, which at least for me has had zero issues and I push my phone to <15% battery everyday and sometimes even kill it. I have like 20 apps installed which I use daily so maybe just give updating/loading the OS a try.

Unless you're looking for an excuse to switch to an iPhone, then by all means go do it if you're unhappy.
    11-15-11 02:05 PM
    I am going to have also my third bold 9900 in only 3 weeks.

It is going to be fun to break all records for having the same phone in less time.

I have not decided to keep the bold or get another phone, the warranty lasts for 12 months, I have other 11 months to change more phones.
    11-15-11 02:08 PM
    I was with a good friend this last weekend that I recommended he get the 9900 and he has loved it and taken the best of care. He removed it from the holster to make a call and it is in a constant reboot, too. Nothing we do makes it stop rebooting over and over.
    11-15-11 02:28 PM
    I am already running the latest OS
    11-15-11 02:33 PM
    Do you notice any bugs with this particular device? Maybe when/if 7.1 comes to Verizon there will be bug fixes to make things more stable.

I'm a happy camper with my Verizon 9930 here...
    11-15-11 02:52 PM
    my went into the reboot cycle problem fixed it myself by pluggin it to my laptop without battery in when it got to the jvm loader bit i put in the battery

if it happens it happens reboot cycle errors are software based (just think of the blue screen of death on windows) everyone goes on about not doing x and not doing y but i think some of that is just a coincidence (as when mine did it i started getting charging problems with full a half full battery and then when i tried to fix it with a restart the problem happened) also what i have noticed is that I orginally upgraded the software on my phone a few weeks ago now i have had to put on official stock again as my upgrade os has disappeared possibly as it could have been pulled
    11-15-11 03:08 PM