Is it me, or did the Nuisance lady suffer a traumatic brain injury which slowed her speech?
    11-09-11 12:44 PM
    I'm very unhappy with the Nuance lady on the 9900. I got the 9900 after having the Torch, which I hated. I love the Bold 9900. BUT....the nuance lady on the Torch was way better than the lady on the 9900!!! I don't know why, but I hope they fix this soon because I am always using the voice dialing on my phone. The specific issues are - if you speak individual digits into the phone for dialing, on the 9900 the lady speaks very slow with long pauses between all the numbers as she speaks them back to you. Also, when dialing numbers from the address book, when the lady comes back with the verification "Did you say - ", it's as though her volume goes up and down before and after every word...and pauses in between. On the Torch, she was much more natural, fluid and quick! Why the step backwards?
    11-27-11 10:35 PM
    I upgraded to 576 hoping it would help. It didn't. The Nuance version is 4.0.21 (b2.3). Is there a newer or older version that works better?
    01-04-12 09:11 AM
    Use Vlingo free version. Its one of the first apps I load no matter what device/platform I'm using.
    01-04-12 10:55 AM
    Use Vlingo free version. Its one of the first apps I load no matter what device/platform I'm using.
    Is this going to work with the blackberry's voice dialing application? I wouldn't think so...but I've been wrong before. I would think that the Nuance software is part of the general OS. Anyone know better?
    01-04-12 12:58 PM
    Vlingo is self contained. I have it. I don't want to use it.
    01-06-12 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD