I am not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but I for one am. When I receive a new email, text, message and what not, I click on the notification panel. The only thing it shows me is Calender and phone. None of my notifications show up. Is this a software issue or do I have to change settings or what you have it. Hope someone can help. Cheers!
    08-17-11 07:06 AM
    While on the notification bar, try moving your finger to the left on the track pad to hit the little speaker ICON and then select it.

Or

touch the speaker ICON!
    08-17-11 07:11 AM
    Oh, I have the same thing. Um, what speaker Icon? *Confused face*
    08-17-11 07:14 AM
    The speaker ICON is located on the left side of the notification bar. Just below the date. It looks like a speaker!
    08-17-11 07:17 AM
    That just brings up my profile menu?
    08-17-11 07:21 AM
    Notifications is a VERY powerful feature from Blackberry. No other device maker has ever come close to the verstility of this Blackberry feature.
    08-17-11 07:22 AM
    That just brings up my profile menu?
    This would be where you make your notification changes. When you hit the speaker the bottom item is "Change Sounds and Alerts. Hit that and you can change what your device does when you get a call, email, etc. It even has where it will do differently if in a holster or not.

You must be new to RIM.

You can also toggle between your last two setting by pushing and holding down the Q key.
    08-17-11 07:26 AM
    I know what your saying. The drop down notification pain. Mine did that sporadic onthe stock OS from Rogers. I downloaded the 296 from vodophone and it works fine. Except ubertwitter it doesn't work with drop down menu so I now use factory twitter
    08-17-11 07:34 AM
    "the drop down notification pain.:"

What?

Mine, on the original OS works perfectly!
    08-17-11 07:36 AM
    Greggebhardt - Ratchetjaw knows what I mean - it isn't a change in profile I want, but the dropdown notifications thing doesn't show the details of the notifications that I've tapped. So, if it shows I have a text, I tap it and I get details of upcoming calendar appointments and my last calls - but no text!
    08-17-11 07:39 AM
    @gregg. You aren't getting my point. I hear a sound/vibrate when there is a notification. All I can't SEE are my notifications. When you click on a new notification, it is suppose to come on the drop down menu. It doesn't for me!
    08-17-11 07:40 AM
    Greggebhardt - Ratchetjaw knows what I mean - it isn't a change in profile I want, but the dropdown notifications thing doesn't show the details of the notifications that I've tapped. So, if it shows I have a text, I tap it and I get details of upcoming calendar appointments and my last calls - but no text!
    Yes. That was bothersome. I didn't stay on that build long enough to check anything cause of issues from device switching. I wiped my device then loaded .296 OS and its working right (except ubertwitter).

Actually sometimes when I click it now it will only display the email header once in a while. Probably a bug that will get worked out. If you click the messges group instead of individual one it tends to work more reliably
    08-17-11 07:47 AM
    I have 296. Is there a remedy??
    08-17-11 08:07 AM
    I have 296. Is there a remedy??
    Oh your already running it. Hmmm no not that I know of sorry I can't help more on the issue. Switching to .296 seemed to work for me
    08-17-11 08:12 AM
    I have seen delays in notifications, especially with BBM.

I think it is one of those things we need to wait out as the OS improves

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-11 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD