How can I personalize notification toolbar?
    I would like to make stop showing sms in it.
    I succeded once after an OS update as I had an error but after battery pull everything went back to normal.

is there any way to do that?

thank u
    02-08-12 03:15 AM
    i don't think notification in notification bar can be customized, unless app provides that feature..
    default SMS/email/calender/todo is supposed to show status in notification bar...
    keep us posted if you found some way...
    02-08-12 03:23 AM
    I don't think it's possible
    02-08-12 03:39 AM
    until now, the only way possible to do that is to give that OS7 theme and instal an OS 5 theme that has no notification )
    that's really nice, having a 9900, with os 7.1 to go back to os 5 features )
    if there's an app that solves my problem, I will gladly buy it.

Normally if there was a way to edit the OS before writing it, than it should solve it.

thanx
    Last edited by adigsmx; 02-08-12 at 06:05 AM.
    02-08-12 06:02 AM
    any other ideea? it'd really help.
    maybe modify/edit the OS and then load it?
    thanx
    Last edited by adigsmx; 03-10-12 at 02:35 AM.
    03-10-12 02:03 AM
    this wont get rid of the sms icon per se, but it would show it as a message icon and not an sms icon.

options / inbox managment / switch one text messages so all messages are treated in the one inbox.

it's probably not what you want though
    03-10-12 02:25 AM
    Why do you want rid off ??
    03-10-12 05:06 AM
    smss are private, and if my phone wonders around somewhere unwatched I would like to keep that privacy.
    first solution doesn't help at all, but I appreciate it.
    03-11-12 06:42 AM
    smss are private, and if my phone wonders around somewhere unwatched I would like to keep that privacy.

Blackbook is what you need then.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-11-12 07:51 AM
    Whilst I appreciate you want to customise the notification bar, and I do... if your phone is in somebody else's hands they can check your txt messages regardless of whether there's anything on the notification bar. Plus having a notification that you have a txt message is hardly breaking news as .. well, people do get text messages. If you're concerned about privacy, then you should password protect the phone, job done. The notification is called that for a reason.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-11-12 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD