Hello,

So, I'm listening to music with the provided earphones and if I get a BBM message or text message, it used to sound in-ear or even when the phone rings. This worked on my 9800.

But on my 9900, the sounds aren't in ear and instead on the phone. Even when I have the earphones on without music, the sounds are still from the phone and not going in-ear.

What do I need to do?
    Thanks!
    01-19-12 06:41 AM
    i have notice this in my 9780, sound in earphones too.
    but 9900 doesn't have this feature..
    you are not missing anything...
    01-19-12 06:47 AM
    On my old 9650 with OS 6 - my music would actually pause for a second and the notification sound would ding.

I noticed now with my 9930 that the notification sound will play in the ear phones along with the music. What do you have your notification volume set as in your profiles? You said its playing through the handset speaker even with the ear phones plugged in?
    01-19-12 06:49 AM
    I have a 9850 and when editing profiles you can check a box at the bottom to be notified during calls, this might also be during music but not sure. might be worth a shot.
    01-19-12 06:55 AM
    Thanks guys. But I think it's on the OS, rather than settings. I also thought that "notify during calls" will make a difference, but it doesn't. :/

Any other ideas?
    01-19-12 11:01 PM
    I always assumed it was related to the operating system version. I always play music over bluetooth in my car, and I've had various results. It used to interrupt my music to play the tone, which I found really annoying. I've had it do nothing, and more recently it seems to continue playing the music but also plays a soft tone through my car speakers to indicate a new message.
    01-20-12 12:12 AM
    Checked this out - I'm wondering if this is an OS issue. Because when I'm listening to music, and there's a notification, there's a change in sound level.
    01-26-12 12:21 AM
    Checked this out - I'm wondering if this is an OS issue. Because when I'm listening to music, and there's a notification, there's a change in sound level.
    +1

I'm almost positive it's related to the firmware.
    01-26-12 12:23 AM
    I was also wondering about this too! I have missed a few very important texts while at the gym; Now I have to keep checking to see if I have any messages My 9700 used to pause when one came in.
    01-26-12 12:43 AM
    I was also wondering about this too! I have missed a few very important texts while at the gym; Now I have to keep checking to see if I have any messages My 9700 used to pause when one came in.
    Yeah, and my Torch 9800 while on headset played the notification inline. And when on speaker, it would briefly stop music to play notification and then resume music. It was splendid!

It sucks because when devices take a step forward.. somehow, internally, they're taking two steps backward.
    01-26-12 12:46 AM
    Yeah, and my Torch 9800 while on headset played the notification inline. And when on speaker, it would briefly stop music to play notification and then resume music. It was splendid!

It sucks because when devices take a step forward.. somehow, internally, they're taking two steps backward.
    Perhaps someone out there has an easy solution/answer??
    01-26-12 12:54 AM

This is a step forward as far as I'm concerned. It was so annoying when I'd be listening to music over my car stereo, only to have it interrupted every 5 minutes whenever an email came in. It was particularly annoying when I had people in the car with me. The new way is much more subtle.
    01-26-12 12:56 AM
    This is a step forward as far as I'm concerned. It was so annoying when I'd be listening to music over my car stereo, only to have it interrupted every 5 minutes whenever an email came in. It was particularly annoying when I had people in the car with me. The new way is much more subtle.
    I'm confused? What is the new way? I don't hear any notification?? And NO! I am not deaf, NOT yet anyway
    01-26-12 01:07 AM
    I can see the annoyance factor. In that case, they should have made it a setting in the profiles. I'm in the third world now and walking on the streets with a blingy phone isn't a good thing. Having to constantly take my phone out just to check what new notifications I've received isn't a good idea.
    01-26-12 02:17 AM
    Hello,

So, I'm listening to music with the provided earphones and if I get a BBM message or text message, it used to sound in-ear or even when the phone rings. This worked on my 9800.

But on my 9900, the sounds aren't in ear and instead on the phone. Even when I have the earphones on without music, the sounds are still from the phone and not going in-ear.

What do I need to do?
    Thanks!
    i was using leak 7.1 and had this problem...
    now i have installed official .590
    and now i can hear notification sound from within earphones...
    use 590 instead...
    01-26-12 06:35 AM
    I'm using 7.0.0.585 though, so I don't see why this would happen. If 7.1 still has this 'issue', then we're royally fuct.
    01-30-12 12:54 AM
    I'm using 7.0.0.585 though, so I don't see why this would happen. If 7.1 still has this 'issue', then we're royally fuct.
    Just use an app to listen to your messages when playing music. I use DriveCarefully and as a test...I am listening to music with my headphones as well as the app turned on, then I sent a text to myself and well the music keeps playing while the Text is read out to me through voice.

I'm on 7.0.1.205
    01-30-12 02:03 AM
    Just use an app to listen to your messages when playing music. I use DriveCarefully and as a test...I am listening to music with my headphones as well as the app turned on, then I sent a text to myself and well the music keeps playing while the Text is read out to me through voice.

I'm on 7.0.1.205
    Great idea! But I get email that's newsletters - I'd like to turn on the voice for SMS and BBM.

Having said that, having to bend over backwards on a 'smart' phone isn't a good thing IMHO.
    01-30-12 03:35 AM
    I noticed now with my 9930 that the notification sound will play in the ear phones along with the music.
    Same here. I use BBM Music in my car on my 9930. I noticed the message notifiers coming through the car speakers. Like you said, it pauses, dings, then goes back to music.
    01-30-12 03:51 AM
    Put on silent if you don't want to be interrupted while rockin out. Easy fix.
    01-30-12 08:13 AM
    Great idea! But I get email that's newsletters - I'd like to turn on the voice for SMS and BBM.

Having said that, having to bend over backwards on a 'smart' phone isn't a good thing IMHO.
    Well I don't use BBM, so idk if DriveCarefully will read out BBM messages. I know it does SMS and Email.
    There are other apps out there, but DC I think is the absolute best. Always works does not skip any message sent as opposed to others that do sometimes skip.
    01-30-12 01:04 PM
    Well I don't use BBM, so idk if DriveCarefully will read out BBM messages. I know it does SMS and Email.
    There are other apps out there, but DC I think is the absolute best. Always works does not skip any message sent as opposed to others that do sometimes skip.
    I'm gonna try this out!
    Too bad BlackBerry messed this up. And I'm really hoping it's a bug that gets squashed in 7.1
    01-30-12 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD