Like others my 9930 has a limited WiFi range. I get a good signal near my wireless router and the general vicinity. The problem not only with my 9930 but with other devices is that at the far end of the house I barely get a signal. I recently purchased wireless range extender and installed it at the far end of the house where the signal wasn't good. After the install I now get full bars on all my devices including the 9930.

So what's the issue? Well with my iPad2 I get full bars seamlessly at both ends of the house. The 9930 however I need to turn off and turn back on the wireless network each time to get the signal at either end of the house. For example, if I'm in the office where my router is I get full bars. If I take my 9930 to the other end of the house where the range extender is I get zero bars until I turn off my wireless connection then turn it back on then I get full bars. If I walk back to the office where the router is the same thing happens, the signal drops off until I turn off and turn on the wireless connection. The 9930 doesn't seem to automatically refresh the wireless connection. Is there anyway to resolve this? Ideally I'd like to get a good signal at both ends of the house without having to constantly reset my wireless connection. Thanks!
    11-17-11 12:19 PM
    I have noticed my bar signal change in my house but I do not to refresh my router. it does it on its own. have you tried battery pull and see if OS is updated?

sorry not much help.
    11-17-11 12:46 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention that I did try a battery pull as well as I'm on the latest official Version release.
    11-17-11 12:49 PM
    I've never used a range extender, but does it have a different ssid or any other configuration different from your main router?
    11-17-11 12:50 PM
    i have the same issues as well. i have a 2 storey house and upstairs i get 1 bar or no signal for wifi. i have a 9650, 9100 running OS 6 and gets 2-3. OS 5 i cant tell how the signal is but its a stable connection.

i have a 9900 with the latest update.
    11-21-11 06:33 PM
    works fine downstairs mind you. i do also have my iphone 4 which has a constant 3 bar signal
    11-21-11 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD