As much as I had hoped it would be, but I don't think RIM would be saved by the 9900.

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to have it, I've been playing with my friend's 9900 non stop I love every improved aspect in it, but I just don' think it's enough to entice a new comer. Unfortunately, the 9900 is -now- in par with te rest of the market (to some degree).

Again, I hope I I am completely wrong but I am not seeing it happen.

P.s. whoever had issues with the auto-focus camera, well, you're wrong. I took like 10 pictures back to back very quick, and none were blurry. I love this phone.

Please no one even considers this as a trolling thread. I love my BlackBerry and that will never change so spare yourselves from the "if you don't like it, leave". No phone can compare to that of a BlackBerry.
    "�The Apple iPhone is the most popular brand of smartphone, but BlackBerry handsets are a favourite choice among younger consumers;�

�Apple�s iPhone is the most popular brand of smartphone, with a 32% share among adults. This is the brand of choice among ABC1s (37%) and is even higher among ABs alone (44%). But BlackBerry handsets have also taken a significant share of the market (24%) and are particularly popular among younger adults and teens (37% each). Female teens, in particular, appear to have a preference for BlackBerry handsets (44%). Anecdotal evidence suggests that this preference is driven by the BlackBerry messenger service (BBM) which offers a free alternative to texting (SMS). Users like the ease-of-use of the Blackberry keypad.�
    08-14-11 07:58 PM
    "�The Apple iPhone is the most popular brand of smartphone, but BlackBerry handsets are a favourite choice among younger consumers;�

�Apple�s iPhone is the most popular brand of smartphone, with a 32% share among adults. This is the brand of choice among ABC1s (37%) and is even higher among ABs alone (44%). But BlackBerry handsets have also taken a significant share of the market (24%) and are particularly popular among younger adults and teens (37% each). Female teens, in particular, appear to have a preference for BlackBerry handsets (44%). Anecdotal evidence suggests that this preference is driven by the BlackBerry messenger service (BBM) which offers a free alternative to texting (SMS). Users like the ease-of-use of the Blackberry keypad.�

Good for RIM that it found a new niche market....
    ...Could this be why we have gained functionality appreciated by kids and lost functionality.
    ...Appreciated by business users!

There should be a way to deliver a product both groups like.
    08-14-11 08:06 PM
    Good for RIM that it found a new niche market....
    ...Could this be why we have gained functionality appreciated by kids and lost functionality.
    ...Appreciated by business users!

There should be a way to deliver a product both groups like.
    Do you recall when BB's were business only devices? They started making inroads with consumers over the last few years which is/was a HUGE accomplishment. So they do have both segments...Also, have you followed current events?...Didn't many of those recent flash mobs start by BBM users - at least that's what the media was reporting.

As I like to point out - $20 billion in rev with cash reserves isn't exactly chump change. QNX is also a growth play.

I am still amazed at how many iPhone users look at me like I'm nuts using a BB and go as far and make comment that RIMM is going out of business. Those sheeple people are really clueless to be honest.

I typically remind them to stop listening to Cramer and watching CNBC.
    08-14-11 09:44 PM
    No one is in a bubble except you.

We get it. you want AF so you and your buddy make 100+ posts on the issue. Search all posts by pythons, the first 100 that come up are about this issue, with the same regurgitated point.

It doesnt have the same camera as the 9780, get over it.

If you want to complain to RIM:

1. Call them
    2. Send them an email
    3. post on their forums

Every thread in this forum has a few posts by pyhton mentioning the lack of AF. How many times do we have to hear it?

To me no AF is not an issue. I dont care for a phone camera. If i wanted an AF camera this is what id do:

1. get a real camera
    2. get a phone with an AF camera.

What I wouldnt do is spam a forum with post after post of complaints on why there is no AF camera and how RIM made a mistake.
    Be nice..

Can't you see...he WANTS to get this phone, but he has a VERY valid reason not to. And now there's another thread stating that the 9900 has 'message limits.' Yikes.
    08-14-11 09:54 PM
    Do you recall when BB's were business only devices? They started making inroads with consumers over the last few years which is/was a HUGE accomplishment. So they do have both segments...Also, have you followed current events?...Didn't many of those recent flash mobs start by BBM users - at least that's what the media was reporting.

As I like to point out - $20 billion in rev with cash reserves isn't exactly chump change. QNX is also a growth play.

I am still amazed at how many iPhone users look at me like I'm nuts using a BB and go as far and make comment that RIMM is going out of business. Those sheeple people are really clueless to be honest.

Go get’m Bold9930. Just between me and you, please don’t bring up the camera!
    08-14-11 09:58 PM
    Ah the camera...But in all honesty, nobody really highlights the very functional and impressive HD video capabilities of the new phones.
    Last edited by Bold9930; 08-14-11 at 10:09 PM.
    08-14-11 10:06 PM
    RIM doesnt need saving. They are growing globally.

/close thread
    I normally don't post in here because its packed with fan boys.

But are you high? They just layed off 2,500 employees and the board is giving them what 6 months to prove why they need certain postions. Not to mention the slipping stock price and loss of market share.

How can you be so ignorant?
    jinxednuance likes this.
    08-14-11 10:09 PM
    Do you recall when BB's were business only devices?
    I do remember - and I'm not to proud to say I also remember saying to myself...
    ...I want to be like that guy and get one of those.
    ...Even prior to realizing what it really was!

They started making inroads with consumers over the last few years which is/was a HUGE accomplishment. So they do have both segments...Also, have you followed current events?...Didn't many of those recent flash mobs start by BBM users - at least that's what the media was reporting.
    Yes, I actually mentioned the "flash looters" using BBM in another thread in G.D. and it wasn't taken very well lol...
    ...I was saying that was a customer demographic RIM should want no part of.

I feel ya on that one as well, there is only one other person still on a BB at the company I work for - except for me and that other guy all went to iphone or droid ( of the people outside our PTT network ).

I don't think RIM is seriously going to go out of business - what I think is that they have lost their touch with the business world. I work in the auto business and have watched nearly 100% of the people in that sector switch from RIM to ios or google.

I deal with many people with what I do and have observed this trend with our customer base....
    ...Seems like the most common question is; does the radio work with my iphone?

Customers email me pictures of documents all the time with "sent from my iphone" as the signature line.

In any event what I'm saying is that has been a massive shift from the business user to the kid - it's just huge and so of course when I want to buy a new Bold and I realize that I can't do my "job" without buying a scanner, packing a real camera, etc around I freaked out - there, I said it. I'm still stunned this has happened.
    08-14-11 10:12 PM
    I normally don't post in here because its packed with fan boys.

But are you high? They just layed off 2,500 employees and the board is giving them what 6 months to prove why they need certain postions. Not to mention the slipping stock price and loss of market share.

How can you be so ignorant?
    You must be young or naive or both...Do you know the concept of fundementals? How many QTR's have they missed?....Controlling OPEX is happening with every company, every day...It's called trimming the fat...Happens every day.

Now here's where it gets good as I think this point will resonate with you - possibly.

Run a chart on Apple....Do you remember the days when they were almost done? We are FAR from that scenario my friend, but thanks for playing. Your comments have little merit other than to point out the obvious - they had some layoffs, and they missed their numbers for the QTR.

If you have any concept of fundamentals, this story will allow you to understand a few things that may not be apparent to you.

In summary, the short play isn't following fundamentals and it becomes a fast value play. Want some advise?...You stand to make a lot of money if you had any understanding of this topic, regardless of whether you like them as a company.

Who is new Research in Motion investor Donald Yacktman? | Cantech Letter
    Masahiro likes this.
    08-14-11 10:17 PM
    You must be young or naive or both...Do you know the concept of fundementals? How many QTR's have they missed?....Controlling OPEX is happening with every company, every day...It's called trimming the fat...Happens every day.

Now here's where it gets good as I think this point will resonate with you - possibly.

Run a chart on Apple....Do you remember the days when they were almost done? We are FAR from that scenario my friend, but thanks for playing. Your comments have little merit other than to point out the obvious - they had some layoffs, and they missed their numbers for the QTR.

If you have any concept of fundamentals, this story will allow you to understand a few things that may not be apparent to you.

In summary, the short play isn't following fundamentals and it becomes a fast value play. Want some advise?...You stand to make a lot of money if you had any understanding of this topic, regardless of whether you like them as a company.

Who is new Research in Motion investor Donald Yacktman? | Cantech Letter

Exactly what I was talking about.

You're right. I'm wrong. They always lay off a huge amount of people right before they make a come back.

Missed deadlines flopped tablets outdated handsets. You're right. Right on the verge of making a comeback.

My play book still doesn't have native email support how long ago was it promised? I haven't even charged it recently.
    08-14-11 10:26 PM
    ^
    Pardon me for finding your posts on this page the most comedic I've read today.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-11 11:24 PM
    If you really need to make PDFs ive found for you the perfect solution!!

Making PDFs
    God I love those "Let me Google That for You" jokes. LMAO
    08-14-11 11:41 PM
    Exactly what I was talking about.

You're right. I'm wrong. They always lay off a huge amount of people right before they make a come back.

Missed deadlines flopped tablets outdated handsets. You're right. Right on the verge of making a comeback.

My play book still doesn't have native email support how long ago was it promised? I haven't even charged it recently.
    I'll bump this. Just read Google killed support for the blackberry app and I haven't even turned my playbook this month, but last I check STILL no app support for gmail.

Major Comeback any second, right?
    11-09-11 11:43 AM
    I'll bump this. Just read Google killed support for the blackberry app and I haven't even turned my playbook this month, but last I check STILL no app support for gmail.

Major Comeback any second, right?
    Why do you need a gmail app on a blackberry?
    11-09-11 12:18 PM
    Why do you need a gmail app on a blackberry?
    I don't. And when I had a blackberry I never used it. But I know people did.
    11-09-11 01:16 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD