Just received my 9900 from Orange UK, but got a couple of problems.

First, there is a faint horizontal line going across the screen from one side to the other, screen problem?

Secondly, I've put a sim card in and it still says insert sim, faulty phone?

I was contemplating the 4S and it looks like I'm going to go to swap it over, shame really, the bold is a really nice phone.
    10-18-11 08:38 AM
    why dont u just return it to orange and get a replacement...i really dont think hardware defect is peculiar to RIM and blackberry.
    10-18-11 08:50 AM
    I've waited long enough now I've got to send it back for a new one, what a joke.
    10-18-11 08:55 AM
    Wow, another 4s threat. Just go, and good riddance. I'd have more respect for you if oyu threatened to go to android instead of hopping on the band wagon.
    Yout complaint is valid though, but like the other writer said - you can have a problem with the hardware in any platform.
    So long
    10-18-11 08:59 AM

Faulty? anything else i can try?
    10-18-11 08:59 AM
    It's not a threat, i really like this phone and will keep it, just not happy that i have received a faulty one, now i have pay to send it back to Orange and await a new one!

I'm pissed off!
    10-18-11 09:00 AM
    Going to update to the latest official OS to see if that helps, fantastic phone though! keyboard is unmatched to anything i've ever typed on, and it's so fast compared to my torch WOW!
    Last edited by junglebungle; 10-18-11 at 09:17 AM.
    10-18-11 09:01 AM
    Just for the record, faulty phones can happen with every manufacturer. That's hardly a reason to renounce the phone. It kind of sounds like you're just looking for a reason to switch. And if that's the case, go for it. Everyone is entitled to the phone they desire. Just don't blame it on one faulty phone.

For the record, I've had an iPhone fail for no reason. So it happens even to the fabled iPhone.
    10-18-11 09:27 AM
    Just for the record, faulty phones can happen with every manufacturer. That's hardly a reason to renounce the phone. It kind of sounds like you're just looking for a reason to switch. And if that's the case, go for it. Everyone is entitled to the phone they desire. Just don't blame it on one faulty phone.

For the record, I've had an iPhone fail for no reason. So it happens even to the fabled iPhone.
    Yeah i understand that, I'm updating it now to see if it fixes it though, if not i'll return it for another one, this phone is GREAT so far.... i love it.

Sorry about the 4s comments, i was just angry lol
    10-18-11 09:28 AM
    Just updated, sim is working but the screen still got a line, oh well, have to replace it!
    10-18-11 09:46 AM
    The 4s is crap though, lots of problems. The battery life is completely unacceptable as well, you will only get like 6 hours out of that thing. Plus they crash a lot and always freeze. Everybody I know that had an iphone has switched over to blackberry now. It's a much better product.
    10-18-11 09:50 AM
    Just updated, sim is working but the screen still got a line, oh well, have to replace it!
    Is it the screen or the background picture? Hard to tell from your photo.

Have you tried changing the wallpaper to see if the line is still there?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-11 09:52 AM
    Is it the screen or the background picture? Hard to tell from your photo.

Have you tried changing the wallpaper to see if the line is still there?

Yeah it's on every screen i go on, it's definitely a fault with the screen, good news though just rung Orange they got me a replacement coming out tomorrow and i have to give this one to the courier, not too bad after all!

And thanks for the 4S statement, I'm sticking with Blackberry, it's perfect for what i use it for, and i can't get over this keyboard!

I started with the 9700 > 9800 now the 9900, best one yet!
    10-18-11 10:02 AM
    If you're concerned about the VERY thin line that runs just below the time and date and just above the area of the home screen that shows the icons, (that appears to be what the arrow in your screen shot is pointing towards) that is SUPPOSED to be there to delineate between the two areas of the screen. It's not a defect. I have it on my phone (Bold 9900) as well. It's the same line that runs along the bottom of the home screen where the panel banner names shows.
    10-18-11 10:25 AM
    If you're concerned about the VERY thin line that runs just below the time and date and just above the area of the home screen that shows the icons, (that appears to be what the arrow in your screen shot is pointing towards) that is SUPPOSED to be there to delineate between the two areas of the screen. It's not a defect. I have it on my phone (Bold 9900) as well. It's the same line that runs along the bottom of the home screen where the panel banner names shows.
    Not that one. Look in the photo, it's the one underneath that one... that's NOT supposed to be there.

junglebungle likes this.
    10-18-11 10:28 AM
    No I'm not on about that one, there is a blatant line isn't supposed to be there on the phone, it's a fault, even when watching videos you can see it etc, the picture i took wasn't very clear, but you can make it out.
    10-18-11 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD