I am sorry but does ANYONE believe this. There are just too many spelling and grammatical mistakes to take this guy seriously.

Using "an" where "and" was the correct word.

And this gem, "Sorry there was 2 guys I drove all day too appointments and one was a board of director"

I am not sure if reading these posts are sad, annoying or funny.
    Ahahaha

You fail.

I post all the time and hardly ever go back and correct my spelling and grammar errors.. see.. lots of people are busy and can't resist checking in here one and awhile.

Most times i can't bother fixing posts unless i re-read it after posting and the mistakes changes what i'm trying to say.

But I can see liquored Higher ups talking to a driver... Most people talk with out thinking about what that person knows or how them spread what they tell them.

I lived in the same building as professional Football players and they would tell me things all the time... Not once thinking a was a passionate fan that followed a forum dedicated to the team closly..

Just saying.
    07-29-11 04:32 PM
    he said he drove 2 people - the operations guy and the director.
    07-29-11 04:39 PM
    I've seen threads like this before. There was on a long time ago with someone claiming they got to play Halo 3 before the release date. Everyone jumped on him and called BS and eventually the thread got closed. Turned out when the game came out, he was telling the truth.

I take this thread as what it is, information to be taken like you would take it he told you in person. Personally, I think he's telling the truth.

But I guess we'll all who was right when it releases.
    07-29-11 04:41 PM
    With all due respect to the OP it's simply madness to accept as the truth information from an anonymous person posting on a forum and claiming to be a "limo driver" who "drove a tipsy RIM executive." I cannot stress that enough. They are just words that can be typed by anyone with absolutely no verification, and it's easy enough to make anything sound authentic by use of style and dropping in arbitrary bits of detail here and there, and acting offended by anyone who questions your story etc. Of course it is quite possible the the OP is genuine, but it's equally as possible that he's a BS'er who has seen how frantic people on this forum are for info and has decided to have a little bit of fun and draw attention to himself.

And look at the reaction - people saying we should be grateful for his effort to let us know this info etc....come on! That just makes you sound desperate. Anyone with finely attuned internet BS sensors will be taking this thread with the giant pinch of salt it deserves. "Why would I lie" is not an adequate defense and to be honest I wish people would stop grasping at straws like this. You're just setting yourself up for any number of BS stories from people eager to take advantage of the fact that you're desperate for info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    WOW do you go around talking about the Easter Bunny to little kids also?

07-29-11 04:48 PM
    I don't know if it true or not but I enjoyed reading it, so thanks for posting.

bulls2213 likes this.
    07-29-11 04:50 PM
    Why not tell a limo driver? That keeps people excited and not buying other phones. It also keeps it from being official. What is the down side?

I have not read the entire thread but it seems like people have nothing better to do than call other members dishonest. Most websites ban these people for destroying the natural flow of the conversation.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 07-29-11 at 05:13 PM.
    07-29-11 05:05 PM
    This thread has out lived it's usefulness.
    Before you do that, I have a serious question for the OP: have you had a chance to meet Smoke yet, and if so what phone is *he* rocking?
    07-29-11 05:12 PM
    I'm sorry, but did anyone understand what this guy was saying?

I mean't like the person's name he was talking about.

Sorry, My english IS EXTREME BAD >.<.

And I'm 13.
    07-29-11 05:19 PM
    This thread has out lived it's usefulness & is about to be closed. Either way the 9900 is slated to release in Oct for AT&T and he was correct about that.
    First you say there was a push to release Torch and bold touch before iphone 5 release now your saying the 9900 is coming out in october after the iphone 5??

07-29-11 05:37 PM
    Jesus H......it'll be out when it's out.......who cares about what some dude supposedly said? It's a phone......yeah, I want it too, but whining, moaning, complaining doesn't get you anywhere. Just wait until it is released - then everyone will start the bashing threads.....happens with every device.
    07-29-11 05:42 PM
    First you say there was a push to release Torch and bold touch before iphone 5 release now your saying the 9900 is coming out in october after the iphone 5??

What's your point? I didn't know you knew the exact date of the new iPhone launch? Furthermore, there is a push. But it's not ready until it's ready. It might come before Oct. But probably not.
    07-29-11 05:44 PM
    What's your point? I didn't know you knew the exact date of the new iPhone launch? Furthermore, there is a push. But it's not ready until it's ready. It might come before Oct. But probably not.
    Its not ready? Its coming out in several diffrent countires next month and looks to be coming out for sprint and verizon next month as well. I'm just confused does AT&T want this phone out before or after the iphone 5

07-29-11 05:53 PM
    Its not ready? Its coming out in several diffrent countires next month and looks to be coming out for sprint and verizon next month as well. I'm just confused does AT&T want this phone out before or after the iphone 5

Remember the original 9000?? AT&T released it months after the others. Because it wasn't ready. The Rogers 9000 on .125 was HORRIBLE!! Orange even discontinued it until it was fix. Which required a hardware upgrade. When AT&T released it, it was truly ready.

Keep in mind that carriers over the pond simply don't have as stringent technical acceptance programs that we do over here. The 9860 has been at VZW for 4 months.

Yes AT&T wants to get the 9900 out ASAP. But they won't just get it out to get it out at the expense of their customers and all the complaints & service they'll have to give devices that aren't ready will cost them money.

The Torch 2 has always been first to launch. Exclusivity has it's perks and it only makes sense. Then you have the 9900 & 9860. Both are coming soon. The 99 has had some issues that AT&T just won't overlook. But yes they want to get it out ASAP. And will do so, but it's going to be Sept/Oct.
    07-29-11 06:22 PM
    This is the perfect opportunity to cut my loses. I still have an 8900 5-OS (so NO 3G). I've been able for upgrade since Feb, and waiting patiently for the 9900. It's time to jump ship to 1 of the other carriers. So what happens if I jump with 1 yr left on contract? Who do you recommend between Verizon, T-Mobile, or Sprint? I live in Chicago, and the AT&T service is OK when I traveling around the city and burbs (not downtown). However it sucks in my basement and inside many other buildings. My wife's has a little flip phone on Verizon that works fine in our basement. ATT makes it seem like I will lose a leg if I jump ship.
    07-29-11 06:22 PM
    This is the perfect opportunity to cut my loses. I still have an 8900 5-OS (so NO 3G). I've been able for upgrade since Feb, and waiting patiently for the 9900. It's time to jump ship to 1 of the other carriers. So what happens if I jump with 1 yr left on contract? Who do you recommend between Verizon, T-Mobile, or Sprint? I live in Chicago, and the AT&T service is OK when I traveling around the city and burbs (not downtown). However it sucks in my basement and inside many other buildings. My wife's has a little flip phone on Verizon that works fine in our basement. ATT makes it seem like I will lose a leg if I jump ship.
    I would suggest Verizon if you're going to switch carriers. Verizon & AT&T are the best and have the best coverage.
    berryblueballs likes this.
    07-29-11 06:28 PM
    07-29-11 06:33 PM
    It's interesting they didn't have as much pull over at Verizon. Does anyone know why that could be? The iPhone isn't as big over there? Or does Verizon have the backbone that AT&T apparently lacks. Darn my carrier!!!!!! Ughhhhhhh

Apple only went to Verizon because they saturated on AT&T and had to open a new US carrier to compete with growing Android marketshare. I don't think they have Verizon by the balls like they have AT&T because Verizon was doing just fine with Droids. I don't think it is selling as well on Verizon either.
    07-29-11 06:40 PM
    While you can put some stock in JD Power, don't go all in on it. I've been with AT&T(formerly Cingular) for over 10 years and have had zero issues, especially with customer service.

I would check this VZW coverage locator--> https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=787jnHag

to be sure, but I feel certain they have sufficient coverage in your area. I prefer AT&T, but to each his own.
    07-29-11 06:42 PM
    He said AT &t was pressured by Iphone too slow launch of Bold he believes.
    Why's that NOT surprise me!
    07-29-11 06:43 PM
    Apple only went to Verizon because they saturated on AT&T and had to open a new US carrier to compete with growing Android marketshare. I don't think they have Verizon by the balls like they have AT&T because Verizon was doing just fine with Droids. I don't think it is selling as well on Verizon either.
    From what I'm told by a friend who works for VZW, the iPhone on Verizon was a flop.
    07-29-11 06:44 PM
    From what I'm told by a friend who works for VZW, the iPhone on Verizon was a flop.
    Lol. I would seriously question that friend's knowledge in regard to those matters.

07-29-11 07:16 PM
    I don’t know if you could call it a “flop”, but it surely didn’t live up to market speculation.
    07-29-11 07:24 PM
    The thread is closed..
    07-29-11 08:42 PM
123 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD