Limo driver by trade. Drove TODAY a RIM big shot who saw I had an Iphone. He ask me if I liked it I said yea, why I ask? He said He is a Higher up for Blackberry and they are close to releasing a couple new phones , I told him I didn't like my friends old Bold he had it was too slow an outdated when I used it last year. He ask me what carrier I was with I said AT&T. He then told me that I should give the new Bold Touch a look, it was a touchscreen with a much faster processor and the graphics were tremendous, but........ He said AT&T would be the last to launch it probably in October!!! Good news for you On Verizon it's a for sure August release date he said ! 2nd week same for Sprint and T mobile! He said AT &t was pressured by Iphone too slow launch of Bold he believes. I hope this helps those of you that are hearing all these different dates . I told him that stunk cause I hate my iPhone reception on AT&T and am eligible for an upgrade now but since iPhone 5 will be out in October I might as well wait for that phone . He said that's what there afraid of at RIM!!! Indianapolis In

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-11 02:04 AM
    Give me a break ! My 15 month old is on top of my chest sleeping as I type. Sleepy too

07-29-11 02:10 AM
    Well hopefully it launches sooner than that. Bummer if it takes that long on at$t.
    07-29-11 02:14 AM
    Interesting... They are really that open about confidential information like that though...? To a random limo driver...? You sure it wasn't just some guy pullin your leg?
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 07-29-11 at 02:41 AM.
    07-29-11 02:38 AM
    If true this is good news on the TMO front and just one more reason I don't want AT&T to buy TMO.

07-29-11 02:41 AM
    I have his card. He is the Midwest operations boss... He also Had the bold touch with him and a Torch 2 ? Think that's what he called it.

07-29-11 02:44 AM
    As much as some of that didn't make sense, at the same time, it did!

I actually agree with those dates judging by how things are currently going. With AT&T focusing on the Torch 9810, the 9900 might be put off for a little at this point. The other US carriers seem to be on track for August with the 9930/9900.

Thanks for the input doublewing!
    07-29-11 02:45 AM
    Looking at this card he is a Board of director for RIM. He was also alittle tipsy after his dinner so he wouldn't shut up!!

07-29-11 02:52 AM
    Looking at this card he is a Board of director for RIM. He was also alittle tipsy after his dinner so he wouldn't shut up!!
    Yikes. Hopefully this doesn't get him in trouble.
    07-29-11 02:55 AM
    Sorry there was 2 guys I drove all day too appointments and one was a board of director, the other was a operations guy. He tipped me 20% by the way so i appreciated that.. Drove them to dinner at the famous St Elmo steakhouse in Indy.. I think info is solid but we shall see.

07-29-11 02:56 AM
    Yikes. Hopefully this doesn't get him in trouble.
    I was just thinking the same thing. The secret is out now if RIM employees do monitor CB.

07-29-11 02:58 AM
    I didn't use his last name cause I don't want him to get in trouble. I have both of there names just looked up RIM board of directors and Yep, he's on the list... 2nd week of august for everyone but AT&t.

07-29-11 03:01 AM
    So apple are generating their own sales buy manipulating the carrier in order to give their product greater exposure ... so they must feel that they wouldn't do as well if on a level playing field. mmmmmm
    07-29-11 03:01 AM
    I agree . That's bull**** an I have iPhone.

07-29-11 03:04 AM
    It's interesting they didn't have as much pull over at Verizon. Does anyone know why that could be? The iPhone isn't as big over there? Or does Verizon have the backbone that AT&T apparently lacks. Darn my carrier!!!!!! Ughhhhhhh

07-29-11 03:06 AM
    Well then I wonder why Verizon isn't doing the same? They carry the iPhone as well. I'm sure this time around they will do a simultaneous launch too. I think some of the concern for the Bold being held off with AT&T is testing reasons. Possible hardware issues? They do happen to be one of the most strict when it comes to testing....
    07-29-11 03:06 AM
    It's interesting they didn't have as much pull over at Verizon. Does anyone know why that could be? The iPhone isn't as big over there? Or does Verizon have the backbone that AT&T apparently lacks. Darn my carrier!!!!!! Ughhhhhhh
    Read my mind!
    07-29-11 03:07 AM
    Read my mind!
    Haha! And you read mine!!!! Yea us!!!!

UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    07-29-11 03:08 AM
    Well then I wonder why Verizon isn't doing the same? They carry the iPhone as well. I'm sure this time around they will do a simultaneous launch too. I think some of the concern for the Bold being held off with AT&T is testing reasons. Possible hardware issues? They do happen to be one of the most strict when it comes to testing....
    I think I saw PG, the AT&T guy, say in another thread that they haven't even started field testing the bold yet.

07-29-11 03:10 AM
    Haha! And you read mine!!!! Yea us!!!!

I think I saw PG, the AT&T guy, say in another thread that they haven't even started field testing the bold yet.
    Right. That's what I'm referring to. Plus it seems they are focusing more on the Torch 2 since they have it exclusively.
    07-29-11 03:15 AM
    This all lines up with what PG and CX have been saying. Bold will come later on AT&T. Torch 2 coming Augustish.
    07-29-11 03:17 AM
    I have a strong feeling the 9900 will be out in Europe before US.

07-29-11 03:31 AM
    I have a strong feeling the 9900 will be out in Europe before US.
    It's pretty much a given at this point. I'm sure it'll be out there around Aug 15, which several UK stores are pointing to.
    07-29-11 03:32 AM
    07-29-11 03:43 AM
    If it is out that late then I might just ebay a Roger's one.

07-29-11 03:51 AM
123 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD