Just passing this info on. If you have a nook charger, it seems to charge the 9930 faster than a normal micro-usb charger.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-11 11:38 AM
    The BB charger output is 700mA, while the Nook charger output is 1900mA. It should charge a lot faster.

BTW, be aware that the Nook will charge very slowly with the BB charger. It'll be about the same as trying to charge directly from the USB port on your computer.
    09-24-11 03:36 PM
    Is this the charger that comes with the original nook?

09-24-11 03:47 PM
    So you think RIM gave us all 700ma chargers just to make us all wait longer. Let us know how things turn out in a few months when your battery is toast.

09-24-11 04:34 PM
    If the battery is working properly, a fast charge is not going to shorten its life to a couple of months. It might shave a few months off of its normal life cycle of a couple of years, at worst.

It's like filling a pool with a little hose or a bigger hose. As long as the flow is turned off when its full, there's little difference. And that technology is built into the batteries.

Larger batteries require a larger flow or it would take forever to charge. The PlayBook charger will also charge your phone faster and RIM even tells you its OK. Is that because it is OK or are they trying to get people to burn out their batteries to sell more product?
    09-24-11 06:38 PM
    Good point Scionic, I just recall all the horror stories of people using non oem chargers and waking up to warped batteries. Proceed at your own risk.

09-24-11 08:23 PM
    So you think RIM gave us all 700ma chargers just to make us all wait longer. Let us know how things turn out in a few months when your battery is toast.

Playbook charger output its 2000ma and with the nook charger you are not going to kill the phone if it have same voltage

BTW if you buy a Playbook charger you will load it faster hehe

Its totally safe
    09-24-11 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD