I was wondering how good the noise cancellation is on the 9900. I have the 9700 on AT&T and it is terrible. People tell me all the time how much background noise they can hear. I called my land line and left a voicemail and was surprised how loud the background noise is. I recently purchased the iPhone 4S and have to say the noise cancellation is fantastic!! I really want to buy the 9900 when it comes out on AT&T but need a phone that filters out the background noise well. I'm in airports and driving often so this is important I miss the keyboard but will give up the keyboard for better call quality. If someone has both the iPhone 4S and 9900 an could test the two would be great.

Thanks.
    10-23-11 12:49 AM
    9900 won't beat a dedicated noice cancellation processor (Audience which iphone 4 and nexus one and many others use seems are working very good, i can be at cinema and the other party didn't realize it). Maybe you need motorola finiti or jawbone bluetooth if you want to use 9900 with noise cancellation :-)
    10-23-11 01:00 AM
    All I know is, if I hold the phone on the right side, I'm told that my voice is muffled (due to speaker placement) I was wondering if the 9930 thinks I'm the noise.
    10-23-11 09:01 AM
    Are you maybe placing a finger near or over the mic when you hold it on your right side?
    10-23-11 09:08 AM
    Under Call Management/In Call Settings I have Enabled Automatic Volume Control and also Boost Treble. I have asked nearly everyone I call how it sounds and all have said very clear, very loud!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    AugustArborists and melander like this.
    10-23-11 01:58 PM
    Thanks albee. Didn't realize these settings existed

10-23-11 03:42 PM
    Thanks albee. Didn't realize these settings existed

Anytime Czar, like most BB parameters you just. Gotta try em to see if you like em!

10-23-11 05:23 PM
    Albee, thanks, people said I was coming through muffled on my 9810. Clear now! Nice find.
    10-23-11 07:44 PM
    9900 won't beat a dedicated noice cancellation processor (Audience which iphone 4 and nexus one and many others use seems are working very good, i can be at cinema and the other party didn't realize it). Maybe you need motorola finiti or jawbone bluetooth if you want to use 9900 with noise cancellation :-)
    Thanks. I'll have to wait until AT&T releases it and give it a try. Hopefully it will be better than the 9700.
    10-23-11 08:16 PM
    Albee, thanks, people said I was coming through muffled on my 9810. Clear now! Nice find.
    Glad I could help AA!

Last edited by albee 1; 10-23-11 at 08:35 PM.
    10-23-11 08:33 PM
    Are you maybe placing a finger near or over the mic when you hold it on your right side?
    I'm thinking I am blocking it physically but with my chin. So I can either hold it more horizontally so the right bottom is more horizontal with the plane or more vertically so the sounds travels backward. But holding it vertically so the sound travels backward is not always immediately heard by the other party, so I end up using the phone on the left side.
    10-24-11 05:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD