I'm at the University of Waterloo and everybody I have met so far who have blackberries use the older bold or curve models and aren't impressed by my bold 9900. So sad.
    mssca likes this.
    09-23-11 07:30 PM
    I'm at the University of Waterloo and everybody I have met so far who have blackberries use the older bold or curve models and aren't impressed by my bold 9900. So sad.
    +1 in northern california
    09-23-11 07:37 PM
    +1 in northern california
    You know what is worse though... Students are so "awed" and talking always about the newest/latest non bb smartphones. Made me kind of regret my purchase at first :0
    09-23-11 07:45 PM
    this could be one of the dumbest , most pointless threads...thanks for the laugh and get a life
    09-23-11 07:50 PM
    Just as a heads-up, I go to University of Waterloo (4th year Mechanical Engineering) and I've got myself a 9900
    09-23-11 07:53 PM
    Kudos x 100 to r.santa1. I agree fully.

In my world phones are for calling and communicating with other humans, never as a spiffy belt buckle.
    I know more iPhone breaks for no reason compared to BBs. But in my experience you can drop the iPhone4 on the ground several times before it breaks compared my Bold 9700, went down once and I had to fix the speaker phone. My dad Blackberry dropped on the concrete and the keypad needed a fix. While more iPhones breaks due to manufacturing defects than BBs what's the point of having a mobile phone if "communicating with other(s)" are impossible thanks to RIM's low quality control? Drop once without any protection, broken forever.

Other than my brother's iPhone once had to be replaced under warranty for manufacturing defect, he dropped many, many times and it still works. Also, I CAN NOT, yes I CAN NOT communicate with my professors in University of Calgary in class questions because my stupid BIS won't let the school access my phone. All my friends with Windows phones, iPhones and Androids send their clicker questions using their phone while I have to carry the laptop to answer questions.

RIM needs to get it act together. Oh by the way, according to your logic, Internet is ONLY supposed to be used between universities and colleges to share data, not for crackberry the same way the phones are for communication between humans. Live in stone age RIM. Google, MS, Apple or someone please buy out the RIM. If not for the keyboard, I am gone from BBs already.
    09-23-11 09:01 PM
    I know more iPhone breaks for no reason compared to BBs. But in my experience you can drop the iPhone4 on the ground several times before it breaks compared my Bold 9700, went down once and I had to fix the speaker phone. My dad Blackberry dropped on the concrete and the keypad needed a fix. While more iPhones breaks due to manufacturing defects than BBs what's the point of having a mobile phone if "communicating with other(s)" are impossible thanks to RIM's low quality control? Drop once without any protection, broken forever.

Other than my brother's iPhone once had to be replaced under warranty for manufacturing defect, he dropped many, many times and it still works. Also, I CAN NOT, yes I CAN NOT communicate with my professors in University of Calgary in class questions because my stupid BIS won't let the school access my phone. All my friends with Windows phones, iPhones and Androids send their clicker questions using their phone while I have to carry the laptop to answer questions.

RIM needs to get it act together. Oh by the way, according to your logic, Internet is ONLY supposed to be used between universities and colleges to share data, not for crackberry the same way the phones are for communication between humans. Live in stone age RIM. Google, MS, Apple or someone please buy out the RIM. If not for the keyboard, I am gone from BBs already.

If you took the time to actually look at surveys blackberry always comes out on top for the least repairs. Also all phones if dropped will get some damage whether its a scratch or unusable damage you can't tell me the iphone is drop proof. If you don't BB then that's fine just keep the negative comments elsewhere.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    09-23-11 10:04 PM
    Half my friends have Apple phones, and the other half have Blackberries.
    I have to say that people from BOTH groups are quite impressed with my new 9900 (obviously more from the BB group) but in general they all have good things to say about it.
    Touchscreen is great, and the keyboard almost eveyone says is amazing. I tell my Apple friends to try to type something, and they love the keyboard :-)
    09-23-11 11:24 PM
    this could be one of the dumbest , most pointless threads...thanks for the laugh and get a life
    +1 Good one!!! they made me always thing as paid agents from RIM's competitors, now they want students attentions.
    09-23-11 11:33 PM
    I don't buy a phone to "impress" anyone but myself.
    But... I have had more compliments on my 9900 than any phone I have ever owned in the last 20 years combined. Apple, Android, BB owners... doesn't matter. Everyone is saying "Wow, that's a great looking phone" "Man, that screen is beautiful" "Woah, this is a really nice keyboard to type one" "Wha-What? It's got a touch screen too?"
    It's gotten to the point where I try to keep it in my pocket when I'm not answering a call or a text.
    09-23-11 11:37 PM
    People at my University (CSUF) were jealous and surprised that there is a BlackBerry that is actually this thin. I always catch people staring at my phone. But I didn't get my phone for them... I've used ios and android but I still came back the BB... I can't quite figure it out but I do know BBM is like crack
    09-24-11 04:39 AM
    I was at a miss party last night and there were a lot of blackberry's around and I seemed the only one with a 9900, so what? I like my phone and I dont care :P
    09-24-11 06:10 AM
    09-24-11 06:20 AM
    @ my work, When I joined, most of the guys were using dumb Samsung touch phones... me and my boss were only BB guys. After playing with my 8520 for some days, three out of our total 11 local staff opted for 9300's !! Another two will buy this month.... All of them are so impressed with the overall BB experience. Now imagine if I buy 9900 or 9810 ;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-11 06:27 AM
    This is one of the dumbest, most pointless comments... Thanks for the laugh and get a life

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    DarshOne likes this.
    09-24-11 09:56 AM
    for the record, this thread isnt about impressing anyone like most of you seem to think. im bummed no one has a 9900 because only os7 devices can take advantage of all the 'great new features' RIM has given us. i bought my 9930 because i need a pysical keybaord and BBM. News flash BBM is worthless if no one else has a BB. and BBM6 is useless if your friends are using BBM4. stop trying to make this about materialism, its about the fact that people arent upgrading to the new phone and you cant do things like AR chat with those people using a CURVE.
    09-24-11 10:26 AM
    what are u talking about ive seen so many at UW....
    09-24-11 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD