So, recently I was robbed and the man took my phone. A friend of mine gave me his old BB Bold while I can't get a new phone.
    I recovered my SIM card back in a store and tried to use it in BB, but it doesn't works. There's still "Insert SIM card" in the upper screen and when I go to SIM card settings it says that there's no valid SIM card.
    What do I do? It's a 7.0 version OS, is there any update I can get? If so, would it help? I still haven't actived the SIM card yet, if I active it in another phone and put it back in BB, it would work?
    I really need a phone, damn'
    09-12-19 10:49 PM
    So, recently I was robbed and the man took my phone. A friend of mine gave me his old BB Bold while I can't get a new phone.
    I recovered my SIM card back in a store and tried to use it in BB, but it doesn't works. There's still "Insert SIM card" in the upper screen and when I go to SIM card settings it says that there's no valid SIM card.
    What do I do? It's a 7.0 version OS, is there any update I can get? If so, would it help? I still haven't actived the SIM card yet, if I active it in another phone and put it back in BB, it would work?
    I really need a phone, damn'
    Sorry to hear about the robbery. Sounds like you’re ok and if so that’s what really matters. Now for phone.

It sounds like the BlackBerry is locked to another carrier. Perhaps if you get it unlocked, then it will recognize your new SIM after.
    wanderai likes this.
    09-13-19 04:55 AM
    Yeah, I'm ok, thanks, it was fast and nobody was hurt.
    I'm from Brazil man, my SIM card operator is TIM, but the phone has national certification (Anatel, this kind of thing). I'll try to active my SIM in another phone right now.
    09-13-19 08:30 AM