Try and scan through the crackberry blogs for the latest release for the 9930. It's probably 7.1.0.2xx or 7.1.0.3xx. Load 'er up once you do come across it, then it should solve the issue. But when loading it up, load it clean, only restore what you use, such as (only applicable to you, such as only what you'll use) calendar, contacts (addressbook - all), memopad, options, theme settings, icon arrangement, BBM options, BBM groups, Browser Bookmarks. Skip everything else. It could be one of those settings causing it.
    MrVeda likes this.
    05-07-12 01:44 AM
    I've been searching for DAYS now trying to find the real solution to this problem. I have two persons who I sold 9930s to who have the problem so I need to get it sorted out. I tried downgrading from 7.1.0.163 back to 7.0. I removed the software with Jl_Cmder and upgraded to the new .402 leaked version. Nothing seems to be working. Can you guys PLEASE PLEASE direct me to what the permanent fix is. It must be a software issue because it is fixed via a battery pull or software change.

This is only an issue on some of the 9930s, not all of them. We need a fix like yesterday! Thanks for the reply!
    05-07-12 05:27 PM
    I've been searching for DAYS now trying to find the real solution to this problem. I have two persons who I sold 9930s to who have the problem so I need to get it sorted out. I tried downgrading from 7.1.0.163 back to 7.0. I removed the software with Jl_Cmder and upgraded to the new .402 leaked version. Nothing seems to be working. Can you guys PLEASE PLEASE direct me to what the permanent fix is. It must be a software issue because it is fixed via a battery pull or software change.

This is only an issue on some of the 9930s, not all of them. We need a fix like yesterday! Thanks for the reply!
    Try doing a security wipe, then only restore the essentuals from a backup, such as e-mail, calendar, addressbook, browser bookmarks, memopad and theme settings. Skip everything else. Then see if it works.
    05-07-12 05:34 PM
    While I do not have this issue on my Verizon 9930 my wife does on her Sprint 9930.

I have found that it seems to only crop up after she had been playing media, something I do not do on my work 9930. More specially I switch to her open music player instance to see a song loaded up (likely due to a received call that hosed up the player instead of pausing it properly.

The media player cannot be closed properly at that point (the process continues to run). Holding the power down and selecting full power off will cause the media player app to crash without audio available yet to hear calls. I believe this is a software issue affecting the 9930.

Of couse an alt + shift + delete will bring the device down hard and the device will be fine for a while the issue needs to be corrected soon. She is getting quite frustrated.
    05-12-12 08:59 PM
    Suddenly I noticed I had missed 2 calls I had been expecting. My LED was blinking a variety of colours thanks to BeBuzz, however I was sure I had set my BlackBerry Bold 9900 to "Loud". After classically checking setting and pulling out the battery, I started to research and found out that this is an issue that others have too.

Solution: Remove " one touch flashlight " and / or the new version of "Hookt" then reboot the device.
    06-14-12 05:52 AM
    Suddenly I noticed I had missed 2 calls I had been expecting. My LED was blinking a variety of colours thanks to BeBuzz, however I was sure I had set my BlackBerry Bold 9900 to "Loud". After classically checking setting and pulling out the battery, I started to research and found out that this is an issue that others have too.

Solution: Remove " one touch flashlight " and / or the new version of "Hookt" then reboot the device.
    This app may be a problem, but even with no third-party apps, I still lose sound.
    06-14-12 10:29 PM
    I traded up from a 9700 to a 9930 on Verizon. After a week of use, I tried making a call and says connected but no sound. The other person can hear me calling but cannot hear anything else. I cannot hear anything - no ringing or answering or any sound at all.

Battery Pull restores the sound but this problem recurs every 3 or 4 days and cannot hear incoming or make outgoing calls. Very frustrating!

Is there another thread covering this issue with a resolution? Does installing a leaked OS help? I am running Verizon's stock 7.1.0.163 and tried deleting ALL Apps - makes no difference.
    Same here. "Upgraded" from my 9700 (it was well used and needed to be replaced) to a 9900 (on Bell). I have the same issues as you do. I dont, nor have I ever had any flashlight apps installed so I find it hard to believe that this is the only solution. Oh and I'm running 7.1.0.267.
    09-16-12 09:10 PM
    Has anybody tried the latest OS release to see if it would solve that issue?
    09-16-12 09:12 PM
    i have the lastest... Official 9900 OS 7.1.0.569 Claro Dominican Republic...
    Yesterday unistalled the flashlight apps. Testing today.
    Last edited by sgpika; 09-17-12 at 11:31 AM.
    09-17-12 10:47 AM
    Never installed another flashlight app again after .267, never had a problem with audio ever again. Hmm.

9900, 7.1.0.649, Telus.
    09-17-12 03:35 PM
    I have a storm 9550 the only thing i did different was try to download the new bbm and then i rebooted. There has been no sound since. Hep plz!
    12-12-12 08:24 AM
    I have a storm 9550 the only thing i did different was try to download the new bbm and then i rebooted. There has been no sound since. Hep plz!
    SIMPLE: Remove the new bbm, unless you're trolling... :\
    12-12-12 02:51 PM
    Anyone ever find a solution to this? Just got a 9790 at Christmas and it started doing this last Friday. On Monday, after it happened for the third time, I wiped the device. I did restore everything... but another person mentioned they had the problem with a new phone that they restored nothing to. I also removed the "free 2-in-1 flashlight" (or whatever) app. I thought things were fine until it happened again today. Fourth time in six days. I only make one or two calls a day...

When I upgrade to a Z10, this is supposed to become my wife's occasional use/emergency phone. (Maybe overkill, yes, but also great for SMS, music & podcasts.) I can't give it to her like this.
    01-17-13 08:09 PM
    I'm glad I found this thread. I have been having the same problem with my BB 9930 for months. It used to happen only occasionally but now it happens everyday that I have to reboot my BB at least once to restore the sound back. Today, I have rebooted my BB twice so far. At first I thought it was the Bebuzz. So i removed it and started using ColorID. Same issue. I'm going to remove the flashlight app and see if that works.
    fabio984 likes this.
    02-21-13 04:58 PM
    I got to know that it is technically called 'Ghost call' issue.
    For me the problem got sorted out after installing the v7.1 (7.1.0 Bundle 1149) update that was launched a year ago for BB bold 9900. Now, it is very, very occasional; might have happened twice in 1 whole year and settles on a restart.
    Also, when the sound goes off, the indications are:
    1. keypad, while dialing a number (in call list) goes mute.
    2. while dialing a number (in call list), the phone hangs.
    03-26-13 10:57 PM
    I had a 9790 that did this. It was before OS 7.1 came out for the BB7 devices. A battery pull would solve the problem but it was only temporary. The OS was to blame. I'm pretty sure if I had upgraded to 7.1 it would have fixed the issue.
    03-27-13 06:48 PM
    I started to have a very reliable alarm, ie only going off occasionally. I uninstalled a flashlight app, did a battery pull but same problem,
    I even did a 2 re-installs including a 'factory wipe' and a 'security wipe' with only default programs loaded. The verdict- WORSE. I know have no sound at all!
    I even tried this: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...d-free-754825/
    No luck, I am no very annoyed< Im not sure if I can do anymore??
    Please assist if you can.
    06-03-13 09:06 PM
    Wipe, reload without restoring backup just to see if that solves anything. If it does, it's something in the backup causing it. Restoring JUST the address book, would at least keep your contacts. Or use blackberry protect to restore the contacts if you already have it installed with a recent backup made using it.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-04-13 03:57 AM
    I bought new blackberry 9900 2 weeks ago. I installed few apps from apps world. After 1 week ring tones ,alarm, messages sounds not working. When remove battery and restart device sounds ok. But after 1 day it happens again. I done security wipe also. But still same..I gave it to mobile phone shop to back and they gave me it afer 2 days and said they reloaded new soft ware. Bundle 2061. But that problem sitll same. what should I do.
    10-25-13 03:24 PM
    See my earlier post.
    10-25-13 03:34 PM
    i got same problem with my blackberry 9900 any time my blackberry got shutdown all sound got disable pls i need your help.
    06-13-14 07:14 PM
    i got same problem with my blackberry 9900 any time my blackberry got shutdown all sound got disable pls i need your help.
    Battery pull, also make sure you didn't just yank out the headset at an angle as that could screw it up BIG TIME.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-14-14 03:14 AM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD