12-26-11 04:08 AM
38 12
tools
    Kingdom_Living, do you have a battery for it when it arrives to fire it up?
    12-23-11 02:13 PM
    Today is the day i received the bold 9900. From what I can tell it seems as if its bricked. The symntons it has it when a battery is placed in the phone it comes on for a few seconds with an hour glass then just powers back off with the red light. I can plug it into the computer with no battery in and it displays a picture of the battery with an X. So im hoping a simple OS install will fix the problem. The keyboad seems a little odd with the foriegn writing anyone have any idea what language its in?

12-24-11 01:23 PM
    Thank you very much for the posting and the information, hope you can get it work it, cause we will want to make it the same way, I have two of them pending payment but need to know if we can get them working, you are a brave man let me know. So hope you can provide feedback today on how things are going out.

About the keyboard layout I think it is arabic language.

12-24-11 01:47 PM
    So far no luck. Ive tried JL-Commander BBSAK APPLOADER and even doing to the update. I downloaded the latest official OS 7.0.0.590. Im downloading the LEAKED 7.1 Jasia File now and hopeing that this works. One thing has changed when the device arrived it would turn on for a few seconds with an hour glass then power off. Now it acts as if its tottally bricked. Shows red light then goes off shows red light then goes off. Heres hoping 7.1 Works. Im really stumped at this point. Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated. Ive also tried restoring nuked blackberry 101 guide as well.
    12-24-11 07:04 PM
    I am definately interested in purchasing this phone. Please do let me know how you get on kingdom_living and if you have any luck.

Was wondering, is their anything different about the phone? As it could be a fake for all we could no. Looks real enough to me though.
    12-24-11 08:48 PM
    naice updates Kingdom_Living.. hope u get it working tho..
    jst confirming that the language isnt 'Arabic'.. i think its one of the south east Asian Countries.. Hope u manage to load a working OS onto it.. then uv got urself a brand new BB 9900 at a steal
    12-25-11 02:00 AM
    Well 7.1 was a no go. Im really stumped on this one. However im going to stay persistant hoping it will pay off. My next venture is to try 7.0.0.540 Ive been reading that alot of folks seem to be having good luck with that OS. I do beleive it can be fixed and is just software related. Like I had mentioned ealier when the device arrived it did power on and show an hour glass for a few seconds now it just has a red light and powers on and off. Also if any one as any suggestions. Im able to open app loader it says errasing software, then loading software, next is waiting for device to initialize. However once it says reconnecting to the JVM. Thats where it quits. It tries to connect to it for a while then just fails. Could this be happening from not removing all of the vendor.xml files? I do have a program I downloaded to remove the vendor XML files. Also if any one would like to contact me via BBM feel free to with any thoughts and suggestions my PIN is in my signature. Thanks again and hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.
    12-25-11 07:59 AM
    Hey, did you removed both Vendor.xml files? one found in apploader, another found in:
    C:\Users\<Your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (input this under the search function, and will pop up the Loader XML file where your 2nd Vendor file will be in there).
    12-25-11 08:08 AM
    Good info but unfortunatly that did not work either.
    12-25-11 08:39 AM
    Any luck Kingdom_Living with the phone? I also added you on bbm but you've not accepted
    12-25-11 02:18 PM
    Well 7.1 was a no go. Im really stumped on this one. However im going to stay persistant hoping it will pay off. My next venture is to try 7.0.0.540 Ive been reading that alot of folks seem to be having good luck with that OS. I do beleive it can be fixed and is just software related. Like I had mentioned ealier when the device arrived it did power on and show an hour glass for a few seconds now it just has a red light and powers on and off. Also if any one as any suggestions. Im able to open app loader it says errasing software, then loading software, next is waiting for device to initialize. However once it says reconnecting to the JVM. Thats where it quits. It tries to connect to it for a while then just fails. Could this be happening from not removing all of the vendor.xml files? I do have a program I downloaded to remove the vendor XML files. Also if any one would like to contact me via BBM feel free to with any thoughts and suggestions my PIN is in my signature. Thanks again and hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.
    keep trying, my bold 9900 suddenly did something like that too, power on then red light blinking slow. i managed to install 540, but i think i tried for more than 30 minutes to plug/unlplug, start all over as it kept stopping at different stages of the installation process... in the end it went all the way and now it works great.
    12-25-11 02:22 PM
    A few people have been successful at this - I think it's a matter of timing to get the OS installed and running. It always dies at the "reconnecting to ARM" stage. I have a 9800 that does that - but tried for hours and could never get past that point.
    12-25-11 03:27 PM
    Any news kingdom_living?
    12-26-11 04:08 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD