Hi,

I only have the option of setting up an enterprise email account on my BlackBerry 9900. It's on EE in the UK, I have BIS and am registered on the network.

Help!
    11-08-17 04:04 AM
    BIS is still available?
    11-08-17 10:31 AM
    Yes on EE, though - am begiinning to doubt everything is as it should be.
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    11-08-17 02:11 PM
    BIS is still available?
    BIS is still working on Three UK. Weirdly, it self activates for free on my old SIM, with no £5 monthly sub/debit needed. (This may not work on newer accounts.)

Logicmail works, (without BIS) and can be pulled down from their site on the handset:

http://logicmail.org/
    11-09-17 01:57 AM

Is native browser working?

Since only setup option is "Enterprise"... wonder if that handset has been on BES??

Or, might need service book sent or host routing table registered? Or?? Doesn't sound like it would hurt much to try? BUT, I'm no expert on that sort of thing. VZW BIS has been exquisitely reliable for me, hence my lack of experience. So, at your own risk. A phone call to your provider might get service book sent?? If that might even help?? Otherwise there are self service methods from the handset itself... assuming that's even the problem. Fwiw.
    11-09-17 01:05 PM

Is native browser working?

Since only setup option is "Enterprise"... wonder if that handset has been on BES??

I had the same thought, if previously used as an enterprise device it may still be set up for BES. I think that there's guidance on removal of BES policies somewhere on Crackberry. If that is the problem a quick search might reveal a potential fix.
    11-09-17 04:17 PM
    If BlackBerry was used by company and there is only setup for Enterprise email. It means you have IT Policy option on. To remove it you can use for example BBSAK and wipe it. It removes IT Policy. And clean your whole phone.

I'm Polish guy so I will give you manual how to remove it from local PL site.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-17 01:17 AM
    Deleted post
    11-10-17 02:09 AM
    Yes, BIS is available in UK on EE and Vodafone (I have both) and probably others. I had a similar experience with only having the Enterprise email option but the device hadn't registered on BIS properly and a call to customer services put it right.
    12-30-17 04:49 AM
    Strange,when I was on EE last year they told me they no longer supported BIS,it was the reason I left them and went to o2.
    Don't you just love customer care.
    12-30-17 05:10 AM
    Hook up to a computer with BDM and do a factory reset from BDM Help section to remove IT policy. But this needs a version of the device software installed in the same computer. The phone would be reset to this OS version.
    That will work for OS7. There is also methods for lower OS versions in Crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-17 06:08 AM