Okay for the past couple weeks or so I see most companies like Telus and bell already releasing the 7.1 software for their blackberry.. And heard its a really good update.. I tried dl the leaked version and it totally messed up my phone so I have been waiting for Rogers to release it and so far nothing.. What is up with that Rogers.. By the time u finally release os 7.1 to the bold or any other blackberry the new blackberrys are gonna be out and no one is really gonna care
    03-27-12 02:22 PM
    That isn't right the BlackBerry was born up north with my Canadian friends and how could any carrier not have an official update. Don't try to download 7.1 unless it's official cause I crashed my phone while waiting for Sprint. I feel for you brother maybe time to change carriers if possible.
    03-27-12 02:31 PM
    If you install the 7.1 leaks properly they don't mess up your phone...

I just installed the 7.1.0.342 leak 5 minutes ago with no issues.
    03-27-12 03:02 PM
    dude...just install a leaked version. it will be exactly the same as whether rogers released it or not. ive installed many leaked os's on my torch without issue and will be doing my 9900 hopefully tonight as well
    03-27-12 03:23 PM
    I'm with Rogers and also got tired of waiting so I installed Bell's 7.1 OS. Works great so far.
    03-27-12 03:26 PM
    Hey OP, you're not alone...all we AT&T subscribers in the U.S. are still running .576
    03-27-12 03:36 PM
    Ahh yes isn't this the truth but it never shocks me with at&t.. Yeah leaked OS's are okay i've installed them but offical releases i've always had better luck with.
    03-27-12 03:42 PM
    Don't try to download 7.1 unless it's official cause I crashed my phone while waiting for Sprint. I feel for you brother maybe time to change carriers if possible.
    If you are in Canada and you tried to load a leaked OS and end up with a nuked or bricked phone, I am sure they will replace the phone without asking any questions. However, I have never ever ran into issues loading leaked OS versions.

Even now I am not on the Telus official version of the OS. I am still on the leaked OS with no issues at all. The wifi hotspot, DLNA push, better battery life and OS, etc.
    03-27-12 03:59 PM
    I'm on rogers and I have the 7.1.0.342 leak and it works great, it doesn't wreck your phone if you install it right which is very easy to instal, just read up on it!
    03-27-12 04:03 PM
    I live about 10 km from RIM's offices in Ottawa and a few 100 kms from the plant and f&^*ing Rogers is the last to update always!!!
    nabatron likes this.
    03-27-12 06:42 PM
    If you are in Canada and you tried to load a leaked OS and end up with a nuked or bricked phone, I am sure they will replace the phone without asking any questions. However, I have never ever ran into issues loading leaked OS versions.
    I had one of the first 9900s to come out (way back in August) and it was starting to suffer from severe issues. For instance, if I turned off the mobile network, it would automatically reboot the phone.

Well i tried loading one of the 7.1 OS's onto it, within 5 minutes of running the OS, the phone nuked itself. I've repaired nuked Berries before, including that 9900, but this time it was past the point of no return. Anyways, Rogers took it back no problem and replaced it, and they did not charge me a penny.
    03-27-12 08:53 PM
    You don't need to do a leaked os. I loaded tmobiles official 7.1 on my att 9900
    03-27-12 10:48 PM
    I updated my Rogers branded 9900 to 7.1 today with a leaked version and it works great.. Totally solved the battery issue for me..
    03-27-12 11:54 PM
    In the same boat, but I went to the latest 9900/9930 OS page in the CB forum and downloaded the latest official OS for the 9900. It is bundle 998, the .284 build, and it runs fine on mine. I used "everything" from the CNET site to search for the Vendor XML file and remove it. The wifi calling works fine, haven't tried the mobile hotpot yet but it shows and it worked fine before so I assume it will be fine again. pretty easy all in all
    03-28-12 09:34 AM
    I just noticed the Mobile Hotspot option in Network settings on my Rogers 9900, but I was never prompted to update the OS. This has never happened to me before...and I don't ever connect my phone to DM (I use OTA Gmail calendars and contacts exclusively). Amazing that something actually works for Rogers!
    05-16-12 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD