Anyone know if Magnum/Dakota is cancelled since they brought out the new touchscreen slider?
    03-04-10 05:14 PM
    i know the magnum idea was scraped. but the slider was never known to be the dakota. the dakota is different unit. its plan still stands. it will be released most likely in the 3rd or 4th quarter of this year.
    03-04-10 08:05 PM
    Yeah I'm also hyped for the dakota. Not interested with the slider at all with dakota in the horizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-10 03:47 AM
    i hope the dakota is still coming out. i was reading an article (can't find it anymore..) but it said something along the lines that dakota was a prototype, but the slider was the final idea that came out of it.

therefore, slider is replacing the dakota. but i'm not sure. everything seems to be speculation.
    03-06-10 03:26 PM
    i hope the dakota is still coming out. i was reading an article (can't find it anymore..) but it said something along the lines that dakota was a prototype, but the slider was the final idea that came out of it.

therefore, slider is replacing the dakota. but i'm not sure. everything seems to be speculation.
    My understanding was that the Magnum was supposed to be basically the Bold 9000 with a touch screen and no trackball or trackpad. But then RIM dropped the Magnum and moved to the Dakota, which was (is) going to be a slider. You're right, though, all is speculation.
    03-08-10 12:15 PM
    no way is that blackberry slider the new dakota. if it is, rim really dropped the ball on that one. thats a real stupid way of kicking off your new generation of berries.
    03-08-10 09:49 PM
    No no no slider for the Dakota!!! Please no!

03-08-10 10:40 PM
    UGH!!! that slider has ZERO sex appeal, unlike the 9100, which is on the other side of the spectrum.
    03-09-10 01:44 AM
    The slider is Mr. T aka Talladega, not Dakota.

03-09-10 08:39 AM
    The slider is Mr. T aka Talladega, not Dakota.

Yep

+10 char
    03-09-10 06:53 PM
    There's been a lot of information that has changed on this device. When originally leaked, the info was that this phone, Talladega, was to be a CDMA release, aka Storm 3. That was back in September. Before this, back in spring, the slider was to be in a Pearl form factor. Flash forward to today, we now have a slider, in a Bold 1 form factor, for GSM carriers. This could all change by the time this is released later this year.
    03-09-10 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD