Brand new 9900 here, did I miss something? It is telling me that I can no longer download gmail app with nice little gmail icon? Is this right?

I HATE the bb mail icon but set it up anyway. It never changes! No star, not brighter, nothing when new email comes in? I get whatever little chime that I set up for notification but that is it, nothing on screen? Is this right?

And I just noticed that the LED doesn't turn red for emails either? What the heck did I buy here????? I loved that even if I missed the noise it made when I got an email the red blinking LED still caught my eye.

Someone must know what I am doing wrong. Surely it is something I am doing and not that the phone just doesn't act anything like my 9700?

Please help
    12-07-11 10:14 PM
    Just confirming you looked in your active profile and made sure everything on that account is turned on that you need? LED, sounds, etc.
    12-07-11 10:19 PM
    HA HA HA, too funny. Wouldn't you know that the first email that actually alerts like it is supposed to is the email from crackberry about a response to my post about emails!

I guess I spoke too soon. I do get a star by the BB email icon when a new email comes in.

But led still didn't turn red?
    12-07-11 10:23 PM
    Check that account in profiles and make sure LED is turned on.
    12-07-11 10:25 PM
    Well, I guess I just over reacted something terrible. Now upon the second email notification about this thread my led has begun blinking red......that's it, John, you are the MAN!!!!! You fixed it.

I have been getting emails for an hour or so and not a one has acted right until now. Too weird.

Thanks,
    Chad
    12-07-11 10:28 PM
    I had an issue where all my mail from one email goes to Messages folder, but not going in to the proper mail folder. I resend the service books and it fixed it. This happen to me when I upgraded from OS 7.0.0.261 to currently leaked OS 7.1
    12-07-11 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD