After re loading the OS a few times and figuring out what apps don't play nice with this device I finally have no more freeze ups or slow downs. But I also don't have many apps installed. Anyone else experience freeze ups on their new bold?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-03-11 09:03 PM
    Yes! I have freeze ups constantly! Especially with VZ Navigator. I get lost waiting for the "clock" to stop ticking in the middle of the screen (and sometimes the clock freezes too!).
    What apps did you find that did not play well with the 9930?
    Thanks for your post!
    03-20-12 02:07 PM
    Which apps didn't play nice for you?
    ILUMINATIUNDEAD likes this.
    03-20-12 02:23 PM
    Yes please spill.

The only outside app I use is eBay and i recently got Evernote to see what all the hype was about
    03-20-12 02:28 PM
    Yes please spill.

The only outside app I use is eBay and i recently got Evernote to see what all the hype was about

I installed Evernote as well to see what all the hype was about as well. It was un-installed within 24 hours. It took my battery for a ride. Plus it didn't prove worthy to replace the native memo pad.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk
    03-20-12 03:49 PM
    Yes. Please let us know if you have pinpointed something.
    03-20-12 04:16 PM
    I installed Evernote as well to see what all the hype was about as well. It was un-installed within 24 hours. It took my battery for a ride. Plus it didn't prove worthy to replace the native memo pad.

I usually use Evernote by exiting it when I'm not actively using it. That way it doesn't impact battery at all.

The point of it is to use the syncing capabilities to keep notes synced across devices (it's multi-platform).
    03-20-12 08:17 PM
    I just installed the Bell 7.1 and had mad freeze ups.

I removed the "advance OS and LED" that organized my inbound message LED colors. Only been a day, but so far the problem has stopped.

I'm also having an issue with the BBMP not resuming after a call. Attempts to restart it fail, as it shows already playing. Reboot..... And since I have a 64gig card of music, the indexing after boot is painful.
    03-20-12 08:49 PM
    I just installed the Bell 7.1 and had mad freeze ups.

I removed the "advance OS and LED" that organized my inbound message LED colors. Only been a day, but so far the problem has stopped.

I'm also having an issue with the BBMP not resuming after a call. Attempts to restart it fail, as it shows already playing. Reboot..... And since I have a 64gig card of music, the indexing after boot is painful.

I've heard similar things about Advance OS and LED.

03-20-12 09:14 PM
    I usually use Evernote by exiting it when I'm not actively using it. That way it doesn't impact battery at all.

The point of it is to use the syncing capabilities to keep notes synced across devices (it's multi-platform).

I have one device, one home pc, and one work PC. Syncng via DM to Outlook works just fine to me. Evernote just didn't pan out for me.

03-20-12 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD