http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...cing-c-645821/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-11 09:51 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...cing-c-645821/

November 12 is when I can upgrade, I could wait three months for a phone like the article talks about, even if without a keyboard. This is what should already been released already if rim had stayed focused on core business instead of dallying into tablet fiasco.

Someone now tell me I'm wrong on that point.
    09-04-11 10:01 AM
    Oh I agree. It seems that a lot of BlackBerry user here claim they don't want/need apps, FFC, LTE, things other platforms already offer...

But when news or rumor that a BB with these features may be near they drool over it.

09-04-11 10:05 AM
    I remember when BB users (self included) used to describe wi-fi on a phone as a "gimmick."

I called touchscreens, built-in cameras and bluetooth gimmicks too. It's always a gimmick when one doesn't have access to it.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-04-11 10:09 AM
    I remember when BB users (self included) used to describe wi-fi on a phone as a "gimmick."

I called touchscreens, built-in cameras and bluetooth gimmicks too. It's always a gimmick when one doesn't have access to it.
    Wow, great quote!

Yeah, I just like trying different platforms to get to fully know the strength and weaknesses.

If I ever went back to BlackBerry, I would miss a lot of Android features.

For example, Google Voice is so integrated into Android. And I use it for calls, text and voicemail.

09-04-11 10:14 AM
    Front facing camera? They don't even have enough space for auto-focus. Where are they gonna fit another lens? :P
    09-04-11 10:21 AM
    Oh I agree. It seems that a lot of BlackBerry user here claim they don't want/need apps, FFC, LTE, things other platforms already offer...

But when news or rumor that a BB with these features may be near they drool over it.

That may be my only decision. Wait for the possibility or move. The entire situation for me is at the same time to move my wife to new phone with vid-chat . She has a Samsung captivate, so there is another possible bb customer. She owned an original bold 9000 and liked it. I have a son and grannies in one town, other family in another town, inlaws in another town, not just other towns but other states. Heck, if rim was ready I could possibly move most of them to bb's for bbm and vidchat. Heck I'm old, I don't have time to wait around waiting for rim to get their crap together!

Even though I truly wish they did already have it together, like women, I can be loyal if they are taking care of me, if not, time to find someone who will! LOL!
    I feel let down that my 9900 doesn't have a trackball.
    I'd say don't wait. Get the features you want now. I'm loving video chat right now.

Doesn't mean you can't switch back in the future, if/when RIM offers something you like.

Last edited by chrisy520; 09-04-11 at 10:27 AM.
    09-04-11 10:23 AM
    The only reason it has a track pad is rim is using old9000 bodies and had to fill the opening with something. Really, think for once, for cripes sake, why have a touch pad on a touch screen!!!
    09-04-11 10:26 AM
    Would you use that trackball while walking down the street?
    09-04-11 10:26 AM
    Trackpads are a gimmick. Give me the side rocker wheel back.

09-04-11 10:28 AM
    Trackpads are a gimmick. Give me the side rocker wheel back.

you folks are a hoot, nice discussion, sorry to have ruffled the fanboys feelings, I,m outta here, ya'll enjoy your weekend!
    09-04-11 10:37 AM
    The only reason it has a track pad is rim is using old9000 bodies and had to fill the opening with something. Really, think for once, for cripes sake, why have a touch pad on a touch screen!!!
    I don't know mawil1013, I mean, your argument would make a heck of a lot more sense if there were even rumours of an FFC BB coming out, but there wasn't. It's not like it was supposed to happen, but didn't.

You will have to go Android or Apple for that, unless you bought a Playbook, then I suppose it could work, as there are cross-platform apps that work well.
    09-04-11 10:38 AM
    Ppl love their gadgets and always the new shiny thing that comes along but its all personal preference. So far i see as when ppl post here to say they are leaving because lack thereof is to gain some form of remorse. I am not trying to down anyone just what i am observing for the reasons to post. I am glad your still a blackberry fan as for the reason your still in the forum to discuss with us.

The only thing that bothers me is that many make a thread to tell us they are leaving as if we are going to make every effort to keep you. What keeps you to a product is what that product offers you or if your loyal to the standards of that product to your needs.

I wish all whom have moved on but still holds BB in their hearts to find what they seek and desire. Just when you come back don't ask to be our friends in BBM because you are punished and will be in RIMPIRE's DOGHOUSE...LMBO...LLS
    09-04-11 05:10 PM
    As soon as a new phone is released a newer shiner one comes out the next day. If you get one with all the bells and whistles you better get a bigger battery! I lost a lot of features leaving Android but gained the one I needed! I never thought I would return to BB but I guess I was wrong !

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-04-11 06:06 PM
    Still don't see the point.. half the phones I own have a FF cam, never use it.
    Exactly.
    FF cameras are the big rage. Everyone thinks they NEED one, but chances are few will ever use it.
    The last thing on my wish list is a FF camera. Got one on my MacBook Air, and on my PlayBook, used them a total of 3 times in the last year and that was just forcing myself to try them. Def not a necessity for me.
    09-04-11 06:57 PM
    If no front cam for vid chat than I must pass
    If it had the "Front Facing Camera" it would only increase the price and give you something else to find wrong with the device.
    09-04-11 07:04 PM
    If it had the "Front Facing Camera" it would only increase the price and give you something else to find wrong with the device.
    I paid full price for my9700, I planned to resale it to buffer the full price I'd be paying for the new bold touch, I save so much on my cheap plan of unlimited web and1000 anytime minutes. So in my case I'm not looking art upfront cost.
    09-04-11 07:16 PM
    As soon as a new phone is released a newer shiner one comes out the next day. If you get one with all the bells and whistles you better get a bigger battery! I lost a lot of features leaving Android but gained the one I needed! I never thought I would return to BB but I guess I was wrong !

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    agreed. 5 android devices later i am back to a bb. what a surprise because i definitely did not see this happening about a year and a half down the road.
    09-04-11 09:32 PM
    Well, just be thankful, or any FFC on this device would have been an EDoF one...
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    09-04-11 09:50 PM
    Well, just be thankful, or any FFC on this device would have been an EDoF one...
    That was just low...
    09-04-11 09:52 PM
    lol I would never use the FF camera if there WAS one.you gotta remember bb's are technically meant for bussiness use.not multimedia like apple products
    09-05-11 01:00 AM
    My children are all grown and gone and I would rather have BBM to chat with them whenever I want rather than a FFC for an occasional video chat.
    09-05-11 11:12 AM
    Like seeing TapaTalk for BB.
    09-05-11 01:44 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD