Trying to update my OS but both BBSAK and Bboss cant detect my device. Its there as its recognised as an extra drive, and DM recognises it and connects fine. I've done loads of updates, previously on my 9700, and several on my 9900 and have never encountered this. Has anyone had this and found a solution?

Thanks in advance...
    11-11-11 11:02 AM
    I've found BBSAK pretty rubbish on OS7 so I deleted it, and never used BBBoss. Always used BBHybrid Tool which has never failed to connect, and everything always works fine.

If DM has detected your phone, then why don't you use that to update with?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-11 11:10 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply, I might have to use DM, but got used to using BBBoss and wondered if anyone had experienced this. Mainly because it auto deletes the vendor files and shrinks out stuff I dont need lol. Looks like I'll have to hunt for the dreaded Vendors lol..
    11-11-11 11:13 AM
    I believe the vendor file in .503 is just an empty shell, as several have updated successfully without deleting it. Still better to be safe than sorry though.

11-11-11 11:27 AM
    I don't know too much about them, but DM didn't detect a new OS until I'd searched and deleted. Installing now via DM. Does this do a wipe first? thats another reason I use apploader via BBboss.
    11-11-11 11:33 AM
    Yeah, a 507 wipe is always automatically invoked during an OS install.

Timbo_UK likes this.
    11-11-11 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD