I have been using Outlook 2010 for quite a while and then switched to Outlook 2011 with my former employer. The switch went very smooth and even on my BlackBerry I did not notice any difference. All contact pictures remained on the device and even when I added new ones it was synchronized to the device perfectly independently of the image size. Now I've changed jobs and with my new employer I've re-imported my contacts into Outlook 2011 again. From an Outlook 2011 perspective everything looks great, all pictures are there however they are not on my BlackBerry. Every new contact or every removed one will synchronize perfectly to my BlackBerry - only the contact pictures won't. I've tried inserting new ones, I've played around with image sizes as I've read something about certain limitations, I've spoken to the BES admin and he confirmed this feature has not been turned off on the BES. Has anyone experienced the same issue or any ideas on how to solve this one?
    12-05-11 01:16 AM
    I have been using Outlook 2010 for quite a while and then switched to Outlook 2011 with my former employer. The switch went very smooth and even on my BlackBerry I did not notice any difference. All contact pictures remained on the device and even when I added new ones it was synchronized to the device perfectly independently of the image size. Now I've changed jobs and with my new employer I've re-imported my contacts into Outlook 2011 again. From an Outlook 2011 perspective everything looks great, all pictures are there however they are not on my BlackBerry. Every new contact or every removed one will synchronize perfectly to my BlackBerry - only the contact pictures won't. I've tried inserting new ones, I've played around with image sizes as I've read something about certain limitations, I've spoken to the BES admin and he confirmed this feature has not been turned off on the BES. Has anyone experienced the same issue or any ideas on how to solve this one?
    If it's on BES, contact your local helpdesk. IT Policy on BES can affect alot of things.
    12-05-11 05:50 AM
    When using Outlook 2010 on a Windows PC I figured that also here the photos are missing respectively attached as a file to the contact instead of used in the contact photo field. How can this be? Both products are from Microsoft and should structure the information on the Exchange server in the same way! I have now learned that this is a known issue, however has Microsoft got any plans to get this fixed and also is there a workaround? I have approx. 2'500 contacts so editing one contact one by one is not an option. Has anyone got an idea how to fix this?
    12-29-11 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD