View Poll Results: Should I get a BB9900 now or wait for BB10 QWERTY device?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, get a 9900 now

35 68.63%
  • No, wait for a physical QWERTY BB10 device

3 5.88%
  • Maybe, wait till BBWorld is over then decide

13 25.49%
    Hey fellow addicts,

Can anyone confirm that there will be no physical QWERTY keyboard BB10 device at BB10 launch?

If there will be no physical QWERTY device at launch, do you guys think it would be worth getting a 9900 now? I can't see myself really liking a touch screen only phone. Currently I have a 9700. Any guesses when the first BB10 QWERTY device will arrive?

Thanks!
    04-29-12 12:57 AM
    Currently even the physical qwerty BB10 is a rumour. No one can confirm anything yet. Only leaked roadmap, and (if i can recall) Alec Saunders saying something about trying to get BB10 in most form factor. Wait till BB10, see if there are anymore news about it. But ultimately, it is almost a certainty that there will not be a physical qwerty BB10 at launch. (Unless RIM decides to surprise us all.) If things goes according to the leaked roadmap, the physical qwerty BB10 will only be out perhaps first quater next year.

So, if you are willing to wait more than half a year, why not? Or if you can't, wait till BB world and see whether there will be more news about the full touch BB10. Maybe you might like it. Either way, its only a few days away.

my 2 cents.
    04-29-12 01:44 AM
    Get a 9900 now, if you like the qwerty like me no full touch screen will ever do and I don't think we will get a better keyboard then the 9900s
    daveshiz and louboutins like this.
    04-29-12 02:21 AM
    If there is a qwerty BB10 device we won't see it till around Christmas time, from what I heard. So I would get the 9900 and trade it in for the next device, if it ever is announced.
    04-29-12 03:18 AM
    Get a cheap, maybe a little used 9900 now and wait for the BB10 qwerty device.
    04-29-12 06:25 AM
    get the 9900, u won't b disappointed..... well built phone imo
    chickentender likes this.
    04-29-12 07:36 AM
    Considering they've said that no new phones will be spoken of at BBWorld, Id go for the 9900 now or you'll end up waiting and waiting.
    The 9900 is a solid phone, if you like a BlackBerry you won't be disappointed with it, its the best of the best so far.
    04-29-12 09:05 AM
    If RIM doesn't make a physical keyboard for BB10 then in my opinion it over for RIM. I can almost guarantee they will make one they just need to let us know and stop being so quiet. RIM needs to market themselves a little better to get the word out and sales will climb. More and more people are coming back to blackberry after experiencing other platforms.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-29-12 10:51 AM
    If RIM doesn't make a physical keyboard for BB10 then in my opinion it over for RIM. I can almost guarantee they will make one they just need to let us know and stop being so quiet. RIM needs to market themselves a little better to get the word out and sales will climb. More and more people are coming back to blackberry after experiencing other platforms.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    If they don't release a physical qwerty phone it will likely be for one of two reasons: There is no market for it or the all touch flopped and BB10 went away before the thing was ready.
    04-29-12 10:58 AM
    Gotta agree with ESN. Guess it will take it a little longer to get a BB10 device physical keys out. Maybe later but not yet.
    But asap if they can cover up all the gimmicks. If you look around how many people's own the 99XX for his excellent keyboard experience?
    I say alot! Though the 99XX has a hate and love motion for it's poor battery life and some other poor gimmicks.
    If they can bring out a BB10 device with a physical keyboard with the spec's that you can match,
    with the device's that are on the market of even better. Though the 99XX is still superior, sooner or later it will be no more.
    A tweaked up to IU, screen etc and so on, i'm sure many people's will be loving it and coming back/switching and no more hate / love motion.
    04-29-12 11:02 AM
    if there's no physical QWERTY keyboard at launch, i'm getting an iphone. sad to say but it's the truth. They keyboard's the only reason I and MANY other people have blackberries. So not releasing a keyboard BB10 device at launch will hinder their sales numbers.
    04-29-12 11:36 AM
    I got the 9900 and to be honest im not fussed about BB10 at all. Its my back phone since the iphone is the primary, but with the BBM and many other apps its getting my attention in the moment.

Not releasing a qwerty keyboard will be a great mistake by rim since many members stated that having a keyboard is the soul of blackberry.
    04-29-12 11:50 AM
    if there's no physical QWERTY keyboard at launch, i'm getting an iphone. sad to say but it's the truth. They keyboard's the only reason I and MANY other people have blackberries. So not releasing a keyboard BB10 device at launch will hinder their sales numbers.

RIM's marketing data may be telling them to not bother with a physical qwerty, since "many" sales will not be enough for a profit. Clearly many is not enough to justify leading with it. Face it, the iconic BB might be a museum piece. I hear you though. I'm in the many crowd. I want a keyboard and a trackpad or they can have the thing.
    04-29-12 12:32 PM
    To the OP, I was on the fence just like you, and now that I've learned how to type on a virtual keypad with the PlayBook, it's not really that bad. I've been typing on a BlackBerry phone's keypad for almost 5 years so naturally I'm more proficient with the phone, but I've gotten the hang of this virtual keypad.......I think I'm going to wait until after the Jam or some kind of accurate (close) time line to when phones are going to be released
    04-29-12 12:43 PM
    I was having this same dilemma for months. Finally just pulled the trigger and got the 9900 (coming from a curve 8900 if that tells you anything about my patience hehe). Have to say i'm pretty dang happy with it so far. No regrets.
    04-29-12 04:23 PM
    get the 9900, u won't b disappointed..... well built phone imo
    Much agreed. It'll be disappointing if we don't see a QWERTY physical keyboard on the bb10 phones. I personally don't like using touch screen (have tried many many times) but I just can't get used to no buttons after years of using blackberry physical keyboards. If the bb10 devices are all touch then I may just buy a second 9900 just in case ! Blackberry for eva !
    04-30-12 12:59 AM
    My keyboard, trackpad and convenience key is the primary method of navigating and using the phone. Without at least a keyboard and trackpad, I will probably just stick with my 9900.
    04-30-12 01:23 PM
    Why get the 9900 now when the BB10 device will drive prices of the current 9900 prices down?
    04-30-12 05:57 PM
    When i heard the 1st bb10 wasn't gonna be a qwerty i went ahead n bought a 9900..thinkin' maybe RIM has people like me in mind with the marketing...wondering if they'd sell less 99xx's if they announced a qwerty bb10 coming this year
    05-01-12 01:24 AM
    Why get the 9900 now when the BB10 device will drive prices of the current 9900 prices down?
    RIM won't be releasing the new Bb10 anytime soon. I'm contemplating on getting the 9930 (Sprint) myself. I miss having a physical keyboard.
    05-01-12 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD