Why is there only a 7.0.0.510 rom available...what happened to 7.1?
    12-10-11 04:57 PM
    There is...7.1.0.74 with Mobile Hotspot.
    12-10-11 05:06 PM
    Well then I'm curious why the 7.0.0 is a sticky on the forum as opposed to 7.1. I've been having a lot of issues with 7.1 and I wonder if anyone else has them. Namely, my phone's mic and speaker stops working. This is really bad.
    12-10-11 05:17 PM
    7.1 is leaked.

Only highest official OS gets a sticky.

Leaked OS's stay in leaked section. Hope this helps.
    12-10-11 05:21 PM
    Funny then that it was the Blackberry Desktop Software that prompted me to upgrade to 7.1. Ugh, this sucks. I'm starting to have serious doubts about this phone.
    12-10-11 06:41 PM
    why would you starting to have doubts about your phone, if your Blackberry Desktop Manager tells your to upgrade to 7.1.
    you can decide what you want to do.

Low battery life; phone randomly fails with no warning or indication requiring a restart, which is terrible considering my business relies on telephone conversations; poor support for Gmail labels; randomly freezes; no theme lab released yet; people complaining about "bricking".

I could go on, but I'm sure you get the idea of where I'm coming from.
    12-10-11 07:39 PM
    I need my phone too for my business. I use it for a lot of phone calls and emails. Unit is mexico 4. I get at least 12 hours of batt life. No bricking. No freezing. I guess, you just got a lemon from a batch. Why not get a replacement instead? I am on .540 btw.
    12-10-11 07:56 PM
    Low battery life; phone randomly fails with no warning or indication requiring a restart, which is terrible considering my business relies on telephone conversations; poor support for Gmail labels; randomly freezes; no theme lab released yet; people complaining about "bricking".

I could go on, but I'm sure you get the idea of where I'm coming from.
    Might want to check into the whole label thing a bit.
    Gmail labels work great on BlackBerrys.
    I would even argue that they work better on a
    BlackBerry than they do an Android.
    They work exactly like they are supposed to.
    12-10-11 08:41 PM
    Funny then that it was the Blackberry Desktop Software that prompted me to upgrade to 7.1. Ugh, this sucks. I'm starting to have serious doubts about this phone.
    DM will prompt you to update under 2 circumstances.....

1.) your carrier released a new official OS

or

2.) you manually download and install an OS to your PC then plug your phone in

i HIGHLY doubt your DM asked you to load 7.1 since its not official yet. this is something you must have done. its a leaked OS and isnt guaranteed to work well at all. operator error. revert back to 7.0.....problem solved.
    12-10-11 11:25 PM
    Leaked means use at YOUR OWN risk.
    12-10-11 11:31 PM
    It is up to you to decide if you want to install OS 7.1 or not. At the end of the day RIM is working to fix any issues on their previous OS builds. All of these OS files, including the official are work in progress. I mean nothing in this world is perfect...
    12-11-11 12:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD