RIM and Telefonica have announced plans to roll out a trial with 9900, 9360, and 9380 for NFC Payment AND Access Control.

The solution is using a Wallet app from Telefonica.

COO of Telefonica said: "We have chosen the BlackBerry because of the security that the platform brings".

Just google "RIM Telefonica NFC" to read more.
    11-24-11 01:06 PM
    Telefonica Digital and RIM announce NFC payments with BlackBerry smartphones
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 11-24-11 at 01:19 PM.
    11-24-11 01:15 PM
    One of the reasons that RIM is under attack lately is because of this. This is a huge deal. Competitors of RIM have spent a lot of money in defamatory marketing and negative viral marketing to make RIM look bad over the last few months in an effort to stop this deal. They have failed here. And will continue to fail in their attempts to stop BBX as well.

Just look at all the paid viral marketing shill trolls flooding this site alone with nonsense negativity towards RIM for proof. It's a dog eat dog world, and RIM is swimming with the sharks here. Only thing the sharks didn't realize is, RIM is actually a bigger shark.

2012 = The Year Of Research In Motion!

Oh yes. It's true...
    Last edited by EvilmasterMMA; 11-24-11 at 01:43 PM.
    Vijik likes this.
    11-24-11 01:33 PM
    @EvilmasterMMA, fully agree with you.

1- Payment? Building Access Control?

2- Is it secure?

3- BlackBerry the most secure platform!

On this one BB competes with iWideOpen on iPhone, and OpenSource-oid on Android.
    11-24-11 10:16 PM
    There is a reason why Head of States uses BB.. I guess this is it.
    11-24-11 10:20 PM
    One of the reasons that RIM is under attack lately is because of this. This is a huge deal. Competitors of RIM have spent a lot of money in defamatory marketing and negative viral marketing to make RIM look bad over the last few months in an effort to stop this deal. They have failed here. And will continue to fail in their attempts to stop BBX as well.

Just look at all the paid viral marketing shill trolls flooding this site alone with nonsense negativity towards RIM for proof. It's a dog eat dog world, and RIM is swimming with the sharks here. Only thing the sharks didn't realize is, RIM is actually a bigger shark.

2012 = The Year Of Research In Motion!

Oh yes. It's true...

BBs are the only smart phones certified for doing payment using SIM card.
    This is highly appreciated by carriers over Android phones that try to run payment from embedded secure element (not liked by carriers).
    iPhone doesn't even have NFC.

I agree that so many new threads with negative-attack-ads as the thread title, created by newbies, are a bit fishy.
    But it is also a good news. I have many friends who have switched back to BlackBerry after new BB models became available in this quarter. This might be the reason behind many of these threads and newbies.
    11-24-11 10:22 PM
    There is a reason why Head of States uses BB.. I guess this is it.
    Not only the head of States, but also Pentagon, CIA, MI6, MI5, and many other governments and government agencies are using BlackBerry.

Now, with the NFC payment and building access control the security of BBs are going to be also appreciated in consumer market.

As EvilmasterMMA wrote, 2012 is the year of BlackBerry.
    11-24-11 10:37 PM
    I was in the army with a high security clearance. It is obvious to me because I've seen the consequence of security violations and non-secure equipment.

Sadly, so many of us say "it has never happened to me" so they don't even think about it. It is kind of like saying "I've never driven my car off a cliff before so I don't need to worry about it. There is no threat". The fact is the threat is getting worse by the day. As the center of gravity shifts from desktops to mobile devices the bad guys will be ready and non-BlackBerry users won't.

The 19 year old sales people are not helping much here either. They are focused on the things I was focused when I was 19. Movies and video games. I've asked a few questions of these passionate sales people and they simply don't understand the devices beyond muliti-media, which they can plainly see.

2012 will likely be the year BlackBerry does very well, I just hope it is before something catastrophic happens to good people that made uninformed decisions.

I push BlackBerry hard with my friends because I care about them. The new OS7 devices are a great deal.

Go RIM!
    Vijik likes this.
    11-24-11 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD