Long-time lurker, first time poster, so here goes.

I recently (few days back) upgraded onto a 9900, and after a few days, I found a small plastic bit on the battery. I removed it, not thinking otherwise. After looking on the back, I found a bit of (what I think is) the NFC antenna missing. I don't have any way of testing if this works, and coz of my OCD, decided to post here. (sorry for bad webcam image). Is this gonna affect it working, should I take it back or what?

Last edited by dpp1; 05-13-12 at 04:17 AM.
    05-13-12 04:13 AM
    I haven't used my 9900's NFC, so I don't know if that will affect it. You could always buy a new battery door online. They range from like $3 to $10. I think any NFC payment thing would have to be tied to a debit or credit card, but if you haven't set it up, then it wouldn't be a problem.

A new battery door would end all your OCD worries (for this)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-13-12 04:29 AM
    I haven't used my 9900's NFC, so I don't know if that will affect it. You could always buy a new battery door online. They range from like $3 to $10. I think any NFC payment thing would have to be tied to a debit or credit card, but if you haven't set it up, then it wouldn't be a problem.

A new battery door would end all your OCD worries (for this)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Haha, thanks for the quick reply. I guess I'll just buy a new door, anybody know a good place in the UK that does official ones?
    05-13-12 04:36 AM
    You can test NFC if you find another person with an NFC-Enabled BB running BB OS 7.1+
    Just open a picture on your BB (make sure NFC and backlight is on on both BBs), then tap them together (back to back). You should then get a prompt for sending and receiving that picture.

Be careful when buying a battery door with NFC antenna.
    NFC antenna like any other antenna has an impedance that needs to match the impedance on the device. If not, then even if NFC works, the range might be much less than what it should.

If you see a serial/type number or so, on the battery door, see if you can get one that has the same number.
    05-13-12 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD